Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 73

Thread: Pacers looking to deal in Vegas

  1. #1

    Default Pacers looking to deal in Vegas

    Despite having pulled off the biggest trade of the season last month, the Indiana Pacers are still looking to improve their roster.
    Team president Larry Bird and senior vice president David Morway will be in Las Vegas with other general managers during All-Star weekend.
    "We'll look for trades," said Pacers' CEO Donnie Walsh. "I kind of know what we need, but I don't know what's out there for us to get. But, yeah, we're still looking."

    Source: Indianapolis Star


    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/p...?urn=nba,24500

  2. #2
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to deal in Vegas

    Damn Donnie don't beat around the bush too much.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  3. #3
    Member Evan_The_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, In. via Oakland, Ca.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,406

    Default Re: Pacers looking to deal in Vegas

    Well damn. Can't add too much to that.

  4. #4
    Member Evan_The_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, In. via Oakland, Ca.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,406

    Default Re: Pacers looking to deal in Vegas

    Bump. I can't believe this thread isn't 10 pages long by now...

  5. #5
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,811

    Default Re: Pacers looking to deal in Vegas

    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  6. #6
    Never Give Up aero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,343
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to deal in Vegas

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

  7. #7

    Default Re: Pacers looking to deal in Vegas

    I have a hunch Mike Bibby could be in a Pacer's uniform before Wednesday. If the Pacers wanna try and win now, he seems like the most logical choice given his past playoff performances.

  8. #8
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Pacers looking to deal in Vegas

    What happened to Donnie?

  9. #9
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,914

    Default Re: Pacers looking to deal in Vegas

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What happened to Donnie?
    He's manning the high roller/VIP section.

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  10. #10
    Never Give Up aero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,343
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to deal in Vegas

    we need at least one more trade to go down before the 22nd. come on Donnie/Larry lets get it rollin'
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

  11. #11
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,705

    Default Re: Pacers looking to deal in Vegas

    Those are old quotes. So don't think that oh boy we are really looking.

  12. #12
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,826

    Default Re: Pacers looking to deal in Vegas

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersFan83 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a hunch Mike Bibby could be in a Pacer's uniform before Wednesday. If the Pacers wanna try and win now, he seems like the most logical choice given his past playoff performances.
    Question is how much does Bibby really make us better? I'm not enamored with Tins either. Just trying to look at it from all angles. Bibby's no better on D and is shooting like a career low FG% this year and is older.

    If this were the Bibby from years past I'd be all over it. Will the change of scenery rekindle vintage MB? Is he over the hill? What's the status on his bum wrist? Perhaps an offensive boost but not worth that much if the shooting % doesn't improve somewhat.

    I kind of like Francisco Garcia although we have lots o guys at the 2/3. Seems like he produces IF he gets minutes, which he doesn't seem to consistently there. Could we part with one of our 2/3 in a Sac deal? I'm not sure the TPTB would send Foster back with Ron Ron just on principle. Even if it would be a seeming upgrade for us. Some things are just downright evil.

    I don't know. I'm just not convinced about this hypothesized deal.

  13. #13
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,811

    Default Re: Pacers looking to deal in Vegas

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What happened to Donnie?
    I decided to change it since the article just said Larry David was going.

    Donnie's still around, though....
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  14. #14
    Team Raskolnikov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ghent, Belgium
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,596

    Default Re: Pacers looking to deal in Vegas

    Five days left until the deadline. I'm curious...

  15. #15
    Member BobbyMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Homeless Traveler
    Posts
    1,163
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to deal in Vegas

    I don't think we can upgrade our PG at this time without giving up a lot more....the only real trade chip I believe we have is David Harrison. Someone may think he's got an upside that isn't being developed, like JO was in Portland, trades are fun to talk about but hard to do.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Pacers looking to deal in Vegas

    It's being reported that the Net's are shopping Vince Carter.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,382

    Default Re: Pacers looking to deal in Vegas

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersFan83 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's being reported that the Net's are shopping Vince Carter.
    I would not want Vince Carter. I think I'd rather take "Never-Healthy" Jefferson before I'd take Carter.

  18. #18
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,203
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to deal in Vegas

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Those are old quotes. So don't think that oh boy we are really looking.

    They were in the Star story just this week so why do you say they are old quotes? Did I miss something...or misread it?
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  19. #19
    Member Swingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: Pacers looking to deal in Vegas

    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They were in the Star story just this week so why do you say they are old quotes? Did I miss something...or misread it?
    They're almost a week old now. Come on, get with the program

  20. #20

    Default Re: Pacers looking to deal in Vegas

    I don't see the Pacers making a deal.

    They have made so many changes already I think they will just let this team be and see where they go.

    However I do believe that they should make a push for Mike Bibby or Chucky Atkins, someone to help the point guard spot out and someone who can stretch the defense.

  21. #21
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,705

    Default Re: Pacers looking to deal in Vegas

    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They were in the Star story just this week so why do you say they are old quotes? Did I miss something...or misread it?
    My only point was - I hope people don't read this thread and think wow -this is the second report about the Pacers looking to make a trade - something must be iminent

  22. #22
    2014 IKL Champion DrBadd01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    United States.
    Posts
    1,949

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to deal in Vegas

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would not want Vince Carter. I think I'd rather take "Never-Healthy" Jefferson before I'd take Carter.
    VC would be an interesting case. Firstly he has an expiring contract which means that at the end of the season a lot would come off our cap. If his situation was like Peja's last year we do a sign and trade with him. If he chooses to stick in Indy he takes pressure off of JO.

    The deal would probably haft to Include Tinsley, Foster, and Daniels. But since we would need to get a PG in return they do have Marcus Williams. In all likleyhood I don't see it happening, but if the Pacers wanted to win now and dump Jamaal this would be an opportunity.

  23. #23
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,150

    Default Re: Pacers looking to deal in Vegas

    Quote Originally Posted by DrBadd01 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    VC would be an interesting case. Firstly he has an expiring contract which means that at the end of the season a lot would come off our cap. If his situation was like Peja's last year we do a sign and trade with him. If he chooses to stick in Indy he takes pressure off of JO.

    The deal would probably haft to Include Tinsley, Foster, and Daniels. But since we would need to get a PG in return they do have Marcus Williams. In all likleyhood I don't see it happening, but if the Pacers wanted to win now and dump Jamaal this would be an opportunity.
    VC is going to be Air Disney next season.

  24. #24
    Raw Talent Robertmto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Nap
    Posts
    5,258
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers looking to deal in Vegas

    Etan Thomas/Brendan Haywwod are on the block because they can't get along.

    Is there any way we pry Foster from u guys?
    STARBURY

    08 and Beyond

  25. #25
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,705

    Default Re: Pacers looking to deal in Vegas

    Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Etan Thomas/Brendan Haywwod are on the block because they can't get along.

    Is there any way we pry Foster from u guys?
    Not for those two jokers. Maybe for Caron Butler, we could talk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •