Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will you Miss JO?

Default Will you Miss JO?

that's the question...will you miss Jermaine O'neal when he's gone from this team?
    my gut feeling is that we will WISH we still had him once we trade him and are cellar dwellers for a few years.
    Least the colts are good *Shrugs*
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Gotta Play Big

Default Re: Will you Miss JO?

I will miss him more than Stephen Jackson and Ron Artest regardless....but that's not saying anything at all.

Actually, I will miss him ONLY if we make a bone head trade. If we can get equal value back in the form of a young proven talent and a pick and filler...yes, I would be very pleased.

In any event, it is a huge risk to trade him based on this management team's record of late...so it's a pretty scary thought because we could become the Atlanta Hawks very easily.

...but the real risk is that he will walk. That is too much of a risk to take based on his own words. With that said, we need to move him over the summer, preferably in a trade for a proven young talent and a pick in the '07 draft.

1..2..3.. lil old blue sportsmusicxboxpacer's Avatar

TRADE FOR BEN GORDON AND 2007 1 ST PICK AND FILLLER
    IF YOU A PACER FAN DONT BASH TO THE PACERS..!!!!!

Yes, Without Jermaine this team ain't watchable!!! This guy is my favorite player so I will support him wherever he goes. . .Especially if we can get him here in Toronto

I'll support him wherever he goes as well...just sad it can't be done here
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

I'll miss JO.I think the guys a star,He plays hard,he's improved his game where hes now a force on both ends of the court.I think he gets unfairly labeled as somebody who can't carry a team.Seriously I don't think Jordan in his prime could carry the team we currently have. There are alot of problems on this team but JO isn't one of them.It's ashame that he's probably gone at the end of the year.

I still doubt JO will just walk away, no matter how bad this team gets. If the Pacers opt to trade him away, he will command a couple of pretty good players in return. Maybe even some players that would help put this team back into contention.

I'd miss JO, but I wouldn't be too dissapointed if we could get some young players and/or draft picks in return.

I'd miss JO of course, but I'd be happy for him and for the Pacers if they can get a solid deal for him that puts him in a situation where he has a chance to win.

So I wouldn't be at all upset if they traded him. In fact, if the options this offseason are:

A.) Trade JO,
    B.) Acquire more mediocre spare parts, or
    C.) Do Nothing

I'd prefer to see A.

I have to wonder just how much people are thinking this through... if JO leaves, chances are we won't get a single player back that's his level of talent. If we don't, then we lose our one "star" this team has, and you can basically kiss the team goodbye for the next few years. No one in the nation will care about the Pacers anymore because we have no recognizable players, more casual Pacer fans will stop going to games and caring about the team because, once again, no star... Even if we get a halfway decent smaller player (which a lot of people seem to be pushing for), we'll have a VERY tough time finding another good big man.

Oh, and I just have to say... JO for Ben Gordon and a 2007 1st? Was that a serious suggestion? This would be the quickest way to ensure we were lottery bound for the next 5 years... Unless we got a top 2 pick, and there's no way anyone is trading that high of a pick.

I'll absolutely miss him. But I won't miss everything.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsmusicxboxpacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    TRADE FOR BEN GORDON AND 2007 1 ST PICK AND FILLLER
    Word! To see Ben Gordon in a Pacer uniform would complete my life...

How much difference is there in cellar dwellers and 1st round exits and .500 ball?

Which one is most likely stuck in a rut?

Well, it depends on management I suppose but if management doesn't want to risk the playoffs at any cost then it is really a crap shoot getting over that hump when you're always picking in the middle of the draft.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    How much difference is there in cellar dwellers and 1st round exits and .500 ball?

Well, it depends on management I suppose but if management doesn't want to risk the playoffs at any cost then it is really a crap shoot getting over that hump when you're always picking in the middle of the draft.

-Bball
    Very good point, you read my mind on that one.
    Now I would differentiate that mindset from the one of we need to tank the season at all cost in hopes of a lottery pick will save this team. Sinking into the lottery a few years does automatically guarantee you anything , but then again neither does just making the playoffs.

I'd rather not miss the playoffs if we can avoid it but, as far as the end result if you're not making any headway year after year in the playoffs, then something more drastic has to be done. Lukewarm is never the place to be in sports or in life.

Why Not Us ?

I won't miss him as long as the Pacers are still a decent team. I have no attachment to JO as a player, my attachment is to the team. If trading JO means a couple years in the lottery, I'll miss him.

On another note, I don't know why everybody wants Gordon. I'd much rather have Hinrich.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Of course I'll miss JO. talent like his comes to a team only so often.

Moments I won't miss: watching the game in person vs the Clippers, JO goes for a shot early in the 1st quarter. he gets knocked to the ground. Clips get the rebound and run to the other end. Instead of getting up, JO lays there and looks at the ref and YAP YAP YAP YAP. At this point, he could have been back helping his team. Clips score an easy two before JO even stands up.

Clippers fan behind me: "Nice Runback. Hahahaha. That guy doesn't care about his team, he just cares about how the refs treat HIM. What a whiny p****."

Me:
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post

-Bball
    There seems to be some idea around here that all young teams at the bottom of the standings are "rebuilding." Well, there are teams like the Celtics and Hawks that are at the bottom and going nowhere.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post
    On another note, I don't know why everybody wants Gordon. I'd much rather have Hinrich.
    Same here!
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

I will miss JO AND Jamaal once they are gone this summer but I'll especially miss the JO fans, you know the ones that have proclared him GOD and think the rest of the team stinks!
    Maceo Baston's #1 fan on Pacers Digest!

Banned

Among Indiana fans JO is extremely overrated. Around the league fans and especially other teams have a much lower opinion of him, which is why I don't think he'll be coveted as much as he think he will be. I envision him winding up his career tagging along with a real good team as a backup center, or a PF alongside a good center (Houston?), where he can get a ring on the coattails of a better player, (like Clyde Drexler did, or Malone tried to do in LA).

JO is in the driver's seat no matter what. If the Ps try to trade him he'll have the last say. I could see him cooperating if the Pacers try to deal with say LA, but if you're talking a team like Memphis I suspect he'd rather opt out.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post
    Yea, Hinrich would fit much better with the Pacers.. thats the kindoff PG Pacers need! But on the other hand, Ben Gordon is a consistant scorer, tremendous shooter, clutch player, something the Pacers have ZERO off aswell... but PG is what the Pacers need ASAP!

One thing is for sure, JO is gonna miss us.

No other group of people on the planet, let alone basketball team is gonna kiss his *** as much as the Pacers have.

I hope he stays and suffers through this with all of us, he owes this team that much... 100 million contract after sitting on the bench for years... Them making every personel decision based on what JO wanted... He finally has his team full of decent role players that he has always wanted so he can be THE MAN!!!! Let's see it JO.

Frankly Burtrem, it is unlikely JO is going anywhere. Who can swallow his
    massive contract in trade number one and number two I find it very hard to believe he will opt out. NO ONE is going to pay him similar numbers.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by #31 View Post
    Yea, Hinrich would fit much better with the Pacers.. thats the kindoff PG Pacers need! But on the other hand, Ben Gordon is a consistant scorer, tremendous shooter, clutch player, something the Pacers have ZERO off aswell... but PG is what the Pacers need ASAP!

For some reason, the Bulls are willing to trade Gordon but consider Hinrich untouchable.