Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pacers vs. Grizzlies Post-Game Thread: Heading into the break with the "W"

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Default Re: Pacers vs. Grizzlies Post-Game Thread: Heading into the break with the "W"

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tinsley, I can't enjoy watching at all because I never know when Good Tinsley and Bad Tinsley are on the court. I don't think it would matter who the coach is, I'm not going to like Tinsley.

Come on Bball Tinsley shot 100% FG% and Darrel only shot a paltry 50%

Seriously though 21 minutes 8 assists that's nearly 3 assists per minute...what do you want the guy to do? Turn water to wine? lmao The only thing you can argue is be consistent with games like the past two. At least give credit where it is due though. Heck i've dogged tinsley too for just sucking it up on the floor, mainly cause I know he's capable of better.

Default Re: Pacers vs. Grizzlies Post-Game Thread: Heading into the break with the "W"

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    Come on Bball Tinsley shot 100% FG% and Darrel only shot a paltry 50%

Seriously though 21 minutes 8 assists that's nearly 3 assists per minute...what do you want the guy to do?
    Play for another team.

Turn water to wine? lmao The only thing you can argue is be consistent with games like the past two. At least give credit where it is due though. Heck i've dogged tinsley too for just sucking it up on the floor, mainly cause I know he's capable of better.
    There's more to the game than the stats, especially offensive stats, and there's more to my dislike of Tinsley than any one game.

I suppose what my point would be in this case, I'm past caring what Tinsley's game is like because I don't enjoy watching the team with him on it. Watching the team down the stretch without him was fine by me. And I was more than a little bummed to see JO coming back in when he did.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    Seriously though 21 minutes 8 assists that's nearly 3 assists per minute...what do you want the guy to do?
    Although your math is a bit fuzzy (Did you mean an assist every three minutes?), I agree with you...though I didn't see the game, the box score tells me that Tinsley played well...except for maybe the 3 turnovers.

Play for another team.

There's more to the game than the stats, especially offensive stats, and there's more to my dislike of Tinsley than any one game.

I suppose what my point would be in this case, I'm past caring what Tinsley's game is like because I don't enjoy watching the team with him on it. Watching the team down the stretch without him was fine by me. And I was more than a little bummed to see JO coming back in when he did.

-Bball

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyPacer View Post
    He was in there to jumpstart the first quarter.

That didn't work out so well.
    We had a 20 point lead at half time over the Clips on Sunday. I would have called that progress and used the same starting lineup and rotations. Sometimes I think coaching staff's have too much time on their hands and we get too much tinkering.

Apparently this was all about trying to find a way to find Danny and Dunleavy a few less minutes. Carlisle obviously likes to have one of them on the floor at all times. They've both playing 40 minutes a game. It also gives Shawne a chance to get a little PT which our previous rotations didn't do.

We'll see next week if he continues the experiment.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    We should be up slightly b/c of the loss column. So we should have the 5th seed by ourselves.
    Yeah it doesn't work like that.

Bball (-)
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

I loved the way Tinsley played tonight (except for his defense). But you almost didn't notice him on the floor at all. What I really liked is how he threw the ball ahead, he did it again and again throwing the ball ahead to either Mike or Marquis. He didn't pound the ball, he moved it and that really helped our offense.

Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Cobol Sam View Post
    It does not work like anything. Pacers have a game in hand, therefore we are percentage points ahead of them. Because all teams will have played the same number of games at the end of the year, they will then use all those tie-breakers. But at this point, because we have played one fewer game, we can be considered ahead of them but in fact we are tied. Not so bad considering they are considered a title contender.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    Bball (-)

I love how MR just lurks and throws in his comical 2 cents here and there. To tell ya the truth, i've never seen the guy put up an opinion one way or the other on much of anything. He sure is funny though, he gets an A in comedic timing.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Did anyone else just hear Rick in the post-game? He was adding up the points of each player scored tonight, and said "What is that...well, it's a ****load of points."
    I love RC as the coach. He's a very entertaining guy actually. It really comes across in his show, but also in moments like this.

I'm sure everyone loves Tins with only 1 FG, but to me that's too far the other way. They won so who cares, but maybe find the happy medium between 19 shots and 1. 6-7 per night should be fine.

The team really still seems out of sorts and hard to read. I was really hoping for 8-9 games over .500 before the West trip, but I'm not sure that's going to happen even with this win because they'd have to beat PHX to do that.

It will be unacceptable for them to lose the MIL, @TOR and SAC games. Normally I could let the @TOR game go since it's a touch matchup on the road, but they blew their "freebie" with SEA and GS and now must make up for it elsewhere.

Glad they got the job done, but this was a gimmie relative to their overall schedule. Beating MIL will mean zip as well.

I know people are excited about moving up in the East, but everyone's schedule has its ups and downs and the Pacers are facing a very hard road starting 4 games from now. That makes it really tough to get excited about this win.

Quis = missing piece? The evidence is starting to build up in favor of that.

Shawne with 4 boards in only 6 minutes. Ike with a strong game. Good to see Danny back and not missing a beat it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I loved the way Tinsley played tonight (except for his defense). But you almost didn't notice him on the floor at all. What I really liked is how he threw the ball ahead, he did it again and again throwing the ball ahead to either Mike or Marquis. He didn't pound the ball, he moved it and that really helped our offense.
    I agree 100% UB some of his turnovers came where he was trying to push the ball up the floor to either Dunleavy or Marquise and they couldn't bring it in and it would just roll out of bounds. The defense thing needs alot of work but for now i'll take the 8 assists in only 21 minutes...sooo baby steps I guess ,but hopefully he doesn't have a lapse go back to being bad jamaal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobol Sam View Post
    It's along those lines. We've played 2 fewer games, and also have one fewer loss. Both teams are 4 games over .500, but our percentage is slightly better b/c the number of games played and losses.

welll...according to nba.com were still behind the bulls. however, they also have us with a record of "7-4" in our last 10...

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

You're right, because he made one of his best passes this year to Granger, a bullet cutting crosscourt from the midline to the baseline to get Danny a layup, which he then missed. That should have been 9 assists, but in the end it turned into a DG rebound and then foul shot for Granger as well.

Tins, when in a groove and feeling it, is an elite passer and strong ball handler. No one in their right mind (this may be key) would want to see that type of PG off the team regardless, just out of some emotional stubborness.

Just judge the guy by his performance maybe, and when he string together a couple of good games recognize it for what it is.

Despite my rant about Dun's streaky shot, I loved his being red hot the prior 2 games. I'd much rather have him stay with the Pacers and find that shot more often than see him shipped. I feel doubly so about Tins (because he's been here so long). Good Tins is a guy that I pay money to see play simply because of style, not the W-L aspect.

Sam - if for some reason the season ended with the Pacers playing 2 less games then the Pacers would get the higher seed. WIN PCT determines seed. All this bickering right now is silly because it's meaningless. They don't have any seed yet, there's a couple of months left before we need to worry about that.

In the meantime how you choose to look at a team, by wins or by losses, is just your outlook on life I suppose. CHI has more wins which is something that the Pacers can't be sure of getting. But the Pacers have less losses so it's in their hands to stay ahead of CHI.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    welll...according to nba.com were still behind the bulls. however, they also have us with a record of "7-4" in our last 10...
    Talk about fuzzy math. I guess sometimes numbers do lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post

It's hard to explain, but when you look at it. it's simple...

Bulls:29-25

Pacers: 28-24

Though we're both 4 over .500 our percentage is better b/c we haven't played as many games. It all comes down to the loss column. Though the Bulls have more wins, they already have 25 losses. It's possible we could never lose or 25th game.

It's possible we could never lose or 25th game.
    a very remote possibility hahahahahha

"It was kind of back and forth," Granger said. "We decided we needed to make a run, and we did. We put the hammer down."

I didn't catch the game, so i have one quick question: Did Williams start each half? I saw that he only played 6 minutes and RC wanted to shake things up to see if that would lead to a good start from the boys.

Once again, if RC wants energy, then start Armstrong.

Cleveland lost...you know what that means.....

absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things but in this upcoming meat grinder of a schedule in march I want people in our division to lose as many games as they possibly can.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    You're right, because he made one of his best passes this year to Granger, a bullet cutting crosscourt from the midline to the baseline to get Danny a layup, which he then missed. That should have been 9 assists, but in the end it turned into a DG rebound and then foul shot for Granger as well.

Tins, when in a groove and feeling it, is an elite passer and strong ball handler. No one in their right mind (this may be key) would want to see that type of PG off the team regardless, just out of some emotional stubborness.

Just judge the guy by his performance maybe, and when he string together a couple of good games recognize it for what it is.
    You simply cannot have this level of inconsistency from your starting PG. The chasm between Good Tinsley and Bad Tinsley is just to wide of a divide to be good for the team. He needs to remain much more mentally strong in the games and eliminate the 'one on one itis' like he's (apparently) knocked the sinusitis.

Flashes of brilliance don't negate flashes of ignorance. Not in a player pushing 30 years old (isn't Tinsley 28 or 29 now?). This isn't some young, green kid showing some flashes of brilliance as he learns the game and the NBA. This is a player who already needs to be 'there'. At some point it is WYSIWYG.

We cannot continue to try and build a team with this phrase under-pinning everything "As Tinsley goes, so goes the Pacers".

Could another coach straighten him up? I doubt it... and I doubt we're going to see another coach before Tinsley is finally shed away for someone more consistent. Even if that person has a lower ceiling than Tinsley, we shouldn't need to see the basement nearly as often. And if that person could play a little defense...

-Bball

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

You simply cannot have this level of inconsistency from your starting PG.
    Besides some bad shooting games, he's been pretty darn consistent otherwise. If you add up his numbers (assist numbers) since the trade, you'll see that his numbers are up, and that our scoring as a team is up. More assists + more points, that has to have something to do with our point guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ev_eezy View Post
    Besides some bad shooting games, he's been pretty darn consistent otherwise. If you add up his numbers (assist numbers) since the trade, you'll see that his numbers are up, and that our scoring as a team is up. More assists + more points, that has to have something to do with our point guard.
    Besides some bad shooting games? It's not like this has happened because his shot just wasn't falling... he has a history of taking bad shots. And too many shots too for that matter.

And all it takes is one stretch of stupid play out of a player, especially one dominating the ball, and the game could be lost. Certainly it makes the game more difficult to win.

Tinsley needs to play smart.... always. Not sometimes. Not here and there on the schedule. Always. I've yet to see any proof he can do that.

If he gets into games of oneupsmanship on the court, it isn't a stretch to think he'd do it in public too.

Just allow me the delusion of thinking the only reason I am seeing Tinsley at all is to showcase him for better or worse for a trade and that there is no way I'll see him in a Pacer uniform by next season.

Let's (TPTB) focus on the good things about this team and cut our losses with the bad.

-Bball

------

-John Wooden

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ev_eezy View Post
    Besides some bad shooting games, he's been pretty darn consistent otherwise.
    Dare i say it, but besides some GOOD shooting games, he's been pretty darn consistent.
    "He's a strong physical presence out there on both ends of the court. He's a man. There's a reason he was an All-Star." -- Vogel on David West

Banned

It's along those lines. We've played 2 fewer games, and also have one fewer loss. Both teams are 4 games over .500, but our percentage is slightly better b/c the number of games played and losses.
    I still think you should go with the flower pants picture man. I could photoshop the flower pants onto your current avatar for you. What do ya say?