Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Post game thread - Double OT Win Against Bucks

Default Post game thread - Double OT Win Against Bucks

You of all people are complaining about a message board poster treating a basketball player like a god? Seriously?
    Take a look at who you are talking about here. I treat a 6 time all star, a mvp candidate, 20 and 10 like clockwork Jermaine O'Neal, and they Michael Dunleavy. Come on now that doesnt mix at all.

For the first time in my life I have seen a player praised for coming in late on a defensive switch but thats okay because he knew he had to be there. The guy is a okay player just like Stephen. Nothing more nothing less. But unlike Stephen, who gets up for big games, Mike Dunleavy goes into his shell when big games come. But hey he is Mike Dunleavy and he has what people on here like.

Default Re: Post game thread - Double OT Win Against Bucks

good win...I think the p's have to come out swinging right now because if they don't they will surely have trouble during the march stretch!
    JO 4 MVP
    I love that guy!
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

You know you begged the question man, so I'll take the bait and ask it: What is it that "people on here" like? Do elaborate.

I agree that some people on here overrate Mike Dunleavy a bit. But no one, NO ONE, is saying he is a god. And no one is saying he is better than JO.

JO and Marquis took more shots than Dunleavy did tonight. Tinsley took as many shots as Dunleavy did. A good portion of Dunleavy's shots came on fast breaks. Dunleavy barely played in the 4th and didn't come back in until Granger fouled out in the 2nd overtime. And for good reason, since Dunleavy isn't a good defender. So I really can't see why you complain about JO not getting enough touches.

You don't score 29 points by barely touching the ball. JO got plenty of touches and you know it.

Just because some people on this board like a certain player does not mean that they think he's better than JO.

A W is W, now lets move forward. But we have to do something about our perimeter defense.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Good Win! This would have been a heartbreaker if we had lost.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hey, a win is always better than a loss. But this was a big one.

Here's why:

1) If they lose this, they go into a tailspin.
    2) Michael Redd gave us his best shot and we came out with the W

So now Tins and Quis, get showered up and get your butts on over to the jail. They can even walk if they want to.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The thing I don't get is that the basis for your hatred of Mike Dunleavy is based off of what people on here say. What does that have to do with Mike himself?

I feel like Mike has played hard since he got here, and done some things well. I do feel like he's a better fit for this team then Jack or Al, and this team is improved after that trade. Speaking of going in to their shell, Jermaine is one of the worst clutch players in late second situations ever for a franchise player. I love Jermaine, and he had a good game tonight for the most part, but my god... at the end of regulation I knew Jermaine was going to force something, and it wasn't going to be close. I at least thought it might hit rim, but he proved me wrong again.

Anyways, this game should have been over loooong, long ago. I didn't even realize they had gotten it that close, and thought this game was a done deal untill Bell hit that three. That was crazy.

What was really pathetic was how difficult Ruben Patterson made it for us to get the ball to Jermaine after their entire front line fouled out.

Anyways, that's enough moaning and complaining, we won, and we're 5 games above 500. That's all that matters, now let's go get win #30 in Toronto. Big game coming up on Friday.

Also Marquis Daniels is the 2nd best player on this team, bar none. This team needs so bad its not even funny. Also another reason why Rick Carlisle is such a horrible coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Aw Heck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree that some people on here overrate Mike Dunleavy a bit. But no one, NO ONE, is saying he is a god. And no one is saying he is better than JO.

JO and Marquis took more shots than Dunleavy did tonight. Tinsley took as many shots as Dunleavy did. A good portion of Dunleavy's shots came on fast breaks. Dunleavy barely played in the 4th and didn't come back in until Granger fouled out in the 2nd overtime. And for good reason, since Dunleavy isn't a good defender. So I really can't see why you complain about JO not getting enough touches.

You don't score 29 points by barely touching the ball. JO got plenty of touches and you know it.

Just because some people on this board like a certain player does not mean that they think he's better than JO.
    He took 14 shots because he didnt play almost half the 4th and until Danny fouled out with a minute left in the 2nd OT, but if he was playing I'm damn sure that he would have lifted a few more of those shots.

And I never said people think he is better then JO, but they sure treat him like he is.

Quote Originally Posted by flakcatcher View Post
    You know you begged the question man, so I'll take the bait and ask it: What is it that "people on here" like? Do elaborate.
    I dont know nothing. I have no idea what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Good Win! This would have been a heartbreaker if we had lost.
    I agree! When you look at the schedule, we have a good and improving Raps team @ Toronto. An inconsistent Sacto team at home on ESPN on Sunday (We're 0-2 nationally so far). And then a home & away with the Suns!

So yeah tonight was a much needed win!

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    The thing I don't get is that the basis for your hatred of Mike Dunleavy is based off of what people on here say. What does that have to do with Mike himself?
    I dont know what it has to do with him, but I usually hate players that people who hate Jermaine love. Its just simple like that. I got to equal the scale, Jermaine gets so much hate, that someone has to hate the other players and thats me.

Go ahead say that I'm unreasonable for doing it, I will just say that the people who hate Jermaine are just as unreasonable as I'm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Dude View Post
    He took 14 shots because he didnt play almost half the 4th and until Danny fouled out with a minute left in the 2nd OT, but if he was playing I'm damn sure that he would have lifted a few more of those shots.
    For all the bad shots Dunleavy took, he still managed to shoot 50% (7-14). Why aren't you complaining about Tinsley, when he took the same amount of shots and shot 4-14?

So you're saying it was a good idea that Dunleavy didn't play most of the 4th and overtime? I agree. And you're saying that JO and Marquis are the best players on the team, right? And that they should take the most shots? I agree, and they did. Who makes those types of decisions? Is it....Rick Carlisle?

Ouch, this is getting ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    I agree! When you look at the schedule, we have a good and improving Raps team @ Toronto. An inconsistent Sacto team at home on ESPN on Sunday (We're 0-2 nationally so far). And then a home & away with the Suns!

So yeah tonight was a much needed win!
    I sure hope we can beat the SUNS at least one of those games!

I dont know what it has to do with him, but I usually hate players that people who hate Jermaine love. Its just simple like that. I got to equal the scale, Jermaine gets so much hate, that someone has to hate the other players and thats me.

Go ahead say that I'm unreasonable for doing it, I will just say that the people who hate Jermaine are just as unreasonable as I'm.

JO is my favorite Pacer, for obvious reasons, but I'm still a big Dunleavy fan..... which shows my love for the Pacers b/c I hate DUKE!!

Quote Originally Posted by odeez View Post
    I sure hope we can beat the SUNS at least one of those games!
    Yeah no kidding... they're playing really well with Nash back.. but here's to hoping!

By the way, Michael Redd is still good. If he was healthy enough to play, he should have been an all-star, he did plenty enough before he was injured!

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    Yeah no kidding... they're playing really well with Nash back.. but here's to hoping!
    true!:thepacers

Also Marquis Daniels is the 2nd best player on this team, bar none. This team needs so bad its not even funny. Also another reason why Rick Carlisle is such a horrible coach.
    I don't understand - Rick is a horrible coach because Marquis is the second best player on the team.

Confused

Once again the Pacers try their best to give a game away and prove that a "final possession" player is still needed. The end of regulation was typical Pacers.

JO, and bigs in general, aren't ideal for the role because the whistles are swallowed and their are more bodies than normal in the lane. I would have liked to seen Daniels get to try the Tinsley clearout play. At least Daniels is getting big minutes and showing the player that many of us were talking about during the summer

Offensively we played well. 136 points normally takes us 6 or 7 quarters. I wasn't around when he played tonight, but Baston contributed again whe called upon. I love when bench players can still produce despite having no idea when the're going to play. True professional.

One other positive: We're 5-0 at home vs. division teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I don't understand - Rick is a horrible coach because Marquis is the second best player on the team.

Confused
    He is just frustrated, not sure why, we won the game!

I dont know nothing. I have no idea what it is.
    How diplomatic of you Jerm. You should consider a career in politics.

That was the most mentally exhausting game of the season, imo. There were so many opportunities for the Pacers to just close it out but they couldn't do it.

I had no idea Marquis was so good at getting to the rim. We've seen it for over 10 games, but I can't emphasize it enough. I bet he would be just as effective against a double team because of the way he moves. I'd like to see him in the starting lineup.