Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reggie Miller and Mark Jackson are Rick's Guests on The Rick Carlisle Show.....

Default Reggie Miller and Mark Jackson are Rick's Guests on The Rick Carlisle Show.....

On right now.....
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Default Re: Reggie Miller and Mark Jackson are Rick's Guests on The Rick Carlisle Show.....

Are we planning to steal their DNA and clone them?

Default Re: Reggie Miller and Mark Jackson are Rick's Guests on The Rick Carlisle Show.....

Quote Originally Posted by maragin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are we planning to steal their DNA and clone them?
    What? You're not happy with the current crop of professional, classy, respectful, responsible, mature players we have had the last few years?

Mark Jackson tells Rick he has always dreamed of coaching , but he is only going to do it in a good situation. Not going to rush into a bad situation.. I hope someone recorded that, I just caught the end of the interivew ...

Why Not Us ?

What was all said?
    "I'd rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I am not".--Bushwick Bill

I hate it when has beens are guests.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

My breaking heart.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Mood

Mark Jackson
    Reggie Miller
    Danny Granger
    Troy Murphy
    Jermaine O'Neal

Now that would be an interesting bunch.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Mark Jackson
    Reggie Miller
    Danny Granger
    Troy Murphy
    Jermaine O'Neal

Now that would be an interesting bunch.

one edit to that lineup

Mark Jackson
    Reggie Miller
    Danny granger
    Jermaine O'Neal
    Rik Smits

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    Mark Jackson
    Reggie Miller
    Danny granger
    Jermaine O'Neal
    Rik Smits
    One edit to that lineup:

Mark Jackson
    Reggie Miller
    Danny Granger
    Jermaine O'Neal
    Dale Davis
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

2 edits to that line up:
    mark jackson
    reggie miller
    jalen rose
    rik smits
    dale davis

This line up would hypothetically be a beast
    then: adverb - at that time; at the time in question

than: conjunction & preposition - introducing the second element in a comparison

While we are dreaming how about
    Earvin Johnson
    Reggie Miller
    ScottiePippen
    JO
    Shaq

I bet we could win a few rings with that.

Depends what Ervin Johnson you're talking about

Sports Logo

I dont see how anyone could put Jalen ahead of Danny in any fantasy Pacer lineup.

That was fun to listen to those two guys on the show. Interesting points:
    -Reggie and Mark were talking about how players on most teams don't hold each other accountable very much anymore (get on each other for not working hard enough).
    -Reggie said near the end of the interview, "What is going on with our beloved Pacers, Rick. We have to ask!" Rick then brought up the "8 Seconds Saloon", making fun a little of what kind of place it is. Reggie was like "there's NO WAY we would have gone to a place with a name like that!" Interesting interview. Those two guys are class acts. They also said that it's a shame that Jamaal didn't get to play behind Mark, and Artest could have benefited from playing behind McKey, for instance. Some of these guys really could have used a mentor-like player . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    I dont see how anyone could put Jalen ahead of Danny in any fantasy Pacer lineup.
    I'd put Detlepf in front of both of them.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

my edit:
    Mark Jackson
    Reggie Miller
    Roger Brown
    George McGinnis
    Jermaine O'Neal

Make Alex English, Buse, Big Mel, and Neto fill out the 9 man clone rotation.

Tough to put a HOF guy on the bench, but Alex was just BARELY a Pacer.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by lafayettepacer View Post
    They also said that it's a shame that Jamaal didn't get to play behind Mark

I don't know if I will ever forgive them for letting Mark go. Just thinking of how much Jamaal would have benefited in his rookie year to be playing behind Mark, and how much fun it would have been to watch.

Please hire Mark as the coach PLEASE.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I do.

Jalen is exactly what we needed to get to the finals in 2000. What's a big reason that the Pacers never made it to the finals prior to 2000? Reggie never had another player to shoulder the scoring load with, and by the end of the ECF's, he was always exhausted. Jordan and Shaq always had Pip and Kobe who could put up alot of points. Reggie never had that until Jalen in 2000.

In 2000 the Pacers had something they had never had before: A player outside of Reggie who could also put up 20 a game in the playoffs. Being able to shoulder the scoring load with Jalen allowed Reggie to conserve energy and have major games to close series out, like the 41 point explosion against Milwaukee in game 5, or the 34 points to close the Knicks out.

Another legit 20 point scorer was the missing piece between 1994-1999. Smits had a beast playoff year in 1995, but that was it. In 2000, Jalen was finally that piece.

The guy was a huge reason this team got to the finals. Of course hardly anyone ever gives him credit for it. It's always about Reggie and Dale when you talk about that team.

I don't know if I will ever forgive them for letting Mark go. Just thinking of how much Jamaal would have benefited in his rookie year to be playing behind Mark, and how much fun it would have been to watch.

That has been my request for ahwile now. No slight to Carlisle but isn't he set up to go into the Front Office at some point anyway ? I would really like to see him get a chance at some point. I think he would be a natural ,but hey that's just my

Why Not Us ?

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Um, I think he was making a joke. I mean "hypothetically a beast" when it's just the 98-2000 lineup, nothing hypothetical about it. We know what they were like.

I took it as a joke about how the swapping was going right back to that lineup anyway as each person adjusted it.

Maybe limit it to TWO non-current Pacers with this roster in their prime, there's a challenge. I think Jax and Reggie are still your choices in that case.

When looking at recent games, it seems like DA is attempting to take JT under his wing, and tinsley has been playing well as of late. Too bad DA can't shadow him 24/7 to make sure he stays on the right track.

I'm hoping that this time around Tinsley just takes a deep breath and gets some of his priorities straight. I don't mind Jamaal, I think he's a good player when he wants to be, I'm just hoping that he wants to be a good player more often then not. If he can do that without the off-court issues then I'll be happy to have him as a Pacer. If he continues to put himself in bad situations and not give 100% on the court, then the front office should reconsider the long-term commitment they gave to him.

Edit:

Brooke Steppe
    Jim Thomas
    Bill Garnett
    Carlos Rogers
    Granville Waiters
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Quote Originally Posted by lafayettepacer View Post
    -Reggie said near the end of the interview, "What is going on with our beloved Pacers, Rick. We have to ask!" Rick then brought up the "8 Seconds Saloon", making fun a little of what kind of place it is. Reggie was like "there's NO WAY we would have gone to a place with a name like that!" Interesting interview. Those two guys are class acts.
    Right... they frequent places called "The Gold Club."

Interesting that Rick wants to talk about what happens off the floor, while Reggie and Mark want to talk about what's happening on the floor.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Best. Show. Ever.