Thread: Some Speculation

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Default Some Speculation

According to NBADraft.net and a few other sites our pick is top 10 protected, lets say we end up tanking the season and fall somewhere between 5-10 in the draft and able to retain our draft pick. These are a lot of hypotheticals but try to stay with me.

1st

We trade with Boston for the #1 overall pick in the draft + Delonte West. For Jermaine O'Neal + Jamaal Tinsley

2nd

With that #1 pick we select Odin

3rd

Then with our pick we still have somewhere between 5-10 we draft some fantastic shooting guard or point guard.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you guys think of that?

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Default Re: Some Speculation

I think my days of "falling in love with talent" are over.

If the Pacers so much as lose even a SINGLE game on purpose, I would never be a fan again. It's the ultimate sin in sports.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

IF Oden declares you better believe that whoever has the #1 pick is keeping it.Secondly this is not a deep draft and it becomes pathetic if Oden and Durant stay in school.Those are the only two players in my opinion who will be impact players.Theres a big drop in talent from the second pick to the third pick.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    According to NBADraft.net and a few other sites our pick is top 10 protected, lets say we end up tanking the season and fall somewhere between 5-10 in the draft and able to retain our draft pick. These are a lot of hypotheticals but try to stay with me.

1st

We trade with Boston for the #1 overall pick in the draft + Delonte West. For Jermaine O'Neal + Jamaal Tinsley

2nd

With that #1 pick we select Odin

3rd

Then with our pick we still have somewhere between 5-10 we draft some fantastic shooting guard or point guard.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you guys think of that?
    I think that we would have to have a very dumb GM to take that deal.....I don't think that any team that has the chance to get either Durant or Oden is going to pass him up...even for JONeal and Tinsley.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_D View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IF Oden declares you better believe that whoever has the #1 pick is keeping it.Secondly this is not a deep draft and it becomes pathetic if Oden and Durant stay in school.Those are the only two players in my opinion who will be impact players.Theres a big drop in talent from the second pick to the third pick.
    I could be wrong...but from what I have read...this is one of the deepest drafts in a very long time....even with Durant and Oden going after the 1st/2nd picks.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.