Thread: For the love of God and sunny Jesus...

NewYawk

Default For the love of God and sunny Jesus...

The Pacers lose two games, and this place has become Jonesville! Threads titled "Is JO a difference maker?" "Who will the Lakers pummel in the Finals?" "Shoot Anthony Johnson in the head, please!"

People, STFU and calm down. The Miami Heat are an excellent, excellent HOME TEAM! They play really, really well at home, and play really, really bad on the road. SVG is a fine coach who gets a lot of of a very talented team. We will now see if Carlisle can rally his guys and get them to respond at home. This series had Pacers in 6 games written all over it, and it still does.

And stop annointing the friggin Lakers already. Lucky shot goes it. Big deal. SA is a tough team, and will win in LA Saturday, and this sereis will go seven-- as many said it would.

Jeez, this place is more fair weather than LA.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: For the love of God and sunny Jesus...

The Pacers lose two games, and this place has become Jonesville! Threads titled "Is JO a difference maker?" "Who will the Lakers pummel in the Finals?" "Shoot Anthony Johnson in the head, please!"

People, STFU and calm down. The Miami Heat are an excellent, excellent HOME TEAM! They play really, really well at home, and play really, really bad on the road. SVG is a fine coach who gets a lot of of a very talented team. We will now see if Carlisle can rally his guys and get them to respond at home. This series had Pacers in 6 games written all over it, and it still does.

And stop annointing the friggin Lakers already. Lucky shot goes it. Big deal. SA is a tough team, and will win in LA Saturday, and this sereis will go seven-- as many said it would.

Jeez, this place is more fair weather than LA.
    Miami played us much closer than people like to remember in Game 1 & 2. And now they're on a hot shooting streak. I've also seen nothing that makes us think we can win Game 6 in Miami.

As for the Lakers/Spurs, that series is over. Do you REALLY believe the Spurs can win a Game 6 in LA? And if so, do you REALLY believe the Lakers will lose a Game 7?

Sports Logo

Miami played us much closer than people like to remember in Game 1 & 2. And now they're on a hot shooting streak. I've also seen nothing that makes us think we can win Game 6 in Miami.
    Um so you would call being down 20 with 4 to play and going on a meaningless run with the very end of our bench in the game and still losing by 11 a close game?

I agree completely with NewYawk here.

I expected to lose at least one game in Miami, so I can't be STUNNED with losing 2, and from my vantage point the first two games were NEVER in doubt.

This is a little tougher than I expected, but THE SKY IS NOT FALLING, PEOPLE!

My only complaint is some fairly obvious adjustments that RC didn't make in game 4, like trying Bender or Jermaine on Odom when Foster was getting burned repeatedly (due to his bad hip in game 4), and to a lesser extent limiting the time AJ was on the court.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

As for the Lakers/Spurs, that series is over. Do you REALLY believe the Spurs can win a Game 6 in LA? And if so, do you REALLY believe the Lakers will lose a Game 7?
    emphatically YES, and YES.

I don't think home court is all that big of a deal for San Antonio, LA, Minnesota, and Sacramento (though Arco is particularly intimidating from a fan noise perspective).

For some reason for the 4 Eastern semifinalists, home court means EVERYTHING.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

emphatically YES, and YES.
    I hope you're right, but I wouldn't bet on it if I were you.

Teams that rely on good defense can win on the road, unless their jerseys say "PISTONS"

Teams that rely on good defense can win on the road, unless their jerseys say "PISTONS"
    or "PACERS"

Well, the Pistons made the games in New Jersey close for a few nanoseconds. I mean, by the end of the 1st quarter in each game they looked like beaten little puppies.

The Pacers were in it until the last minute. A win was at least conceivable. Did anybody bat their eyes when all the ESPN analysts practically guaranteed a Pacer win at halftime?

Well, the Pistons made the games in New Jersey close for a few nanoseconds. I mean, by the end of the 1st quarter in each game they looked like beaten little puppies.

The Pacers were in it until the last minute. A win was at least conceivable. Did anybody bat their eyes when all the ESPN analysts practically guaranteed a Pacer win at halftime?
    I wanted to shoot them! They haven't given us respect all year, now they do and we lose!

I hope they start saying we are going to lose this series, because then we atleast have a chance

Yeah, I had the urge to come on here and start a "good karma" thread predicting our demise.

hmmm... maybe I should do that now...