Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reggie Miller and Mark Jackson are Rick's Guests on The Rick Carlisle Show.....

Mood

Default Re: Reggie Miller and Mark Jackson are Rick's Guests on The Rick Carlisle Show.....

my edit:

Mark Jackson
    Reggie Miller
    Ron Artest
    Larry Bird
    Jermaine O'Neal

nufsed

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Reggie Miller and Mark Jackson are Rick's Guests on The Rick Carlisle Show.....

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do.

Jalen is exactly what we needed to get to the finals in 2000. What's a big reason that the Pacers never made it to the finals prior to 2000? Reggie never had another player to shoulder the scoring load with, and by the end of the ECF's, he was always exhausted. Jordan and Shaq always had Pip and Kobe who could put up alot of points. Reggie never had that until Jalen in 2000.

In 2000 the Pacers had something they had never had before: A player outside of Reggie who could also put up 20 a game in the playoffs. Being able to shoulder the scoring load with Jalen allowed Reggie to conserve energy and have major games to close series out, like the 41 point explosion against Milwaukee in game 5, or the 34 points to close the Knicks out.

Another legit 20 point scorer was the missing piece between 1994-1999. Smits had a beast playoff year in 1995, but that was it. In 2000, Jalen was finally that piece.

The guy was a huge reason this team got to the finals. Of course hardly anyone ever gives him credit for it. It's always about Reggie and Dale when you talk about that team.
    I agree completely. I have a friend that always tells me how "Jalen wasn't a winner" and other nonsense. Then I have to remind him that our only trip to the Finals was one where Reggie and Jalen both had an incredible Playoffs, and how important Jalen was in that.
    The NBA ... it's fannnnnnnnn-tastic! I LOVE this game!

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Slade View Post
    Mark Jackson tells Rick he has always dreamed of coaching , but he is only going to do it in a good situation. Not going to rush into a bad situation.. I hope someone recorded that, I just caught the end of the interivew ...
    Did Rick tell him he should put in his dues as an assistant coach? That's something I've heard Mark has been unwilling to do.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    Did Rick tell him he should put in his dues as an assistant coach? That's something I've heard Mark has been unwilling to do.
    Yeah? Where'd you hear that?

woman without a team

Kegboy heard it somewhere. I don't remember where.

What? No audio link?? Either you're slipping, MagicRat or I've been spoiled.

Quote Originally Posted by NuffSaid View Post
    What? No audio link?? Either you're slipping, MagicRat or I've been spoiled.

I have no idea if you're spoiled or not, but I can assure you I'm not slipping..............

(search the thread UB started)
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Yeah, the only reason Mark's not coaching is because he's only looking for an HC position. He could be an assistant pretty quick if he wanted to be.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!