Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tinsley and Daniels May Not Be Truthful In Their Story (per My Source)

Default Tinsley and Daniels May Not Be Truthful In Their Story (per My Source)

I have a source very close to this situation (not on the Pacers side) and I understand that there is video evidence from cell phones of people that were there as well as the prosecutor looking into this (and has some of the video evidence) to the point that the bar manager was given a subpoena and was required to make a sworn statement last night (Wednesday).

According to my source the bar manager was also contacted by Pacers top brass to set up a meeting to (assumedly) make this go away. These attempt included personal phone calls from Larry Bird among others. The prosecutor, however, beat them to punch (pardon the pun).

Now this is all heresay but I have a very reliable source who is close to the individuals involved. I hope that it is not true but if it is true can we trust the Pacers any more? Also, if Tinsley did threaten to kill the guy I don't want him playing for any team in my city.

Please don't kill the messenger-as I said it is only rumor and inuendo at this point. I didn't read all of the threads on this and topic but has anyone else heard this yet? If this is duplicate info I apologize.
    Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"
    To=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (two, too) do not apply.

Their=shows ownership-'it is their house'
    They're=they are
    There=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (their, they're) do not apply

Sorry but it bugs me when these are used incorrectly when I read posts on PacersDigest.com.

Default Re: Tinsley and Daniels May Not Be Truthful In Their Story (per My Source)

I'm going to be honest, when they interviewed Daniels in the locker room last night before the game and asked him about the incident, he had a very shady look on his face when he turned away from the camera. I hope it was nothing, but in the back of my mind, I don't know if I believe they're telling the truth. If they're not, then as much as I'd like to keep those two around, Carlisle and Co. need to stick to their word about holding players accountable for their actions.

Default Re: Tinsley and Daniels May Not Be Truthful In Their Story (per My Source)

What's the Shaggy song? "It Wasn't Me"

We got rid of bad apples like AJ. Pollard, James Jones, and Croshere and still have these problems. I'm shocked!

And I'm also shocked that the same people who lied after the Club Rio incident cannot be trusted to tell the truth now.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have withheld comment on this entire situation until the full truth comes out, but I can say this much:

If the players in question are innocent, then they should sue the bar manager for everything he's worth.

If the players in question are guilty, then they should be on the next bus outta town.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have withheld comment on this entire situation until the full truth comes out, but I can say this much:

If the players in question are innocent, then they should sue the bar manager for everything he's worth.

If the players in question are guilty, then they should be on the next bus outta town.
    That's exactly my position too in this "situation".

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    That's exactly my position too in this "situation".

Regards,

Mourning
    That's mine as well.

Err, I mean QFT

woman without a team

Legal fees wouldn't come close to being covered by the $1.95 the guy is worth.

Not to jump the gun, but if the camera shows that Tinsley and Daniels are innocent, I think we'd know that by now...

Quote Originally Posted by Ev_eezy View Post
    Not to jump the gun, but if the camera shows that Tinsley and Daniels are innocent, I think we'd know that by now...
    Yes, jumping the gun!

wasnt there statements saying Tinsley had a cut on his forehead from that night and yet he didnt have anything at the game

OK if Tinsley had punched the manager as claimed then I doubt he would have been able to handle the ball the way he did last night.

Second after all the scrapes that he has been involved in on and off the court he has never had a physical run in with anyone.

Remember the time he got Paul Pierce to throw an elbow during game 6 of a playoff series and we almost got a comeback win because of it?...Oh the good times...

Quote Originally Posted by Ev_eezy View Post
    Actually the story is that the camera phone items have Tinsley throwing punchs while there are four (4) other guys, including Daniels, McLeod, and two other guys involved with either holding him down or throwing punches, as well. No word if there is Tinsley threatening to kill him or not. Sad, sad, situation.

I guess the thing that bothers me most is the email I got from Pacers.com stating that the players denied this. If it is proven they lied then Pacers.com (and PS&EG) promoted lies, knowingly or unknowingly, regardless.

I hope that this is not true but I think we're all going to find that it is our worst fears in this situation.
    Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"
    To=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (two, too) do not apply.

Their=shows ownership-'it is their house'
    They're=they are
    There=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (their, they're) do not apply

Sorry but it bugs me when these are used incorrectly when I read posts on PacersDigest.com.

Damn right sir!

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    Remember the time he got Paul Pierce to throw an elbow during game 6 of a playoff series and we almost got a comeback win because of it?...Oh the good times...
    We did get a comeback win out of it! Pierce was ejected, and Carlisle picked Kendrick Perkins to shoot his free throws. Kendrick missed both, and we went to overtime, where we won the game.

Or is that my selective memory again?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

i wonder if we could even get a 2nd round pick for Tinsley...
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Quote Originally Posted by BigMac View Post
    According to my source the bar manager was also contacted by Pacers top brass to set up a meeting to (assumedly) make this go away. These attempt included personal phone calls from Larry Bird among others. The prosecutor, however, beat them to punch (pardon the pun).

Now this is all heresay but I have a very reliable source who is close to the individuals involved. I hope that it is not true but if it is true can we trust the Pacers any more?
    I can tell you from personal experience that the Pacer's brass will do everything and anything they can to cover for their players, so I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being true.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Quote Originally Posted by BigMac View Post

I guess the thing that bothers me most is the email I got from Pacers.com stating that the players denied this. If it is proven they lied then Pacers.com (and PS&EG) promoted lies, knowingly or unknowingly, regardless.
    Sending information about what someone said is hardly the same as promoting what they said. The way you are stating it, 'everyone' who says the players say they are innocent could be promoting lies. That's hardly the case. And just because the information was sent doesn't mean management is condoning it.

The information was sent no doubt to counteract all the people who are rushing to judgment. Management wouldn't be doing their job if they didn't remind people that the players are innocent until proven guilty. That being the case, it doesn't bother me at all that management is taking the stance they are.

Wait, Will, so say if an incident occurs, the accused comes to me and says that he/she didn't do it, and I keep his/her quote in writing. Then I proceed to make flyers with his/her statement that I place at the post office or the public library or wherever, and then I proceed to send a letter to everyone I know in th city that says "I just wanted you to know what this person said about his/her involvement in this incident". Are you telling me that I'm not promoting what they said? It sure seems like it to me!

The Pacers are doing the digital equivalent of this! Instead of a high-traffic real location like the post office, it's Pacers.com. Instead of sending out snail-mail to people, they send an email.

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    OK if Tinsley had punched the manager as claimed then I doubt he would have been able to handle the ball the way he did last night.

Second after all the scrapes that he has been involved in on and off the court he has never had a physical run in with anyone.
    Just because someone hits someone else, doesn't necessarily mean that they couldn't use their hand the next day. If you hit someone, and the majority of the energy is used on the "sweet spot" knuckles(pointer and middle finger), most of the time you won't break your knuckles. It's when people swing wildly and hit someone with their ring and pinky knuckles that they usually push back and subsequently break their knuckles.
    Also, I just posted the official police report, and the officer at the scene even states that JT's forehead was lacerated. (JT was wearing a navy blue headband at the game on Wednesday)
    "I'd rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I am not".--Bushwick Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Skipddr View Post
    Just because someone hits someone else, doesn't necessarily mean that they couldn't use their hand the next day. If you hit someone, and the majority of the energy is used on the "sweet spot" knuckles(pointer and middle finger), most of the time you won't break your knuckles. It's when people swing wildly and hit someone with their ring and pinky knuckles that they usually push back and subsequently break their knuckles.
    Also, I just posted the official police report, and the officer at the scene even states that JT's forehead was lacerated. (JT was wearing a navy blue headband at the game on Wednesday)
    It is remarks like this that make my hair rise and get me in an awfully foul mood.
    You are directing attention to a blatant lie (if it was stated that he was, which in this case it isn't) you just made up yourself.

1: the report says "may"
    2: the report is filed 36 hours after it "happened" and it is still (4 days later) unknown what the "injuries" were, no hospital records are available.
    3: Tinsley was interviewed after the game (and removed his headband also at the end of the game) and showed no signs of being injured, not a scratch.
    4: The entire report is "hearsay" and as a lawyer I could probably rip it apart so badly you'd be willing to summise that it was something completely different they you are reading.

Stay with the facts, not knowing them is not shameful, just wait and we'll learn.

THEN is it time to "judge".
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

I don't see how the facts will ever come out of it anymore than what people who were their will claim to have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I don't see how the facts will ever come out of it anymore than what people who were their will claim to have happened.
    Ok I'm in a hurry out of the door, but let me ask you one question:

If you are sitting on a vid of this, even on your phone, what would ESPN/station offer you for it ?
    What do you think you can get for it ?

If there are multiple, why not on youtube ?

Now take that answer, add it to the lack of hospital report, late filing of report (no wonder it broke late) and a few more "little intangibles" and then you tell me on whether you think you would ever get a conviction.

So what does it end up to be.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

I'm not trying to imply that there will ever be a conviction. Between lack of evidence and potentially the support of the Pacers, I think these players won't have any major legal trouble.

But I am saying that we won't TRULY know much more than we already do, unless video/pictures get out.

And sadly, whether they did it or not, it's believable that they did thanks to the Pacers new reputation established Nov. 2004.