Thread: Some Colts make trouble.... Rhodes DUI

Default Some Colts make trouble.... Rhodes DUI

Rhodes got a DUI on I-65

Dallas Clark got thrown out of a HS basketball game in Iowa for yelling at an official. (this one is pretty much nothing, obviously Rhodes' DUI is more serious)

I'll try and get links.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Default Re: Some Colts make trouble....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
    INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Indianapolis Colts running back Dominic Rhodes faces a drunken driving charge after state troopers arrested him Tuesday.

Rhodes, 28, was pulled over about 3 a.m. driving a GMC truck 81 mph in a 55-mph zone on Interstate 65 in Indianapolis' far northwest side, Indiana State Police spokesman 1st Sgt. Dave Bursten said.

"It was a normal, run-of-the-mill drunk driving arrest," Bursten said.

Rhodes was cooperative with the state troopers who arrested him, police said. He was being held at the Marion County arrestee processing center Tuesday morning.

Colts spokesman Craig Kelley said the team did not have any immediate comment on the arrest.

Rhodes' attorney Jim Voyles, who was at the processing center, said he did not know where Rhodes was before the arrest and did not have a chance to see him. He said Rhodes would likely be released on his own recognizance after an initial hearing.

Rhodes, who became a free agent after the season, delivered an MVP-like performance in the Super Bowl, rushing for more than 100 yards in the win over Chicago. Afterward, he was featured in a Disney World television commercial with coach Tony Dungy.

Rhodes has been in trouble with the law before. Following a 2002 domestic disturbance at his home, Rhodes pleaded innocent in Marion Superior Court to misdemeanor charges of battery and domestic battery. Latrina Moore, who lived with Rhodes at the time and is the mother of a child with Rhodes, said Rhodes hit her and shoved her to the floor after she confronted him about other women calling their home, prosecutors said at the time.

Under an agreement with prosecutors in that case, Rhodes was charged with domestic battery but avoided prosecution. Instead, Rhodes was placed in a diversionary program and underwent mental health counseling.

The Associated Press left a message Tuesday seeking comment from Rhodes' agent Michael McCartney.

Rhodes started all 16 regular-season games in 2006, rushing for 641 yards and 5 touchdowns. He was Edgerrin James' backup since 2001 and had a chance to become the Colts featured back in 2006 but instead shared the job with rookie Joseph Addai.

The six-year veteran has 2,274 yards rushing in his career.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Indianapolis Colts tight end Dallas Clark was ejected from a girls' high school basketball game Saturday in Burnside, Iowa, apparently for something he said to an official.

The incident occurred in a state playoff game between Clark's alma mater, Twin River Valley, and host Southeast Webster-Grand. Dan Grandfield, principal of Southeast Webster-Grand, said Clark was signing autographs and taking pictures with fans before he moved to a seat near court level. Grandfield said he thinks it was after the third quarter that an official, Rich Collison, directed him to eject Clark from the building.
    "(Clark) said something like, 'Your partners stink,' so Mr. Collison said, 'I want him out of here,'" Grandfield said. "Nobody even noticed. He was sitting by the gym door.

"I don't know if he said something before that. Dallas gets into the game. He supports his school. It was a good game, a heated game. But we have fans who say a lot worse things than that."

Southeast Webster-Grand won 65-52.

Clark, 27, who lives in Iowa City, did not immediately return a message left on his cell phone.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...D=200770220042

------

-John Wooden

Why Not Us ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Indianapolis Colts tight end Dallas Clark was ejected from a girls' high school basketball game Saturday in Burnside, Iowa, apparently for something he said to an official.

The incident occurred in a state playoff game between Clark's alma mater, Twin River Valley, and host Southeast Webster-Grand. Dan Grandfield, principal of Southeast Webster-Grand, said Clark was signing autographs and taking pictures with fans before he moved to a seat near court level. Grandfield said he thinks it was after the third quarter that an official, Rich Collison, directed him to eject Clark from the building.
    "(Clark) said something like, 'Your partners stink,' so Mr. Collison said, 'I want him out of here,'" Grandfield said. "Nobody even noticed. He was sitting by the gym door.

"I don't know if he said something before that. Dallas gets into the game. He supports his school. It was a good game, a heated game. But we have fans who say a lot worse things than that."

Southeast Webster-Grand won 65-52.

Clark, 27, who lives in Iowa City, did not immediately return a message left on his cell phone.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...D=200770220042
    I hope what Bball has posted satisfies the conspiracy theories.

Almost forgot....Did they forget to post where Dallas pulled out a gun in the parking lot and shot it in the air a few times? Maybe they forgot to tell us how he threw a punch at the ref and asked him "do you know who the @$@$ I am?
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Some Colts make trouble.... Rhodes DUI

It's time to blow it up.

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Dallas Clark is obviously evil. How dare he tell an official they're not meeting his high standards of excellence.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Oops... I forgot about this side forum. Did the Colts really need a side forum? Isn't EVERYTHING off the field until training camp?

-Bball

------

-John Wooden