Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luke Ridnour, he is being dealt

Default Luke Ridnour, he is being dealt

Supersonics are in LasVegas looking to deal him, and I know hear Atlanta wants him. But, i wouldnt put it past the Pacers to look as well.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Default Re: Luke Ridnour, he is being dealt

Make it so Donnie!

Link?

Making it so would be rather hard. Luke signed an extension last year so his contract makes him hard to trade to a team over the cap.

Only mention I found about it was this:

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports...-5685070c.html

Says Sonics want a 1st at bare minimum for Ridnour. Were I DW/LB and they told me that, I'd have to go on the inactive list due to cracking a rib from laughing so hard.

Sports Logo

Frakkin Hawks...if they give up the 1st round pick that we gave them....to get Ridnour....

I doubt that the Pacers will have a chance.....but as long as they try to make a run for Ridnour...I will be somewhat happy.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I tried a lot of trades on ESPN's trade checker, even some I know won't happen and none of them worked. The only way I see us trading for him is as part of a bigger package and I didn't see anything I really liked other than Ray Allen. There's Lewis, but we don't need him with Granger here.

I'm not saying we can't get him, I just don't see us getting him!

Maybe we can get Ridnour, send Tinsley to Atlanta (where he has his home apparently?) while Lue + Pacers 2007 #1 pick go to the Sonics.
    Maceo Baston's #1 fan on Pacers Digest!

I highly doubt the Hawks would be willing to give up a mid-to-high teens 1st and Tyron Lue for Jamaal Tinsley. We'd have to throw in at least David Harrison, if not Shawne Williams.

Ridnour isn't the answer. He might be a nice pickup - but that is all

He's extremely quick and has blossomed into a great shooter. He's also a solid distributor. Not a star, but a pretty decent young(ish, he's 26) point guard and a change of pace. A great defensive-minded coach like Rick Carlisle can make terrible defensive players look good - just look at what he did for Chauncey "El Matador" Billups and Rip "There's No D In Rip, I Wish I Went By My Real Name So PacersFan83 Couldn't Use This Outdated Insult on Me" Hamilton in Detroit.

Ridnour doesn't qualify for your defensive measurements (but Tinsley isn't either) but he's a flat out better shooter than Tinsley is, while his apg is on level with Jamaal.

I think most of us see him as an upgrade over Tinsley.

He got beat out by Earl Watson though.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would love to have Ridnour on this team. We should definitely make an offer for him.

I'm not trading Jeff Foster for him

Ridnour is dealt for a reason, pls leave him where he is
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Luke Ridnour may be dealt, but I'm not one to jump on the bandwagon to get him. If you look below, out of these three PGs, TINS being our current PG, Bibby is the guy we want. He is solid, he is averaging the same numbers this year as his career numbers. I remember someone saying he was old in another post, 28 isn't old and this guy has a ton of playoff experience, and that is a huge plus. I won't go on anymore, I just can't stand us talking about Ridnour, when Bibby is the man we should be after and maybe we are. I would stick with TINS if we had a choice between RID and TINS. All of this is probably just chatter and we probably won't make any deals.

THIS SEASONS STATS

#11 Jamaal Tinsley | AGE 28| PG
    PPG 13.3 | APG 6.7 | SPG 1.6

#8 Luke Ridnour | AGE 26| PG
    PPG 12.5 | APG 5.2 | SPG 1.2

#10 Mike Bibby | AGE 28| PG
    PPG 16.7 | APG 5.3 | SPG 1.1

Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

I'd rather just keep Tinsley.

I go for Ridnour easily.

streets ahead

bibby has a massive contract, one that it seems miami is hesitating to take on. i don't know why we pay a guy more just to score 3 more pts a game ... because i'm not convinced that bibby is that much better than tinsley - he could be, but i'm not ready to take on his salary yet. he's not the superstar JO needs on the team. and i don't think luke is the guy to put us over the top either. i'd rather keep tinsley.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ridnour is dealt for a reason, pls leave him where he is

What is the reason?
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

Hey if I knew why they are trading him I could be more specific, but seeing that they are left with Watson only, there must be more going on, considering they only have Ridnour and Watson to run the point.

Now on top of that, Tinsley's EFF is simply better then Ridnour's and let's not bring Watson in on it.

I keep failing to see the urgency to get rid of a good pointguard in exchange for getting worse just so the fantasy teams some of the posters have in mind can be tried, we are better of with what we have.

Bibby has 3 more years in the legue then Tins, his EFF is 0.4 better but his salary is twice what Tins makes, if you think it is worth it, by all means, I think it isn't even close.

Maybe it is time we got behind our team, stopped dreaming of Reggie and Mark coming back or re-incarnating in the current players, stopped dreaming of all those rooks and sophs turning in to the next KB, KG and SO'N and appreciate the good player(s) we have.

Hey if I knew why they are trading him I could be more specific, but seeing that they are left with Watson only, there must be more going on, considering they only have Ridnour and Watson to run the point.

Now on top of that, Tinsley's EFF is simply better then Ridnour's and let's not bring Watson in on it.

I keep failing to see the urgency to get rid of a good pointguard in exchange for getting worse just so the fantasy teams some of the posters have in mind can be tried, we are better of with what we have.

Bibby has 3 more years in the legue then Tins, his EFF is 0.4 better but his salary is twice what Tins makes, if you think it is worth it, by all means, I think it isn't even close.

Maybe it is time we got behind our team, stopped dreaming of Reggie and Mark coming back or re-incarnating in the current players, stopped dreaming of all those rooks and sophs turning in to the next KB, KG and SO'N and appreciate the good player(s) we have.
    Good Points Able.

But do you feel like we have what it takes to win a championship now? That is where I am coming from, I want a Championship before JO is gone. I looked at what Bibby is owed and it is scary to think of taking that money on. I have just seen Bibby hit countless clutch shots, in the playoffs and regular season. I can't really remember seeing TINS do it once. That is the deference here, though all that money might be too much, I agree. I don't want Reggie and Mark to come back, the past is the past. I would love to see this team and current roster win it all, just not sure they can.
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

Quote Originally Posted by odeez View Post
    Good Points Able.

But do you feel like we have what it takes to win a championship now? That is where I am coming from, I want a Championship before JO is gone. I looked at what Bibby is owed and it is scary to think of taking that money on. I have just seen Bibby hit countless clutch shots, in the playoffs and regular season. I can't really remember seeing TINS do it once. That is the deference here, though all that money might be too much, I agree. I don't want Reggie and Mark to come back, the past is the past. I would love to see this team and current roster win it all, just not sure they can.
    Well for one let's give them a chance, let's support them and see what happens.

Who said the Colts were going to win it all this year ?
    I am pretty sure that outside some diehard sunshiners like myself most ppl were sure the Colts had no chance whatsoever in the playoffs.

Basketball is different? yeah to a degree, but you know what they say, once you get into the playoffs it becomes a different beast alltogether.

12 games or so have the new players been here, hardly a camp situation, we need at least 15-20 more to even closely ascertain what can happen.
    TPTB never said winning it all was the only way they kept this together, nor did JO say he would leave if it didn't happen, what they all want to see is progress, a way forward, a better team, better atmosphere, better commitment. And I believe they are seeing just that develop.
    I think we just started our season, some 12 games ago, and we have another 30 games to go before the playoffs start.

Would I like "help" yes, but more at SG then anywhere else, we have a good PG, just wish the coach was better at interaction with his players, if DunDun can become less "streaky" (and why not, given a certain role) then we have a team that can beat anyone out there on any given night.

We do not need a shooting PG, we have a 1st and 2nd option in JO and DG and decent 3rd/4th/5th options on DunDun/Murph/Tins.

If ppl hit their shots, Tins no need and no want.

Great post. I don't understand why people want Tinsley gone so badly. Ok, Ridnour and Bibby shoot better, but then the same people here say they would rather see the point guard run the team and set people up than shoot. Are you guys aware that Mike Bibby has made more FGA's than Jamaal Tinsley has ever ATTEMPTED? Tinsley's assist numbers are higher than Bibby's both this season and for the career. Tinsley's FGA's per game are much much lower, and their EFF is nearly the same. They're about the same when it comes to rebounding, Tinsley is better at coming up with steals and blocks.

I'm not saying Tinsley is a better player. I'm just saying we're not getting much in return that we don't already get from Tinsley in terms of running the team. I'm not going to get on Ridnour because he's good, but I still don't see him as being better than what we've got.