Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 67

Thread: is anyone listening to Kevin Lee's post game show

  1. #1
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,787

    Default is anyone listening to Kevin Lee's post game show

    A caller just called in. Who knows he could be making all this up. But I don't think so.

    He said his job to to drive around a lot of NBA front office personnel. He mentioned Joe Dumars. . Other scouts from other teams and he seems to have some inside info on the pacers players.

    Briefly - here is what he said

    If Joe Dumars could have one of our players he'd take Granger

    The pacers play book is the biggest in the league. They run more plays in the first quarter than other teams run the whole game. He means different plays. - That is according to NBA scouts. Rick is a micro-manager

    The scouts like the Pacers trade, but they hate our backcourt- can't guard anyone.


    The guy who called Kevin Lee, said if people knew David Harrison they would be shocked - out 3 months for a sprained shoulder? He said harrison is a total loser - he didn't say anything specific but makes it sound that harrison is prtetty bad

    he said granger is a great kid.

    But several other players are total pot heads.




    __________________________________________________ ____


    I hope someone else heard it.



    OK, now this is my opinion and only my opinion. No inside info. I have no doubt in my mind that Tinsley at least is a pot head (look at the FSN commercial where he turns that card over - look at his face) - he's high 50% of the time _ I'm sure of . I'd bet he does harder drugs than pot. - Just my opinion, only my opinion. Sorry Tinsley fans, but I had to say it. And as much as I like Daniels game, if he the same way - then he needs to be traded also.

  2. #2
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,312

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: is anyone listening to Kevin Lee's post game show

    It all sounds very plausible, and likely.

  3. #3
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,073

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: is anyone listening to Kevin Lee's post game show

    There are hall of famers who have admitted to being "pot heads."

    The decision to deal someone shouldn't be solely based on that.

    Also, smoking pot does not automatically mean you do major narcotics in your spare time. It;s one thing to do a little pot here and there for recreation, but if you're doing cocaine or something similar, that can cost you your career, and %99.9 of the NBA is too smart for that.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  4. #4
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,580

    Default Re: is anyone listening to Kevin Lee's post game show

    I bet that dang Jeff Foster is one too.

  5. #5

    Default Re: is anyone listening to Kevin Lee's post game show

    I think it was Kenny Anderson's wife that suspected that over 80% of NBA players use drugs. Maybe it was someone else, I don't know.

    Tinsley, a pothead? No focus, low energy, bad decisions, poor effort. Couldn't be.

  6. #6
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,312

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: is anyone listening to Kevin Lee's post game show

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I bet that dang Jeff Foster is one too.
    "That's good-*** defense" takes on a whole new meaning now.

  7. #7
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,787

    Default Re: is anyone listening to Kevin Lee's post game show

    If any of the players smoke pot from October 1st through the last games of the season - I want them gone ASAP. If it is Jeff Foster - my favorite player - that is fine with me. I don't want them on the Pacers.


    If they do a little pot at a 4th of July party - I don't like it - but that is a little different - offseason

  8. #8
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,580

    Default Re: is anyone listening to Kevin Lee's post game show

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "That's good-*** defense" takes on a whole new meaning now.
    hahahaha, I'm just trying to have some fun in light of the current doom and gloom we all seem to be feeling. Sorry UB I know that's crossing the line as far as you're concerned.

  9. #9
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,787

    Default Re: is anyone listening to Kevin Lee's post game show

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it was Kenny Anderson's wife that suspected that over 80% of NBA players use drugs. Maybe it was someone else, I don't know.

    Tinsley, a pothead? No focus, low energy, bad decisions, poor effort. Couldn't be.
    That was Charles Oakley

  10. #10
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,073

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: is anyone listening to Kevin Lee's post game show

    I'd rather nobody did it, but I'm a realist. As long as they aren't high during games or at practice, then they can do it all they want. Just don't embarrass the team with it, that's all I ask.

    I think at the point where you get caught with a pound of it in your car, or trying to sneak it through an airport, then I start to have an issue. That crosses the line between recreational user and addict.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  11. #11
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,312

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: is anyone listening to Kevin Lee's post game show

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If any of the players smoke pot from October 1st through the last games of the season - I want them gone ASAP. If it is Jeff Foster - my favorite player - that is fine with me. I don't want them on the Pacers.


    If they do a little pot at a 4th of July party - I don't like it - but that is a little different - offseason
    Well, I guess fans will be suiting up, then...for every franchise on the planet, since there won't be any players left.

  12. #12

    Default Re: is anyone listening to Kevin Lee's post game show

    Foster could use some after the night he had.


    Hey, if Tinsley could hit some Js on the court......

  13. #13
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,787

    Default Re: is anyone listening to Kevin Lee's post game show

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, I guess fans will be suiting up, then...for every franchise on the planet, since there won't be any players left.
    I'm not willing to accept that.

    If players do it during the season I want them gone

  14. #14
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,580

    Default Re: is anyone listening to Kevin Lee's post game show

    Heck I'd suit up for the Pacers.

    Me>>>>>>>>>>Eddie Gill

  15. #15
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,827

    Default Re: is anyone listening to Kevin Lee's post game show

    I'm guessing unsubstantiated drug usage rumors/speculation threads go in "Off Court"......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  16. #16
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,580

    Default Re: is anyone listening to Kevin Lee's post game show

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm guessing unsubstantiated drug usage rumors/speculation go in "Off Court"......
    ever the cynic that MR

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,312

    Default Re: is anyone listening to Kevin Lee's post game show

    I'm sure this won't matter to the conversation, but it fits. Part of my research load deals with the social construction of drug deviancy. I've been very interested in data produced in past research that indicates that the criminalization of marijuana was racial motivated, aimed at Mexican workers during a job shortage. The data isn't some small subset like what you might expect from this type of research. The N was just over 2400... meaning it is above the standard of reliable.

    I'm not really trying to make a point on pot use, but it is fair to understand why it is criminal or deviant but alcohol use isn't. (not that alcohol didn't at one time experience criminalization for the same reasons)
    Reinarman is the name of the researcher if anyone is interested.

  18. #18
    Member Dr. Goldfoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,428

    Default Re: is anyone listening to Kevin Lee's post game show

    Way to perpetuate rumors you have no way of proving Uncle Buck. The NBA drug tests these guys for any illegal drug usage whether it makes them a better athlete or allows them to better understand Pink Floyd lyrics.

  19. #19
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,787

    Default Re: is anyone listening to Kevin Lee's post game show

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Goldfoot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Way to perpetuate rumors you have no way of proving Uncle Buck. The NBA drug tests these guys for any illegal drug usage whether it makes them a better athlete or allows them to better understand Pink Floyd lyrics.
    So we are only allowed to post things if we can prove them?


    In my post the last paragraph where I give my opinion on Jamaal - I state 4 different times this is only my opinion. I clearly say - I have no inside info.

    The other stuff I posted is what I heard from a guy who called into a radio show.

    If you don't agree with my opiniuon - that is fine and if you think the guy who called into Kevin Lee is crazy - that is fine also.

    If you don't think this is important - OK.

  20. #20

    Default Re: is anyone listening to Kevin Lee's post game show

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it was Kenny Anderson's wife that suspected that over 80% of NBA players use drugs. Maybe it was someone else, I don't know.

    Tinsley, a pothead? No focus, low energy, bad decisions, poor effort. Couldn't be.
    Nah with those constant nasal problems, my rolled up money haha is on the "coke" of choice for JT
    "I'd rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I am not".--Bushwick Bill

  21. #21
    Member jjbjjbjjb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin
    Age
    37
    Posts
    376

    Default Re: is anyone listening to Kevin Lee's post game show

    Alcohol is probably worse for them than pot.

  22. #22
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,312

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: is anyone listening to Kevin Lee's post game show

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IF THE THREAD ABOUT THE 8 SECOND SCUFFLE WAS MOVED, THIS THREAD SURE AS HELL SHOULD BE.

    YES I'M YELLING !!!!
    Did you say something? I can't hear you with all of that yelling going on.

  23. #23

    Default Re: is anyone listening to Kevin Lee's post game show

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I bet that dang Jeff Foster is one too.
    Better trade feisty foster....he's the ring leader in all of this
    "I'd rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I am not".--Bushwick Bill

  24. #24
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,527
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: is anyone listening to Kevin Lee's post game show

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you say something? I can't hear you with all of that yelling going on.
    I said quit bogarting the joint and pass it this way!
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  25. #25
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,944

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: is anyone listening to Kevin Lee's post game show

    I'm not saying Jamaal Tinsley, QUis, or whoever does or doesn't do pot, but IMO speculating on it with no hard evidence isn't something we should be in the place to do. If we are going to judge players and whether they do drugs by their behavior on court I.E. Tinsley's on court behavior. Than you can make the argument that DA is on crack. In other words, its a dumb argument.

    BTW
    I see nothing so ground breaking in those comments as to believe that he is an insider. Dumars would take Granger? Gee thats stunning. Wait no its not, hes the guy with by far the most upside as well as current production on the team. The Pacers run a lot plays? Gee yep I can figure that one out too. Our backcourt can't guard anyone? You're kidding I hadn't noticed. I thought Tins and Dunleavy were actually Joe Dumars and Sidney Moncrief. David Harrison has a bad personality? Nothing ground breaking their either. Heck just look up some of the David horror stories. There's the Texas Tech bathroom stall incident as well as his drunken fight with a newspaper dispenser. I thought this was common knowledge by now. Granger is a great kid? Hmm, nothing stunning there. Some of our players are total potheads? Hey I can slander people too, I just choose not too.
    This guy sounds like just another disgruntled Pacer fan who wants to pretend he knows something by taking common knowledge and making it sound privleged.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •