Thread: I will die an early death...

Default I will die an early death...

... brought about by my daughter, who is killing me.

It's 3:10 in the morning, and I've been rocking her for four hours.

She falls asleep just fine... she just won't stay asleep for more than 2 minutes at a time.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Default Re: I will die an early death...

No you will not, you will learn to enjoy

1: sit down on the couch
    2: slum backwards until a position between "laying" and "hanging" is achieved, make sure you are comfy.
    3: put daughter on chest, head near shoulder, close to your heart.
    4: breath quietly, give the little girl room to move if she wants just make sure she is safe.
    5: dim the lights, or turn them off.
    6: sleep till you wake up, so will she.

(from experience)
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

You think that's bad, just wait till she asks if she can go on the pill and gets her tongue pierced

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No you will not, you will learn to enjoy

1: sit down on the couch
    2: slum backwards until a position between "laying" and "hanging" is achieved, make sure you are comfy.
    3: put daughter on chest, head near shoulder, close to your heart.
    4: breath quietly, give the little girl room to move if she wants just make sure she is safe.
    5: dim the lights, or turn them off.
    6: sleep till you wake up, so will she.

(from experience)

THAT is exactly how I was ever able to get Geezer Jr. to sleep as an infant! Damm near every night, I ended up holding him in that position while we both slept. Only once did he slip and almost fall out of the recliner chair...I caught him in mid-air (don't EVER tell the Mrs. about that!!).
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Eindar View Post
    You think that's bad, just wait till she asks if she can go on the pill and gets her tongue pierced

My wife's sis and bro-in-law put their 17 year old daughter on the pill when she got her 1st "real" boy friend.
    IMPO you might as well rent them a room, you've just given them permission. Personally, I think cleaning my shotgun when he comes over is more effective. My pappy once said (I had 3 sisters) that you shoot the first boyfriend and the rest just naturally behave themselves.
    (why do I have the feeling I just started this thread on the road to the Political column?)
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Anthem, I highly suggest what Abel mentioned.

It does work.

I also have a question for you. What type of bottle do you use to feed with?

I HIGHLY recommend the Dr. Brown's bottles. They do work, the do eliminate colic, gas, etc etc. Maybe buy a couple of those and try them out. Thats another possiblity.

Another question for you as well....Is she bringing her legs up to her stomach?

She might have a tummy ache. The infant gas drops help as well.

All from experience. Ive been very lucky. My little guy has pretty well slept through the night since week 3. (ok, now you can kill me)

Ah memories. Reminds me why I have so many wrinkles.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

I consume tiny briefs Robobtowncolt's Avatar

40k on the black market.

I kid because I love.
    Narf!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Ah memories. Reminds me why I have so many wrinkles.

I thought those came from chasing around after a certain nameless QB and a former Pacer player....trying to keep THEM out of trouble.

She won't go on my chest... she cries every time. I can hold her football-style just fine, but when I bring her to my chest she bawls every time. I haven't figured it out... there's nothing wrong with my hold, she just doesn't like it.

She also cries the moment I sit down... couch, rocker, everything.

Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I always had good luck with Nyquil.......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

I consume tiny briefs Robobtowncolt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    I always had good luck with Nyquil.......
    Well, yeah, but him downing a bottle of Nyquil won't really shut the baby up.
    Narf!

Quote Originally Posted by Gyron View Post
    I HIGHLY recommend the Dr. Brown's bottles. They do work, the do eliminate colic,
    Does sound like colic, but don't trust me since there's no MD behind my name.

One other thing (sorry Anthem I haven't kept up on boy/girl) if it's a boy sometimes they do develope a hernia early on. Sometimes this happens if the baby was pretty good size at birth and momma had a little difficulty pushing him out (learned this from experience ) and no Robo I wasn't the one doing the pushing.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    I thought those came from chasing around after a certain nameless QB and a former Pacer player....trying to keep THEM out of trouble.
    The aforementioned QB whines like a baby that's for sure. While the Pacer/Purdue grad has learned to keep that temper in check I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Does sound like colic, but don't trust me since there's no MD behind my name.

One other thing (sorry Anthem I haven't kept up on boy/girl) if it's a boy sometimes they do develope a hernia early on. Sometimes this happens if the baby was pretty good size at birth and momma had a little difficulty pushing him out (learned this from experience ) and no Robo I wasn't the one doing the pushing.

Sounds a lot like Colic to me, but I agree with RWB, no MD here.

Try the Dr. Brown's Bottles. Seriously. I know peple who switched to them, and it completely changed their baby's whole demeanor. No more colic or upset tummy's. We've used them sine the beginning and let me tell you, NO colic here. That baby has been one happy baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Robobtowncolt View Post
    Well, yeah, but him downing a bottle of Nyquil won't really shut the baby up.
    That's true, but it will no longer be his problem.....
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Quote Originally Posted by Gyron View Post
    Sounds a lot like Colic to me, but I agree with RWB, no MD here.

Try the Dr. Brown's Bottles. Seriously. I know peple who switched to them, and it completely changed their baby's whole demeanor. No more colic or upset tummy's. We've used them sine the beginning and let me tell you, NO colic here. That baby has been one happy baby.
    Haven't used a bottle yet... so far it's all from Mamma.

I'll keep that in mind though.

Enjoy your time at PD!