Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 35 of 35

Thread: Okay, I'm ready to hear some people say "we were wrong about the Colts"

  1. #26
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,613

    Default Re: Okay, I'm ready to hear some people say "we were wrong about the Colts"

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You need to step back and cool down, Seth. You're taking the Sjax trade a little too hard. You've been on a rant defending mostly the indefensible ever since that moment.

    -Bball
    I'm not even talking about Jackson at this point. I'm talking about knee-jerk childish reactions to the "outrageous" behavior of the Pacers which is bland by most standards.

    I also forgot to note that you were quick to say "I don't care what other teams do..." even though I noted the Detlef fight, along with Dale and Tony being in several scraps.

    Did you ever say "Reggie doesn't represent my city" or "what a punk" after he bowed after his would-be game winner, or after the Gold Club story broke, or after he and Jordan got in a fight, or when he every trip down the court yapping with Spike Lee between plays ....

    I could be wrong, but I strongly suspect the answer is no. So Reggie at a strip club late at night, one that apparently delved into prostitution level interaction, that was okay. But after the Rio I have to hear "and what were they even doing at a strip club" or "what were they doing out that late during camp".

    You know, because Reggie was never seen out at bars during the season, even the night before a game.


    When did Dale throttling an opposing player go from "fighting for his team" to "thugging out" when it's someone like Jack popping some fan that thought a point blank beer in the face was a way to calm things down.

    If that beer was in Reggie's face and Dale had drilled the guy, Pacers fans would have supported Dale down the line.


    This view of the team has taken on a life of it's own, the history books on previous PACER PLAYERS has been wiped clean (the Colts too), and now if Tins gets a parking ticket it will be worth a mention as the 11 pm leader.


    You guys simply aren't holding the old Pacers to the same standards as the Jack/Tins/JO versions. Let alone to the NBA standards.



    Now, if a video surfaces or some realible witnesses (not the manager's buddies) can verify that Tins ruthlessly attacked this guy in an unprovoked manner (meaning bumped into only, etc) to the point that part of his ear was torn off, then I will in fact be upset with Tinsley as an Indy citizen and would like to see him removed from the team ASAP.

    Of course he will be convicted if that is the case and the rest will take care of itself I would think.

  2. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,170

    Default Re: Okay, I'm ready to hear some people say "we were wrong about the Colts"

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you ever say "Reggie doesn't represent my city" or "what a punk" after he bowed after his would-be game winner, or after the Gold Club story broke, or after he and Jordan got in a fight, or when he every trip down the court yapping with Spike Lee between plays ....

    I could be wrong, but I strongly suspect the answer is no.
    Sorry Seth but yes you are wrong. In the old days before PD and back when the Star WAS the site to be I do remember Bball not liking the choke signs, crotch grabbing, the Jackson jiggle and other assorted look cockey gestures. Actually the majority was not happy at all with the boorish behavior.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  3. #28
    Inspiration Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    42,723

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Okay, I'm ready to hear some people say "we were wrong about the Colts"

    Why are so many Pacers fans jealous of the Colts?

    The Pacers had their window, and they didn't get it done.

    The Colts had their window, and they did get it done.

    The Colts winning the championship is nothing but good news for Indy residents.

    Yeesh.
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

  4. #29
    Inspiration Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    42,723

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Okay, I'm ready to hear some people say "we were wrong about the Colts"

    Multiple choice quiz time. Put your books away, kiddies:

    Which are the two the least worrisome incidents?


    a. Inciting a riot during a sporting event and getting into fisticuffs with fans
    b. Beating a cripple and firing a handgun in the air
    c. Theatening to kill someone and breaking his jaw/severing his earlobe
    d. Driving 26 miles over the speed limit on the interstate after having 2-3 beers
    e. Getting kicked out of a high school girls' basketball game for arguing with a referee
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

  5. #30
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    19,944

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Okay, I'm ready to hear some people say "we were wrong about the Colts"

    It's more than 2-3 beers, especially considering his weight.

    Unless you think he drank them in 20mins or less.

  6. #31

    Default Re: Okay, I'm ready to hear some people say "we were wrong about the Colts"

    These guys are guilty in the court of public opinion if it is true that paying customers are staying away because of these incidents. People do not have two sets of values, one for themselves and one for professional athletes. Tinsley will be seen as the common thread of mischief and will be gone as soon as possible. Daniels will be given another chance but I don't have much hope that he will keep out of trouble.

  7. #32
    Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,463

    Default Re: Okay, I'm ready to hear some people say "we were wrong about the Colts"

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This isn't that hard to figure out.

    The major faces of the Colts as a whole are viewed as being squeaky clean, and all class. The major faces of the Pacers aren't.

    Who pops into mind when you think of the Colts? Manning, Harrison, Dungy, all viewed as being class.

    O'Neal, Jax, and Artest were 3 starters for the Pacers at the time of the brawl. Faces that everyone knew and were familiar with. Tinsley: another starter who is easily recognizable to fans.

    Dominic Rhodes: Definitely a vital player to the Super Bowl Run, and a guy who has been here for 6 years, but certainly not a guy who immediately pops into peoples minds when they hear "Indianapolis Colts"

    O'Neal and Artest, players who were both allstars and arguably the 2 best players at the time of the brawl were major faces. Jax and Tinsley are major faces. All of these guys are starters. When the most recognizable players of a team get in trouble, it taints the franchise.

    The Colts main faces are still viewed as clean and classy. Dungy, Manning, Harrison: all untainted. Those are without a doubt the 3 biggest faces of the franchise.

    That's the difference in how the teams are viewed. The big faces of the Pacers are the ones who have been involved in incidents. The major faces of the Colts haven't. Rhodes is obviously an important player, but certainly isn't the first guy to pop in someones head when they think of the Colts.

    Whether Rhodes stays or go is of little difference to how the Colts are viewed by people as far as class/etc. He isn't an integral face to the team in the manner of how O'Neal, Jax, Artest, Tins are/were.
    I didn't see anyone make a mad dash to refute this post. IOW, you got it right.

    There has always been enough class (Dungy, Peyton, Harrison, etc.) on the Colts to offset any problems.

    In contrast, the Pacers have Larry Bird and RC who said they didn't want milk drinkers on the team....and ALL of the most talented veteran players (Artest, JO, Tinsley, Daniels, Jackson) being immature punks involved in criminal activity. They were right. No milk drinkers there!

    ...and the fact people try to compare the organizations is simply un-freakin-believable!

  8. #33
    Member Swingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    724

    Default Re: Okay, I'm ready to hear some people say "we were wrong about the Colts"

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Colts = class and no problems, Pacers = problem children


    Um, yeah.
    DUI + 26 mph over the limit for Rhodes
    http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...RTS03/70220020


    And Dallas Clark got himself kicked out of a GIRLS HIGH SCHOOL basketball game just to spice things up.
    http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pb...00413/-1/ENT06



    Wow, it's so tough rooting for those Colts thugs. Personally I won't return to the dome till they cut both of these bad seeds. At least when Jack or Tins argued with a basketball ref they were actually playing...and it wasn't girls high school.

    I hope Irsay does the right thing and cleans house. These 2 and Mike Doss all must go, I've had enough of the outrageous, thuggish behavior. I would rather the Colts play the "right way" than win SuperBowls at any cost.


    (end of bitter sarcasm)

    Seriously, there are some voices here at PD that have some explaining to do right about now. Lots of big talk that at least of few of us correctly called BS on.
    I'm a Pacers fan and Colts fan but you're stretching. Pacers have had many more incidents recently than the Colts.

    How many players do the Colts have on their roster?

    How many players do the Pacers have their roster?

    Who should have more incidents?

  9. #34
    Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,086

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Okay, I'm ready to hear some people say "we were wrong about the Colts"

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's more than 2-3 beers, especially considering his weight.

    Unless you think he drank them in 20mins or less.
    So which one of these does that make his offense worse than?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...

    a. Inciting a riot during a sporting event and getting into fisticuffs with fans
    b. Beating a cripple and firing a handgun in the air
    c. Theatening to kill someone and breaking his jaw/severing his earlobe
    ...
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

  10. #35
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    19,944

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Okay, I'm ready to hear some people say "we were wrong about the Colts"

    Personally, I would say A and B.

    Although I don't condone any of them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •