Thread: Background Checks?????

Banned

Default Background Checks?????

You've got to be kidding me!!!!!

Players have background checks performed when they are drafted, by the teams that have thoughts of drafting per said player. Tinsley dropped to the end of the first round because of his background check, yet the Pacers took a chance on him anyway. Up until last year at club Rio, Jammal was barely a blip on the heart meter when it came to high profile players on this Pacer team or guys getting into trouble. Now he is the poster boy for thuggish behavior in grater Indianapolis.

Marquis Daniels was undrafted bythe Mavericks and played their for two years without incident. He comes to Inday and suddenly hes involved with not one,but two investigations by the same prosecutor.

Why would you have a private investagator follow these guys around day in and day out? Reporting their every move to the team top brass. Thats just ignorant and to think that a professional team would do that is more ignorant.

People like Jim Rome who has a snied opinion about everything that he doesn't agree with says what he says for RATINGS and for his less cerebral fans that watch his show, or listen to his rantings on radio. I find him entertaining, but not very believeable.

After reading Jon Murrays article this morning in the Star. The only thing that can be said to all those who have convicted Tinsley and Daniels in the court of public opinion is you really need to up your IQ's because you all sound really, really STUPID, right now. I don't even like Tinsley as a player, or as an Indiana Pacer, but I do believe in his right of innocent until proven guilty....He wasn't even charged with anything at the Club Rio incident, yet the court of public opinion had him tried and sentenced. Hope that makes most of you feel like proud Americans, because most of your statement on this messsage board make you look far from being one.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Background Checks?????

Oh tell me wonderful knower of all, if this was just something made up, for whatever reason, then why wasn't JO's named first involved?

This is the first time it's been let known that he was even at the party, let alone a witness to the events.

The first excuse flying around was the bar manager was just trying to get a piece of someone famous. Now it comes out he doesn't even want charges to be pressed. So obviously he's not wanting anything.

Now it's because Brizzi wants to prosecute high profile people to make a name for himself.

There's just some of us, like me, that are sick and tired of hearing about another Pacer is named in some kind of incident, and not as a victim or witness.

If JO managed to stay clear of everything, and not have his name brought up, then why in the hell can't Jamaal and Quis? I would expect that those two would literally RUN away from any trouble considering they were just involved in a bar fight at Club Rio.

You should step down off your soap box because you have just as much information as everyone else, which you formed your OPINION with. You don't have any more right than I do to call your opinion stupid.

When everyone agrees on something, come find me. Until then you can keep personal remarks towards people to yourself.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's just some of us, like me, that are sick and tired of hearing about another Pacer is named in some kind of incident, and not as a victim or witness.
    You realize ANYBODY can become a suspect of just about anything, all it takes is an accusation. I can go and accuse you of murdering Hoffa, won't hold up in court, only difference is you are not a professional athlete and the general public could give a less about what I accuse you of or what is written in the papers.

Banned

Since86

Not a soapbox, just the facts that are now starting to come out. But again people like yourself have convicted these guys in the court of public opinion.

Do your homework on theses guys like Brizzi....he has his own webpage, filled with all his triumphs and cases....the perfect polictical tool to get elected to the next office he runs for....mayor of Indy?, No, maybe he wants to be govenor!

*snip*

Flames removed - Shade

It's a freaking soapbox when you start calling people stupid, peabrains, and that crap. There's no place for it.

You can disagree with my OPINION just as much as I can disagree with your OPINION.

These are the facts I care about, and the only facts at this point. Jamaal Tinsley and Quis Daniels have been named in TWO bar/club incidents in less than six months. Both incidents are a black eye for the franchise locally and nationally.

I only care about those two facts, because perception is reality. Not everyone cares enough to keep reading story updates. Do you think Joe Smith in Chicago keeps checking for updates on this story? No, he heard the first report that two pacers were involved in a second bar fight this season and he formed his OPINION based on them, and I doubt it's a positive one.

I don't want to be looked at like a fool when I say that I'm a Pacer fan, or when I wear Pacer gear. I don't want to go home and have my parents rib me about the players, especially when they're freaking Bengals fans.

Wrap your head around that idea. It's not what did happen, it's what other people outside this place THINKS happened. People aren't going to the games anymore. Why is that? The team isn't performing on or off the court at the level that fans expect.

THAT'S what upsets me. Not the fact that they may or may not have been directly involved. At this point, it doesn't matter. They have been convicted in the court of public opinion as a whole, and it only hurts this franchise.

We can discuss this further, if you'd like, but leave your personal comments behind. I expect your posts to either be edited by admins or either deleted. If you don't know why, I suggest you read the rules of this forum, something you were supposed to do before you ever posted.

Banned

People arn't going to games becasue the Pacers are inconsistant! Not because of the incidents they have been allegedly accused of...remember that word ALLEGEDLY.

Why spend your Dollar on a team that wins 3 then loses 3, not because what people percive of the team. If the Pacers finish with a flourish and are in the top four seed in the conference, Conseco will fill up, but not because of any off the court issues.

By the way The Bengal players that were ARRESTED and did do the crimes that they were convicted of, and didn't need the county prosecutor to take weak evidence to a grand jury just to see if their cases had any merit. Much like the Dominic Rhodes situation.

If it bothers you what others think of you being a PAcer fan, then thats your problem. I have been a Pacer fan since the teams inception and I refuse to let one or two bad apples ruin something that I cherrish. Especially if their evidence is weak and the victem didn't want to press charges in the first place.

Your right, I could have used more suttle words as to describe what I am seeing form supposed Paer Fans, but after a while it really gets frustrating to see just how many people share the same wrong opinion, and won't even consider that they could be wrong...

But I guess its all about joe fan and not the truth.

I thought you were up to date on all the reading about the incident?

Either way, you must not believe the freaking owner of the Pacers.

Pacers owner Herb Simon said Thursday that several incidents have hurt the team.
    "Attendance is down," he said. "We have a team that plays together, so we're getting to the point we're getting excited about the team.
    "But we're losing the fans."
    http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...OCAL/702230457

What were you saying?

Quote Originally Posted by DaSMASH View Post
    You've got to be kidding me!!!!!

Players have background checks performed when they are drafted, by the teams that have thoughts of drafting per said player. Tinsley dropped to the end of the first round because of his background check, yet the Pacers took a chance on him anyway. Up until last year at club Rio, Jammal was barely a blip on the heart meter when it came to high profile players on this Pacer team or guys getting into trouble. Now he is the poster boy for thuggish behavior in grater Indianapolis.

Marquis Daniels was undrafted bythe Mavericks and played their for two years without incident. He comes to Inday and suddenly hes involved with not one,but two investigations by the same prosecutor.

Why would you have a private investagator follow these guys around day in and day out? Reporting their every move to the team top brass. Thats just ignorant and to think that a professional team would do that is more ignorant.

People like Jim Rome who has a snied opinion about everything that he doesn't agree with says what he says for RATINGS and for his less cerebral fans that watch his show, or listen to his rantings on radio. I find him entertaining, but not very believeable.

After reading Jon Murrays article this morning in the Star. The only thing that can be said to all those who have convicted Tinsley and Daniels in the court of public opinion is you really need to up your IQ's because you all sound really, really STUPID, right now. I don't even like Tinsley as a player, or as an Indiana Pacer, but I do believe in his right of innocent until proven guilty....He wasn't even charged with anything at the Club Rio incident, yet the court of public opinion had him tried and sentenced. Hope that makes most of you feel like proud Americans, because most of your statement on this messsage board make you look far from being one.
    The first sign of a losing argument is when the ignorant and stupid comments get thrown around. It only amplies that arrogance when the validity of your citizenship is called into question.

Having worked in professional sports allow me to let you in on a little secret. Not only do teams have PI's watch players but so does the league. They are called security.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

The first excuse flying around was the bar manager was just trying to get a piece of someone famous. Now it comes out he doesn't even want charges to be pressed. So obviously he's not wanting anything.
    Or got what he wanted as some would suggest regarding his stance of not wanting charges pressed.

Which would mean they actually did do something wrong.

Why would he have gotten anything, if they weren't involved?

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Are the owner and manager the same person? I didn't think they were.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

The article is about the manager not wanting to press charges.

The 8 Seconds Saloon and (bar manager) Mark Nicholson did not seek to press charges," said Too Keller, an attorney for the bar's owners, who include Nicholson's brother, Brad. "Once police are involved, it's up to the prosecutor."

But Keller declined to comment on whether the bar's owners supported the charges being filed.
    http://thestarpress.com/apps/pbcs.dl...EWS06/70223002

I know it's muncie's paper, but it's directly from the Indy Star.