Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pacers Nuggets Post Game

Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers Nuggets Post Game

Quote Originally Posted by bnd45 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Finally, Daniels' injury is really hurting this team. We have a lot of stand still players and desperately need someone besides Tinsley to be our slasher. Until he returns I still think RC should switch Armstrong and Tinsley to shake things up. The 1st unit works best when there is ball movement and that is one of the things Armstrong does better than Tinsley. If Jamaal responded right he could be a good scorer off the bench.
    I think that Marquis return will make a difference....but given the way that we have been playing AT HOME ( no less ) with the lack of defense over the last 3 games....I am not optimistic about how good we are going to do.

One more thing that hasn't been brought up.....JONeal was 6-15 from the field and only had 4 rebounds while scoring 16 points....very un-JONeal-like. I'm guessing that his knee is still bothering him....or worse......the Nuggets were playing solid defense on him.

I mentioned this before in Bruno's QOD thread....but a PG like Tinsley has to know when to be a "Shoot first Pass second PG" and when to be a "Pass first Score second PG".....when he is able to recognize this....he can help us out alot. Tonight....I have no clue where his brain went. I really don't know what possesses him to continually shoot if he is shooting like cr@p. I could be wrong....but I don't think he made a single basket until halfway through the 3rd QTR. He's a poor 3pt shooter....yet he takes 4 3pt Attempts . If TPTB are truly showcasing Tinsley.....someone should probably have figured out that its not a good idea to continually showcase how bad a shooter he is.

He missed 7 straight FGA....and yet...he continues to put the pedal to the metal and continues to shoot the ball. That's when the BOOS started coming for Tinsley.....a sign of things to come.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I was at the game. I'm surprised it took this long for someone to bring this up. It looked ugly in person. Really ugly. He was out for blood once something set him off from "I'm angry" to "You die now!".
    Exactly. It looked like he was ready to take a swing at the ref if Dun hadn't physically picked him up and carried him away. (Not joking he had to be carried away from the ref and he was still fighting it.)

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo

I was at the game. I'm surprised it took this long for someone to bring this up. It looked ugly in person. Really ugly. He was out for blood once something set him off from "I'm angry" to "You die now!".
    Could someone give me an idea about what set him off?

Its still unclear to me what on Earth happened......

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by indy0731 View Post
    Exactly. It looked like he was ready to take a swing at the ref if Dun hadn't physically picked him up and carried him away. (Not joking he had to be carried away from the ref and he was still fighting it.)
    Wow....I don't know if I should laugh or cry. I really hope that someone puts this up on YouTube.....

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post

That's what I was trying to figure out talking with Peck and Roaming Gnome after the game. We all figured the ref must have said something that didn't sit with him, but when we caught the reply on TV at BW3's it didn't look like much or anything was said when he went from angry to homicidal.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post

post #22

That's what I was trying to figure out talking with Peck and Roaming Gnome after the game. We all figured the ref must have said something that didn't sit with him, but when we caught the reply on TV at BW3's it didn't look like much or anything was said when he went from angry to homicidal.

It was the Foster foul. His reaction to that....he just never cooled down from it. And reading his postgame thoughts makes it a little clearer.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thats what was weird to me. One second, DA was arguing with the ref the next he appeared to be screaming the F bomb and had an absolute vicious look in his eye. The way some of his teammates avoided him as he stormed off the court was just plain weird. If I were the ref, I would have been a little scared. DA just seemed to go from "ok thats a horrible, horrible call" to "I will ing kill you ***** in two seconds."

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

If we're looking at what's best for the franchise going forward, I think you finish the season with the roster you have, because we don't have any pieces that would be desirable to a team looking to make a push in the playoffs, with the possible exception of Foster. Everyone else is either too young or too valuable, forcing a playoff team to "shake up" their roster coming down the stretch.

However, this summer? Let's be honest, this team as currently constructed isn't a contender. I really feel JO is the Dominique Wilkins of his generation, meaning he's going to have a career of mediocre to slightly above average teams while he looks good out there and has great stats, and people are going to wonder why he couldn't put it together with the team to win a ring.

I think you can look at that 62-win team as being Reggie and Artest carrying us across the finish line, with JO keeping us in the race till we get there. JO no longer has a guy like that on the team, so I think your choices this summer are to try to put together a trade for a guy like Ben Gordon or Mike James, or you just go ahead and blow the sucker up, packaging Tinsley and JO for picks, youth, and expirings. This is as good a time as any for a rebuilding effort, simply because the Pacers are now firmly entrenched into 2nd place in the heart of the city, and will be so for the next 5 years.

If you go with this plan, and possibly even if you don't, depending on how our season turns out, Carlisle needs to go, and I'd be pushing really hard for Rick Adelman or SVG.

I don't really have much to say about the game tonight. We're not playing well on defense, and while we pass the ball, we never seem to find an open guy. We can't stop dribble penetration, and we can't get solid dribble penetration, either. The calls were pretty bad, but you can't change that. I don't think we played great, but I don't think we, as a team, played terribly either. We're a sightly above average team, and that's how it's going to be.

My main concern is that we don't have a pick this year, and in terms of getting better through youth, we've got Diogu (stuck behind JO), Granger, and Williams (Stuck behind Granger/JO/Diogu). Realistically, we're not going to improve next year or any year in the near future if we don't make a major trade.

Armstrong upset? Uh, yeah.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...55/1004/SPORTS

"I feel like this team, the way the referees call it, we get (expletive) every night," Armstrong said. "I'm going to be honest, it seems like the referees are calling our games like the brawl team (2004-05). We're not that team that was in the brawl. We're the 2006-07 team. It's just sad because we get treated like that. We get a lot of bad calls home and away. Then we can't talk to the officials the right way."

Quote Originally Posted by Kraft View Post

I smell a fine...

oh, who the hell am I kidding, he's going to get a game

Quote Originally Posted by Eindar View Post
    I smell a fine...

oh, who the hell am I kidding, he's going to get a game
    Some teams would find this as incentive to play harder, maybe win a game. The Pacers (read: Jamaal Tinsley) will find this as incentive to shoot more.

I think what has me so disappointed right now is: We were 26-21 and scheduled to play 8 of our next 9 at home. We had just won at Memphis and looked as good as we had all season. Now we have lost to GS and Seattle (who had lost 15 straight road games). We were facing Denver without Iverson and Camby and now were 26-24. I've seen enough bad officiating to last a few years. I'm sick of brawls, shootings, night club arrest etc etc. I've reached a point were I am just not looking forward to watching the Pacers anymore. I've been a fan since 1972-73. I feel like 1-12 we have as much talent as any team in the league, yet we're mediocre.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    So, if we're showcasing Tinsley, does that mean we've officially given up on this season?
    At 3 for 16, I think we've given up on showcasing.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

What I think is becoming hilarious is how people wiggle around to blame the loss on Tinsley.
    Heck even DA going off on a ref is Tins' fault.

First on DA: he said something to the ref about the call, at that moment he still had a smile on his face, however the ref disrespected him obviously and as is explained in the article in the Star;

Quote Originally Posted by JO
    O'Neal said certain officials treat the Pacers with no respect.
    "The tone they are talking to us, it's a little strange," he said. "I could have sworn we're all grown men. They are talking in a manner you probably shouldn't. It's not all them, it's a couple of them that come in here and say things to you that kind of have you wondering, 'Why are you talking to me like that.' All in all, I guess we're still on punishment for whatever reason. I don't understand, it's a whole new team."
    I can fully understand that if you are getting the short end of the stick all night long, then defend in the 4th holding them t0 18% only to see the refs giving them 25 FT's in the same quarter and when asking about a call you get dissed that one "goes off", not to say it's right, but it IS understandable.

Tins leaves the game in the 1stQ while we are up, he comes back in the 2nd when we are 11 down. brings us back at the half, stay with it to loose it again and (when back in in the 4th) again brings us back, then with 2pts in it they get 6 straight ft's. end of game, no, we come close again, only to hear more "funky" calls against us.

Not to put thoughts in anybody's head, but it seems that Crawford is involved in these kind of games a lot when it comes to the Pacers.

Oh and the foul on Jeff that set DA off, was a clear foul the other way or at the utmost a no-call.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

At this point I'd trade Tins for a box of Cornflakes just to get rid of both his ultrafrustrating play (even though sometimes it's good but not often) and his propensity to keep getting in trouble. I don't all that much care what it means as far as wins and losses. And if RC continues to encourage him to play in the way that he does, he can get the out of Dodge, too.

A few more thoughts after I've had a chance to sleep on it:

If I ever walk into the fieldhouse and see an officiating crew with Crawford and Palmer, I'm giving the rest of my season tix to the guys shaking the cups of change under the bridge.

We're 2 games over .500 with a team that has only 5 guys who were here 12 months ago, of which only 4 get any meaningful PT. 4 guys have been on the team for less than 3 weeks. The Pacers have the thickest playbook in the league. How long does it take to learn and internalize all those plays with so many new guys?

Did David Harrison pick up a tapeworm or something? His weight loss has him looking way un-healthy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    As I metnioned earlier I only saw the 1st and 4th quarters tonight - but there were a couple of horrible calls in the 4th that went against the pacers.

But I don't think for a second that the refs treat the Pacers any better or worse than any other team. Tonight it appeared they did - but it wasn't on purpose - and I'm sure there have been a few games this year when the Pacers got a few calls and the opposing fans were crying bloody murder.
    I can't believe that you actually believe what you just typed. I posted in this thread on how and why the Pacers are getting hosed and everyone wants to stick their collective heads in the sand and ingnore what is going on with the officiating. I refer you to an article in today's IndyStar, Pacers Notebook, where the players practically repeated what I said in this thread about the lack of respect that the Pacers get. www.IndyStar.com

I'm shocked at Jermaine's comments. Maybe the league can start some kind of investigation.

streets ahead

they'll never do it, even publicly... they'll fine jermaine and darrell (for comments and chair kicking) david stern is so concerned with the image of the league... this isn't like the ball situation. this is about the integrity of the game. so nothing will happen as far as an investigation is concerned.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    LMAO. NJ would have to be crazier than DH and Ron Artest combined to do that deal.

We will either retrieve another bloated contract for Tinsley, or we will have to package quality to get a starter.
    You or anyone else can LYAO as much as you want, but I don't see Tinsley as the answer. Besides, I proposed DH and Tinsley as only part of a package for Kidd. I would think that there are a lot of Tinsley-lovers out there that would want him on their team. He's young and maybe there are people out there that will bite on the "he needs a fresh start" line. One more indescretion and he WILL need a fresh start, whether he is guilty of just being in the wrong place at the wrong time or not.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    You or anyone else can LYAO as much as you want, but I don't see Tinsley as the answer. Besides, I proposed DH and Tinsley as only part of a package for Kidd. I would think that there are a lot of Tinsley-lovers out there that would want him on their team. He's young and maybe there are people out there that will bite on the "he needs a fresh start" line. One more indescretion and he WILL need a fresh start, whether he is guilty of just being in the wrong place at the wrong time or not.
    I'm with you. Tinsley is not an answer to anything. That's why a team managed like NJ would never make the mistake of picking him up. But you're right, there is always another sucker.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersFan83 View Post
    Jameer Nelson
    Sergio Rodriguez
    Jose Calderon
    Sebastian Telfair or Rajan Rondo
    Mike James

I'll take any of them right now.
    All of those guys are a downgrade from Tinsley.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I'll gladly take Nelson, Calderon and even James for Tinsley. And I'm sure most of us would.
    Maceo Baston's #1 fan on Pacers Digest!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    All of those guys are a downgrade from Tinsley.
    Calderon shows impressive assist numbers in limited minutes. I think he'll be great next year then he adapts.