Thread: Tinsley, 1 FGA, 8 ast....

Default Tinsley, 1 FGA, 8 ast....

Tinsley 1 FGA, 8 ast and the pacers shot 46.7%. Also IMO, daniels is a major factor to this team. best drive to the basket guy, with granger behind him, usually pulling up for jump shots.

Default Re: Tinsley, 1 FGA, 8 ast....

While Tinsley didn't stand out against the Griz, he did what he had to do as far as I am concerned. He got the ball to his teammates in a position to score. He also was a pest on defense.

Except in extreme, dire circumstances, I don't want to see Jamaal score a lot of points. A relatively few high percentage shots with lots of assists and low turnovers are what we need from Jamaal for the rest of the season.

IMO, that was Tinsley's best game of the season last night. I hope he studies what he did and didn't do in this game and tries to do the exact same thing every game. Of course the pacers don't play the Grizzlies every game and he won't be able to play the exact same against teams like the Spurs, Pistons, Rockets.

and the ball STILL moved better when he was OFF the floor.
    I loved his 20 minutes, efficient and about how much he should play.

Sports Logo

The funny thing to me is that when Jamaal was playing this way (his natural playing style) and we were winning 75% of our games the people on here were *****ing that he was not taking more shots.

Tinsley's in that classic "damned if he does, damned if he does not" category.

Folks rag on him if he takes too many shots, and then complain still further if he takes very few.

Praise him the hero if he's having an outstanding offensive night, and bash him if he struggles.

The guy just can't win for losing w/some fans.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NuffSaid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tinsley's in that classic "damned if he does, damned if he does not" category.

Folks rag on him if he takes too many shots, and then complain still further if he takes very few.

Praise him the hero if he's having an outstanding offensive night, and bash him if he struggles.

The guy just can't win for losing w/some fans.
    And that is why he will be moved!

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

I agree with what someone else said Tinsley could find a happy medium of about 10-12 shots that's probably the best for him. As long as Tinsley is distributing the ball the way he is I have no complaints. For those of you saying the ball doesn't move around when he's on the floor, than how did he rack up 8 assists and lead the team in assists? I knowwww stats don't tell the whole story, but they sure do tell at least a part of the story how do you guage a players effectiveness in ball movement if not for assists? Hopefully Tinsley continues to play this way and some of you will get off his back, but unless he starts cranking out MVP numbers like a Steve Nash I doubt any of you will ever be happy with what Tinsley does and that's sad.

Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALF68 View Post
    And that is why he will be moved!
    Tinsley is also in need of a change. He, like Jackson, won't be able to do enough in the eyes of some people. Even when he does something good, it's greeted with hesitant positives. It's like, "Yeah, he did good, but just wait!" Up until these 2 incidents, he hasn't really done anything wrong except be injury prone. Our 6'11" superstar could fall under that category as well. Jamaal has really done a good job of being out there this year, and trying to play well. So I don't necessarily think we have to move him from that standpoint. He does need to go from a public relations standpoint. I don't think Daniels is too many more news cycles away from being in the same boat.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    I agree with what someone else said Tinsley could find a happy medium of about 10-12 shots that's probably the best for him. As long as Tinsley is distributing the ball the way he is I have no complaints. For those of you saying the ball doesn't move around when he's on the floor, than how did he rack up 8 assists and lead the team in assists? I knowwww stats don't tell the whole story, but they sure do tell at least a part of the story how do you guage a players effectiveness in ball movement if not for assists? Hopefully Tinsley continues to play this way and some of you will get off his back, but unless he starts cranking out MVP numbers like a Steve Nash I doubt any of you will ever be happy with what Tinsley does and that's sad.
    You dominate the 24 second clock with the ball and YOU make the pass (to jermaine) that results in the basket.
    Good assist.
    Poor ball movement.
    THere's really quite a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybegood View Post
    Tinsley is also in need of a change. He, like Jackson, won't be able to do enough in the eyes of some people. Even when he does something good, it's greeted with hesitant positives. It's like, "Yeah, he did good, but just wait!" Up until these 2 incidents, he hasn't really done anything wrong except be injury prone. Our 6'11" superstar could fall under that category as well. Jamaal has really done a good job of being out there this year, and trying to play well. So I don't necessarily think we have to move him from that standpoint. He does need to go from a public relations standpoint. I don't think Daniels is too many more news cycles away from being in the same boat.
    I think you're wrong about Tinsley (and Daniels). I think most here would like to see him succeed HERE. WHen he's 'doing the right thing' he's as good as anyone in the league. When he's not, he's really bad. He's not a shooter, he needs to distribute which he can do VERY well, BUT not dominate the ball and the shot clock.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerMan View Post
    You dominate the 24 second clock with the ball and YOU make the pass (to jermaine) that results in the basket.
    Good assist.
    Poor ball movement.
    Ok so all those passes down the court to dunleavy or marquise or breaking down the defense and passing off the ball so someone else could get an easy shot, that was all a figment of my imagination. Seriously what you describe might happen one or two times a game even, it's called a broken play it happens. Then saying Tinsley dominates a ball for 24 seconds is a little extreme. It's mainly Rick calling for the Jermaine Isolation play where we dribble the ball up the court dump the ball to Jermaine and clear out so Jermaine can do whatever he wants, that's not Tinsley's fault that's Rick's fault for coming up with such a one-dimensional play.

I have hammered on Tinman for a very long time...labeled a Tinsley hater for it....

But he is now playing better...particularly since the "alleged incident"....not sure why.

He is averaging almost 10 assists/game the last 6. Quite impressive.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You must have big fingers and accidentally caught a couple extra keys while you were attempting to write 1-2 shots per game. I understand, it happens all the time. (BTW, Bob Sanders is a much better avatar )

Call me a "hater" if you wish, but games like this 8 assist, 1 shot wonder that Tinsley put up always make me think, "he's playing well tonight, maybe we can trade him!" But, of course, he comes back with a 3-19 shooting and 4 turnovers in the same amount of playing time (21 mins.).

I believe that Tins is in the same boat that Jack was. He's a decent player, and on his good nights a very good player. Unfortunately, he has simply worn out his welcome in Indiana (with most folks). Whether it started for John Q. Fan with a dustpan, or Tinsley's ability to play like trash on many nights; the general public, the casual fan, as well as many hard-core fans, would love to see Tinsley in a different uniform.

Congrats to Tinsley on a great game, but I think it speaks volumes that we have to highlight the occasion by starting a thread. To me it says plainly that good games from Tinsley are the exception and not the rule.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    I have hammered on Tinman for a very long time...labeled a Tinsley hater for it....

But he is now playing better...particularly since the "alleged incident"....not sure why.

He is averaging almost 10 assists/game the last 6. Quite impressive.

See that's all I ask, if you hate Tinsley and he's screwing up, fine let him hear it. If he's doing good though at least give credit where it's due, it's much easier to point a finger than to put personal bias aside and congratulate a guy.

You must have big fingers and accidentally caught a couple extra keys while you were attempting to write 1-2 shots per game. I understand, it happens all the time. (BTW, Bob Sanders is a much better avatar )
    Yes Sanders is a good avatar, but it's basketball season and needed a change it hasn't been changed in a while.

Call me a "hater" if you wish, but games like this 8 assist, 1 shot wonder that Tinsley put up always make me think, "he's playing well tonight, maybe we can trade him!" But, of course, he comes back with a 3-19 shooting and 4 turnovers in the same amount of playing time (21 mins.).
    No I don't think you're a hater nothing wrong with expecting consistency from a guy that's supposedly the "floor general". Tinsley's biggest knock on him is his consistency if he can keep it up it'd mean great things for this team.

I believe that Tins is in the same boat that Jack was. He's a decent player, and on his good nights a very good player. Unfortunately, he has simply worn out his welcome in Indiana (with most folks). Whether it started for John Q. Fan with a dustpan, or Tinsley's ability to play like trash on many nights; the general public, the casual fan, as well as many hard-core fans, would love to see Tinsley in a different uniform.
    Yeah but everyone knows the chances of this team getting someone of equal value in return for him is slim and none. We can't keep making trades for the sake of trading if we want to compete. Otherwise we better start looking forward to some lottery picks.

Congrats to Tinsley on a great game, but I think it speaks volumes that we have to highlight the occasion by starting a thread. To me it says plainly that good games from Tinsley are the exception and not the rule.
    He has actually strung together some nice games together before Jermaine and Marquis was out and Rick asked Tinsley to shoulder the load. Now that Marquis and Jermaine are back you're seeing that come back. I just hope he keeps it up.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerMan View Post
    Good assist.
    Poor ball movement.
    Still got the two points.......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He has actually strung together some nice games together before Jermaine and Marquis was out and Rick asked Tinsley to shoulder the load. Now that Marquis and Jermaine are back you're seeing that come back. I just hope he keeps it up.
    I will say that Tinsley has played better overall this season, and it obviously helps when your best players are healthy and available.

But it is impossible to ignore the difference in ball movement and offensive flow when Tinsley is in and out. Not to mention his pathetic excuse for defense. If Rick is to blame for Tinsley's shot attempts, you'll notice that I have joined the crowd calling for a new coach as well.

Essentially, I believe this team needs to take the losses and REBUILD. We have a good core to rebuild around in Danny, Ike, and Shawne. And we have two players in JO and Tinsley that can be put together for what would amount to good value for us. We've also got a 7'0" guy that just needs developed by the right coach (aka-not Carlisle) that someone will be willing to take a risk on. I think we have a few pieces to make some good moves. We've seen before that TPTB can swing deals for "diamonds in the rough." Dale for JO, Jackson for Diogu.

Tinsley is where I think it starts because I think everything starts with the PG.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake