Thread: Arenas makes ANOTHER prediction, says he'll still drop 50 on Portland

Default Arenas makes ANOTHER prediction, says he'll still drop 50 on Portland

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/dcspo...r_50point.html

somebody needs to convince him to just STFU

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Arenas makes ANOTHER prediction, this time saying he'll drop 50 on LeBron

I ask Arenas about his recent fifty point guarantee against Portland. "I knew after I said that that they'd double (team) me," he says "so I came out not too aggressive and got my teammates involved. It was part of my plan. But when we go up to their place, they won't be expecting it, and they won't double me. That's when I'm really planning on dropping 50."
    Well, I think they'll be expecting it now, Gil.

Btw, nice plan. You only lost by 21.

"The guy LeBron needs is Sam Cassell," says Arenas, "He needs someone who wants to take the big shots at the end of the game." I interject that LeBron would never stand for that -- it would kill his ego. "LeBron would much rather have Cassell take the final shot," says Arenas. "People don't realize that LeBron doesn't want it."
    Yeah, too bad LeBron has a habit of stepping to the line and choking away a pair of free throws with a playoff game on the line, right, Gil?

To be fair, though, I don't see him guaranteeing he'll drop 50 on Cleveland, but on Portland (again).

If this is all true, I have no respect left for Arenas. The guy has lost his damn mind. He suddenly thinks he's Michael Jordan or something.

Newsflash Gil: Until you lead your team to a championship (or at least, much playoff success), you ain't a damn thing.

Banned

Default Re: Arenas makes ANOTHER prediction, this time saying he'll drop 50 on LeBron

He's actually got a CHANCE to do it against LeBron, considering how bad LJ is on the defensive end.

a mod should please change the title-- he's saying he'll score 50 not against LeBron but against Portland next time they travel TO Washington.

My bad

why should he shut up, it's self promotion and he's probablly better at it than deion at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydawg2270 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    why should he shut up, it's self promotion and he's probablly better at it than deion at this point
    No, it is false advertising.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Arenas makes ANOTHER prediction, says he'll still drop 50 on Portland

He is slowly becoming the Chad Johnson of the NBA and no that is not a good thing.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo

Default Re: Arenas makes ANOTHER prediction, says he'll still drop 50 on Portland

I know that Arenas has some rivalry with Kobe....but even he doesn't go as far to say that he will drop 50 points on a team. Its like the guy has such little respect for other teams that he's willing to guarantee it.

Kobe maybe a jerk at times....but Arenas just seems plain arrogant.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by indy0731 View Post
    He is slowly becoming the Chad Johnson of the NBA and no that is not a good thing.

yeah beacause chad is such a bad person

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    If this is all true, I have no respect left for Arenas. The guy has lost his damn mind. He suddenly thinks he's Michael Jordan or something.

Newsflash Gil: Until you lead your team to a championship (or at least, much playoff success), you ain't a damn thing.
    Except the 2nd leading scorer in the NBA, best player on the 2nd best team in the East, and arguably the main reason people are excited about basketball in DC again.

Plus the guy is entertaining - like 0731 said he's the Chad Johnson of the NBA (and what is wrong with that?)
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

I read an article last month where Arenas compared people to dogs. You see if you have a bunch of dogs in a room and you blow a whistle, you have some dogs that go right up to the whistle and see what you are blowing. Those are the best dogs. Then there are those other dogs that don't move and don't show any curiosity and you don't want that. These sort of dogs don't come check out the whistle. Those kind of dogs are worthless.

I just think that people are complex, and grouping humanity into two groups in that way just kinda annoyed me. Just because you are an athlete doesn't mean you have to the mentality of a 10 year old.

Just my two cents.....
    Dallas Clark>Tony Gonzalez

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydawg2270 View Post
    yeah beacause chad is such a bad person
    Never said that but he is a loud mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto View Post
    Except the 2nd leading scorer in the NBA, best player on the 2nd best team in the East, and arguably the main reason people are excited about basketball in DC again.

Plus the guy is entertaining - like 0731 said he's the Chad Johnson of the NBA (and what is wrong with that?)
    Nothing is wrong with this sort of thing in moderation but after a while it gets old.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by indy0731 View Post
    Nothing is wrong with this sort of thing in moderation but after a while it gets old.
    IMO he's doing it alot more lately too keep the attention on him and not on Jamison's injury.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond