Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 60

Thread: Dominic Rhodes Under Arrest

  1. #1
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,580

    Default Dominic Rhodes Under Arrest

    don't know what happened but the Fox news just dropped whatever story they were covering and said "breaking news just now coming in Colts running back dominic rhodes under arrest, we'll have more on that story as it develops."

    what is it with the pacers and colts not able to stay out of trouble? Is it the city?

    At any rate


    EDIT: They said he was doing 81 in a 55...oh well at least he didn't get in a fight. They also said he either refused a breathalyzer test or was above the legal limit....doh

    http://www.theindychannel.com/sports...19/detail.html

  2. #2
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,701

    Default Re: Dominic Rhodes Under Arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    don't know what happened but the Fox news just dropped whatever story they were covering and said "breaking news just now coming in Colts running back dominic rhodes under arrest, we'll have more on that story as it develops."

    what is it with the pacers and colts not able to stay out of trouble? Is it the city?

    At any rate


    EDIT: They said he was doing 81 in a 55...oh well at least he didn't get in a fight. They also said he either refused a breathalyzer test or was above the legal limit....doh
    I am not so sure what I prefer, but I think that I prefer to have him in a fight in a bar, with some black eyes, bruised ribs, at least the chances of him killing someone are a lot more restricted then doing 81 where 55 is allowed and while under the influence.

    But it will end up being a blip on the news, certainly they will be saved by some "news" alleging that the Grand Jury thinks Tinsley should at least be heard before or something like that.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  3. #3
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,701

    Default Re: Dominic Rhodes Under Arrest

    Colts Running Back Dominic Rhodes Arrested for Drunk Driving

    Feb 20, 2007 12:33 PM

    INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana State Police arrested Colts running back Dominic Rhodes for drunk driving this morning.

    Police say Rhodes was driving 81 miles per hour in a 55 mile per hour zone on northbound Interstate 65 in Indianapolis about 3:00 this morning.

    State police spokesman Sergeant Dave Bursten describes it as "a normal run of the mill drunk driving arrest."

    Colts officials could not immediately be reached for comment.

    Rhodes rushed for more than 100 yards in the Super Bowl win over Chicago.

    He is currently a free agent.

    (Copyright 2007 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
    http://www.wishtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6111640
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  4. #4
    Member RWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,335

    Default Re: Dominic Rhodes Under Arrest

    Smart move there Nick strike one, but at least...... Bursten said the trooper thought Rhodes might be intoxicated and that he was cooperative through the entire ordeal.

    http://www.theindychannel.com/sports...19/detail.html
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  5. #5
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,701

    Default Re: Dominic Rhodes Under Arrest

    RWB, am I really living in a different world where I "judge" harsher on speeding while DUI then on "fistycuffs" in a bar?

    I just wonder.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  6. #6
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,701

    Default Re: Dominic Rhodes Under Arrest

    What I find most upsettind is the "different" behaviour of The Star.

    1: not a headline but a byline,
    2: no mention of the speeding
    3: forgiving tone onf.i. wishtv.com

    Quite a difference from the way Tinsley and Daniels were massacred upon allegations, (of similar allegations Cassel and co were just cleared) makes you wonder, well it makes me wonder that is.

    (The Star article)
    Colts' Dominic Rhodes arrested

    Indianapolis Colts running back Dominic Rhodes was arrested early this morning on a charge of driving while intoxicated, police said.

    Rhodes is in the Arrestee Processing Center, Metropolitan Police Lt. Doug Scheffel said.
    He was arrested by Indiana State Police Rhodes early today.

    Records show he faces initial charges of misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated.

    http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...RTS03/70220020
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  7. #7
    Member RWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,335

    Default Re: Dominic Rhodes Under Arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    RWB, am I really living in a different world where I "judge" harsher on speeding while DUI then on "fistycuffs" in a bar?

    I just wonder.
    No not at all. A speeding vehicle being driven by someone without all their faculties is not a good thing. The ONLY good thing from this is Dominic's cooperation. Waiting to see if he was actually over the limit, but I suspect if he was close enough in the field usually when you test an hour later you reach the magic number.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  8. #8
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,843

    Default Re: Dominic Rhodes Under Arrest

    This story has to be false. Everyone knows all the Colts players are perfect in fact the police officer must have mistakenly identified rhodes when in fact it was Tinsley. Afterall the Pacers players are thugs who would be in prison if they couldn't play basketball.

    I can't wait to hear all the Indianapolis sports fans tell us how they will never go to another Colts game as long as Rhodes is on the team.

    And I'm sure Kravitz will blame Polian and Dungy for this. We'll read that tomorrow for sure

  9. #9
    Member RWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,335

    Default Re: Dominic Rhodes Under Arrest

    I understand your point Able, but I do believe if Rhodes had been involved in an accident or hurt someone then you would have seen a headline.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  10. #10
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: Dominic Rhodes Under Arrest

    If you're a non or semi-Colt fan then I can probably see your jealousy or frustration with the handing of Colts players.

    But you're rep always proceeds you. So if you build up enough good rep it takes awhile to bring it down and vice versa (Fair or not). The Pacers have not always been the red headed step child in this city.For along time it was the Colts.

    I don't feel sorry for any Pro Player that puts themselves in a compromising position. The Media may sensationalize a story for their own benefit, but they usually can't fabricate one.

    Why Not Us ?


  11. #11
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,701

    Default Re: Dominic Rhodes Under Arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Slade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you're a non or semi-Colt fan then I can probably see your jealousy or frustration with the handing of Colts players.

    But you're rep always proceeds you. So if you build up enough good rep it takes awhile to bring it down and vice versa (Fair or not). The Pacers have not always been the red headed step child in this city.For along time it was the Colts.

    I don't feel sorry for any Pro Player that puts themselves in a compromising position. The Media may sensationalize a story for their own benefit, but they usually can't fabricate one.
    I don't consider myself non or semi colt fan, of course I live to far away to attend home games, but I still pay $ 30 a week to watch the games on the net. (those that are not on telly here)

    I can see where you are coming from, but.......

    There are quite a few more "happenings" with (NFL) players in the past and they all have a tendency to "dissapear" over a short time.

    It has nothing to do with jealousy, just genuinly wondering how the heck there can be such a difference in "news" and "judgement" between two teams representing the same city in that same city.

    And mostly wondering where society is going to or has gone to if a potentially much more dangerous thing gets swept away as if it was a citation.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  12. #12
    Never Give Up aero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,343
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dominic Rhodes Under Arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This story has to be false. Everyone knows all the Colts players are perfect in fact the police officer must have mistakenly identified rhodes when in fact it was Tinsley. Afterall the Pacers players are thugs who would be in prison if they couldn't play basketball.

    I can't wait to hear all the Indianapolis sports fans tell us how they will never go to another Colts game as long as Rhodes is on the team.

    And I'm sure Kravitz will blame Polian and Dungy for this. We'll read that tomorrow for sure
    Well he is a free agent so in all likelihood he could very well not be on the team next year so those who boycott the Colts would come back...but yes i see what you are saying. Lets see how people react when the shoe is on the other foot.
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

  13. #13
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: Dominic Rhodes Under Arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't consider myself non or semi colt fan, of course I live to far away to attend home games, but I still pay $ 30 a week to watch the games on the net. (those that are not on telly here)

    I can see where you are coming from, but.......

    There are quite a few more "happenings" with (NFL) players in the past and they all have a tendency to "dissapear" over a short time.

    It has nothing to do with jealousy, just genuinly wondering how the heck there can be such a difference in "news" and "judgement" between two teams representing the same city in that same city.

    And mostly wondering where society is going to or has gone to if a potentially much more dangerous thing gets swept away as if it was a citation.
    I agree with some of your sentiment. As far as non-Colts fan I was referring to some who may not really follow the Colts and wish their players would have thier feet held to the fire so to speak for whatever infraction and that the media here, which is notoriously "soft" compared to other markets would go easier on the Pacers.

    While there is less tolerancy right now for Pacer players misdeeds for obvisous reasons. I think if you look around the country for the most part the NBA is singled out unfairly when it comes to off court antics. Their definitley is a different set of standards when it comes to how their actions are reported, part of it has to do with the success of the NFL, guaranteed contracts for the NBA players and the perception that comes with that.

    So while part of the reason the Pacers are under a microcsope here is because of the past few years, I'm sure if a player is arrested on any NBA team for a certain offense it will usually make more headlines than MLB or NFL as a general rule.

    Why Not Us ?


  14. #14
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,260

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dominic Rhodes Under Arrest

    What, have I missed another event that involved Dom?

    Why in the world is this being compared to Tinsley, considering this last incident was his second this season, and this is Dom's first?

  15. #15
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,580

    Default Re: Dominic Rhodes Under Arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This story has to be false. Everyone knows all the Colts players are perfect in fact the police officer must have mistakenly identified rhodes when in fact it was Tinsley. Afterall the Pacers players are thugs who would be in prison if they couldn't play basketball.

    I can't wait to hear all the Indianapolis sports fans tell us how they will never go to another Colts game as long as Rhodes is on the team.

    And I'm sure Kravitz will blame Polian and Dungy for this. We'll read that tomorrow for sure
    I hear ya UB, it's a total double standard and it's not fair at all to the Pacers. I wouldn't be surprised if Kravitz starts blaming Global Warming on the Pacers quite honestly. I've learned to take anything he has to say about the Pacers with a HUGE grain of salt. Rhodes is arrested and it's just a passer-by statement but accusations about the pacers is frontline news for the next 2 weeks. Just goes to show ya what winning will do for you franchise, people are willing to overlook things like this, but if you're a struggling franchise they just LOVE to kick while you're down.

  16. #16
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: Dominic Rhodes Under Arrest

    By the way it's the top Front Page Story on Indystar.com right now.

    Why Not Us ?


  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Dominic Rhodes Under Arrest

    Don't worry Able - this will build. Before long Rhodes will be equated with a serial murderer.

    I'd say his chances of being re-signed with the Colts just took a hit. Then you add that to his arrest a couple of years ago.

    Bye Dom - figured you were gone anyway. Thanks for helping get the rings.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  18. #18

    Default Re: Dominic Rhodes Under Arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What, have I missed another event that involved Dom?

    Why in the world is this being compared to Tinsley, considering this last incident was his second this season, and this is Dom's first?

    from the Star article:

    This is Rhodes’ second arrest in Marion County.

    In March 2002, he was arrested on battery and domestic battery charges after police said he struck his live-in girlfriend, Latrina Moore, and pushed her to the ground. A deputy dispatched to Rhodes’ Indianapolis home observed a red mark on the left side of Moore’s face and a swollen lip, according to court records.

    In September of that year, Rhodes admitted to the crime and was placed in a diversion program.

  19. #19
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,701

    Default Re: Dominic Rhodes Under Arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What, have I missed another event that involved Dom?

    Why in the world is this being compared to Tinsley, considering this last incident was his second this season, and this is Dom's first?
    When was Tinsley arrested this year?

    Or is it "guilty by association"?

    Or is Jackson taking the "fall" for Tinsley?

    Not sure what you are saying here, outside that presence at a bar-fight is now worse then driving a car DUI 50% over the speed limit.

    What if he had hit one of your friends?
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  20. #20
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,302
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dominic Rhodes Under Arrest

    Here's another point that I don't hear mentioned very often, and I think it makes a HUGE difference between the way that incidents involving football players and basketball players are compared.

    When a football player does something stupid, he's one of 53 guys on the team. A basketball player is one of 14. Maybe it's not right, but it sure seems to water down the impact that the event has on the team. Maybe the incident is just as serious, but the consequences in terms of the team are certainly not. The only way this would affect the Colts on the same level as it would the Pacers would be if it were Peyton, Marvin, and Reggie shooting up Club Rio. Of course, given that there is not an established pattern of such behavior involving those three, we know that's not very likely to happen.

    With an incident like the Brawl, three starters get suspended for huge chunks of the season. Then, the following season, Artest shows his unlimited character by ****ting all over the franchise that stuck by him through his asinine behavior. Then you have the thing at Club Rio, 2 of your 5 starters (one of them being a key figure from the Brawl) and one of your key offseason acquisitons are involved. Then you have 8 Seconds, involving 2 of the same players from Club Rio. It's a pattern, it's ridiculous, it's embarrassing for the city, it's a series of events that goes all the way back to the Brawl, and something serious needs to be done to correct it.

    The Colts are nowhere near the low level the Pacers have acheived. In fact, I am starting to wonder where the bottom is for the Pacers. Every time I think the franchise has turned the corner, a new incident happens to remind me that they aren't even close to as low as they can go. Now when you can start to say the same things I have just said about the Pacers and apply them to the Colts, there might be an argument. But as it is, comparing the Pacers to the Colts in this case is simply ridiculous.

  21. #21
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,843

    Default Re: Dominic Rhodes Under Arrest

    Wait - I didn't know Rhodes was arrested before. I must have missed all the prior Kravitz articles about all of that. I must have missed the fan outrage.

    Travmill - if we can't compare the Pacers with the Colts - then I have no idea who we are supposed to compare the Pacers to. Would you suggest Eli Lilly.

    Tinsley hasn't been arrested once since he's been a member of the Pacers. Has he? (sure maybe he should for his horrible defense at times) - but I don't think he has been arrested)

    In fact I think it would be interesting to compare the criminal records of the Colts players vs. the Pacers players. Sure the Colts have 4X as many players - but some people might be shocked to learn that they also have 4X as many players with criminal records on the Colts roster. (disclaimer - I don't know if my last sentence is correct or not - but it would be interesting to see)

  22. #22
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,843

    Default Re: Dominic Rhodes Under Arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With an incident like the Brawl, three starters get suspended for huge chunks of the season. Then, the following season, Artest shows his unlimited character by ****ting all over the franchise that stuck by him through his asinine behavior. Then you have the thing at Club Rio, 2 of your 5 starters (one of them being a key figure from the Brawl) and one of your key offseason acquisitons are involved. Then you have 8 Seconds, involving 2 of the same players from Club Rio. It's a pattern, it's ridiculous, it's embarrassing for the city, it's a series of events that goes all the way back to the Brawl, and something serious needs to be done to correct it.
    So trading Jax and trading Artest isn't doing something serious.

    And you know what - as of right now the "8 seconds" thing is nothing. The only thing we know is they were there - And the Club Rio thing - Marquis and Jamaal didn't do anything did they?

  23. #23
    Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,664
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dominic Rhodes Under Arrest

    I would have thought that Dom would have been in bad at that hour, after saying his prayers and having his milk and cookies.

  24. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Dominic Rhodes Under Arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wait - I didn't know Rhodes was arrested before. I must have missed all the prior Kravitz articles about all of that. I must have missed the fan outrage.
    Must have - the Colts had 3 or 4 incidents right around that time. I don't remember all the details and they certainly didn't make the Sportscenter highlights by charging into stands but there were several - the highlight was when a player's wife died in a car accident and they found out he had been arrested for some sort of domestic abuse not long before that.

    Then there was another player the Colts actually traded for who'd had a history of domestic violence, some drug issues and ended up getting shot by (I think) his wife. There were a couple of others.

    I certainly remember some fan outrage and articles about it. A lot of shouting for the Colts to clean up their act. Don't know if it made it to the level enjoyed by the Pacers (or the Bengals now) but it was certainly there.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  25. #25
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,302
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Dominic Rhodes Under Arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Travmill - if we can't compare the Pacers with the Colts - then I have no idea who we are supposed to compare the Pacers to. Would you suggest Eli Lilly.
    I'm not defending what Dominic did. I'm merely stating the fact that the Colts have a long way to fall before they can be compared to the Pacers, which is true. Arguing otherwise isn't exactly the strongest position to take given the enormous amount of evidence stating the opposite. You can point to Tinsley's lack of an arrest record all you want while ignoring the fact that he's been at the center or involved in three incidents that brought monumental embarrassment to this city and the sports fans who live here. It's not going to change the fact that the Pacers have dug their own hole, and the Colts simply have not followed them into it.

    Besides, I'm not sure you want to compare the Pacers with Eli Lilly. Even with the Pacers tiny amount of employees, I would wager they'd compare far less favorably to Lilly's 40,000 than you'd like to believe.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •