View Poll Results: What do you think is most likely?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Pacers won't make a trade.

47 61.04%
  • The Pacers will make a Major trade. (rotation player)

2 2.60%
  • The Pacers will make a Minor trade. (Bench player)

12 15.58%
  • The Pacers will make a trade that includes Tinsley.

16 20.78%

Thread: Poll} Will the Pacers make a deadline trade?

Default Poll} Will the Pacers make a deadline trade?

The trade deadline is Thursday At 3 p.m. The Pacers have already made a lot of trades in the last year. The question is will they make another by the trade deadline Thursday?

I think there is about a 50-50 chance that they will trade Tinsley or Harrison.

Default Re: Poll} Will the Pacers make a deadline trade?

Hopefully they realize Tinsley is hurting the team and deal him to a team desperately looking for a veteran point guard ie the Lakers, Cavs, or Heat.

The Pacers will make a trade to the Clippers. It will involve Jamal Tinsley, Mike Dunleavy, and possibly another minor player. For Corey Maggette, Cutino Mobley, and possibly another minor player. I could see Mobley starting at point instead of Tinsley and you konw Dunleavy wants to play for his dad. It is a logical trade if they want to move Tinsley out. And i hope to god that he is out of Indy by Thursday! LETS PRAY FOR THAT!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I LOVE YOU REGGIE!

GO PACERS!

miller31

Quote Originally Posted by miller31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Pacers will make a trade to the Clippers. It will involve Jamal Tinsley, Mike Dunleavy, and possibly another minor player. For Corey Maggette, Cutino Mobley, and possibly another minor player. I could see Mobley starting at point instead of Tinsley and you konw Dunleavy wants to play for his dad. It is a logical trade if they want to move Tinsley out. And i hope to god that he is out of Indy by Thursday! LETS PRAY FOR THAT!
    Mobley, at PG?

I'm going to be sick.

-- Steve --

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Can't... Dunleavy can only be traded 1 for 1 right now...
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I doubt we'll be trading anyone.

But I can guarantee we'll be involed in plentiful rumors!
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

No trade....no PG is available who would be an upgrade to Tinsley at any reasonable price....would not surprise me to see an off season trade with Harrison involved.

I would love to see a trade that would get Tinsley out of a pacer uni, but I dont think that we are going to see that happen. I dont care for his off the court actions as of late, and his on the court is spotty. Great sometimes, horrible others. Better chance of him losing you the game than winning you the game.
    "I'm not looking for the best players, I'm looking for the right ones."

-Herb Brooks

I'm not expecting anything.

Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    Can't... Dunleavy can only be traded 1 for 1 right now...
    Technically you are correct but as long as the numbers work the Pacers can just make two separate but concurrent trades with the same team.

As for trades... my heart says "YES" but my head says "NO".

We've already made one substantial trade this season. We're looking like we should make the playoffs so that helps management maintain the status quo.

BUT... Fans are staying away. Tinsley has fallen even farther out of favor with the ticket buying public and casual fans.

JO has made some ripples questioning whether he and the Pacers would be better apart AND (should I mention this?) eight games into the season he balked at the new system.

Carlisle is being questioned again and there's still a lot of season to go.

---

In year's past, having the playoffs in our sights would be plenty to stand pat. This season, maybe that's not entirely enough and if the right deal would cross Walsh's desk MAYBE we'd bite. But how active they'd pursue that (from our end) is another question.

I say it's close to 90% we stand pat.... 10% someone makes us an offer we can't refuse.

I will say this: I think it's 100% JO gets moved sometime between now and next season. I think he signed his walking papers when he vociferously balked at the new system 8 games into the season.

If someone wants him and will pony up the right deal, I think TPTB would move him right now.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I will say this: I think it's 100% JO gets moved sometime between now and next season. I think he signed his walking papers when he vociferously balked at the new system 8 games into the season.

If someone wants him and will pony up the right deal, I think TPTB would move him right now.

-Bball
    I think we need to move him right now or this summer at the latest. Things are not going to dramatically improve on this team, and he knows it's not going to happen here in Indy with him as the top dog. Could you imagine if he walks to New York? He is obviously very close to I.T. and they have a ton of young talent on that roster. ...and obviously they would throw a ton of money at him.

I could really see this happening...and it would be a nightmare for us.

The Future Is Bright JB's Breakout Year's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post

-Bball
    If he were on the market, I certainly would expect plenty of teams would be putting together their best packages to bring JO their way. He's a perpetual All-Star who's worked hard every season to round out his game. He's an athletic big who can score, rebound, and block shots. Oh, and he happens to be in his prime. For a handful of teams, he's the difference-maker that makes them instant title contenders.

Maybe he does get traded, but Donnie and Larry just traded 2 starters to overhaul the team to maximize his talent. Your guess is as good as mine, but I would think that they'd try to continue to build around him, starting with a difference-maker at the 2.

When was the last time we made a deal at the deadline? The Jalen and Ron deal? I dont expect anything either.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

my gut says they wont be making anymore trades, but if there is one by the deadline it will be Tinsley. I'm thinking he will most likely be dealt over the summer if at all.
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

I'd be shocked if they traded Dunleavy to the Clippers simply because the dynamics of having a coach/father - player/son on the NBA level is a disaster waiting to happen. It's difficult in high school or college (I know from experience), but it would be awful to deal with at the NBA level. The way it is, Dunleavy Sr. and Carlisle are friends, and I'm sure that's close enough to suit them all.

Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    I think we need to move him right now or this summer at the latest. Things are not going to dramatically improve on this team, and he knows it's not going to happen here in Indy with him as the top dog. Could you imagine if he walks to New York? He is obviously very close to I.T. and they have a ton of young talent on that roster. ...and obviously they would throw a ton of money at him.

I could really see this happening...and it would be a nightmare for us.
    The Knicks cannot throw any money at anyone for a long time. They are so far over the cap it is not even funny. They would have to trade for him, and outside of the young players like Frye and Lee they have no one at all.

BTW, there will be no trades.

The second JO hits the market there will be at least 25 teams rolling over each other to get him, sans limit.

It is THAT simple.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

No.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Deal....? Or, No Deal?

I'm going to have to say, No Deal. Everyone on this board keeps coming up with their trade ideas, but I have not seen one that makes us better at point guard that is reallistic. I just don't see any point guards that are being shopped that are total package wise better then Tinsley. There are guys like Bibby and Ridnour that shoot better then Tinsley but their defense is just as terrible as the guy we have. That is not even mentioning contracts. Some have mentioned Chucky. That is not a bad idea as far as a back up goes, but if Chucky is starting.... That's enough to make me worry considering he has been in the league a while and I can't remember him being depended on to lead a team as its #1 PG.

I have my problems with Jamaal, but some of my biggest problems seemed to have been addressed by the coach. That is all I can ask for if there is no one better to receive in a trade.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    Deal....? Or, No Deal?

I'm going to have to say, No Deal. Everyone on this board keeps coming up with their trade ideas, but I have not seen one that makes us better at point guard that is reallistic. I just don't see any point guards that are being shopped that are total package wise better then Tinsley. There are guys like Bibby and Ridnour that shoot better then Tinsley but their defense is just as terrible as the guy we have. That is not even mentioning contracts. Some have mentioned Chucky. That is not a bad idea as far as a back up goes, but if Chucky is starting.... That's enough to make me worry considering he has been in the league a while and I can't remember him being depended on to lead a team as its #1 PG.

I have my problems with Jamaal, but some of my biggest problems seemed to have been addressed by the coach. That is all I can ask for if there is no one better to receive in a trade.

I understand where you're coming from, but none of us honestly know if a deal will make us better or not. We can all just assume and then see how things pan out. You look at our most recent trade, and at first sight a lot of people were wondering what the Pacers were thinking. Then you see the players play, and how they fit in, and you're like.... huh maybe we got the better end of this deal.

Trades just go a lot farther then who's the most talented player in the deal. That's what a lot of folks don't seem to understand.

First of all, I don't think the Pacers are better post trade. I think they've played 11 of 13 games since the trade at home.
    Secondly, Jordan Farmar and Smush Parker both make about $5 million less than Tinsley. The Lakers would have to package several players to make that trade work. Phil Jackson has never really used a traditional point guard. His offense doesn't need a point guard that dominates the ball. He's always had guys like Kobe and Jordan to do that.
    Thirdly, hasn't Ridnour won back the starting job in Seattle? Also if the Pacers make a trade for him this year the Sonics would have to add about $3 million in throw in salary. A Watson for Tinsley trade looks like it would work straight up but why would the Pacers want a guy who can't break the starting rotation on the second worst team in the West? And from this years stats misses 3/4 of his 3 point attempts and has a lower shooting % than Jamaal. While I'm looking at stats, Farmar's 1.87 ast/to ratio is far worse than Tinsley's 2.45.
    Lastly, the Pacers need to find some stability. This constant change is just as much a factor in low attendance as any of the other reasons. How many fans lost interest with Runi's departure? How many fans lost interest with Al's departure? How many fans lost interest with Crosh's departure? How many fans scratched their heads after AJ dropped 40 in the playoffs then got traded? What happened to Pacergurl now that Freddie is gone? Pollard didn't do much on the court but the fans liked him. As the resident Pacer fan in my circle of friends, I get to field this question all the time..."Who's that guy?". Ron Artest was a love 'em or hate 'em guy but at least people knew who he was. This constant turnover is alienating the fans. If you don't even know who's on the team why should you care. The worst thing this team could do from a PR perspective is trade away a guy like Foster, who's made a connection with the fans, let alone as a throw in to just get rid of a guy who's underpaid and overcriticized.

I voted no, but I think in the slim chance that a great deal came along TPTB would definately consider it. I think the biggest need is perimeter defense at the PG spot. There just isn't much available at PG that is going to be a significant upgrade over Tins.