Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why all the movement?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Why all the movement?

Maybe we should have a separate Pacer section for the coach haters or the Tinsley haters, the trade JO and start-over crowd section. We could have a separate section for the offense and the defense, post and wing forum. The Foster and DunDun can't shoot for **** section or the "Danny's the greatest ever and never does anything wrong" section. How about a "them darn pot smokers, I can tell by just looking" section.

It's either Pacer related or it's not, no need for more sections. Less sections overall would even be better.

My personal believe is management screwed the pooch and is to stubborn to admit it.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Unfortunately it's not as easy to rid the team of misbehaving players as it is to rid the main forum of topics about them.

This all still seems to me to be a case arising from: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

I'd prefer to come here, open the Pacer section and find all Pacer news and happenings that is worthy of discussion in one neat and tidy area.

Once you start siphoning off subjects (that are obviously relevant overall) then where do you draw the line? And how are posters supposed to know? There's no way this line can be clear. Not unless you really, really want to water down PD.

This idea of moving this stuff is a large mistake on several levels. I can understand not wanting to see it.... but it is what it is.

I'm not sure why what seems so obvious to several of us doesn't seem so obvious to everyone.

To do nothing and leave things as they were would've hurt nothing. Combining the threads was the answer if 'clutter' was really the objection. Count me among the disappointed in Pacers Digest right now.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Well said, Bball.

That's exactly how I feel as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well said, Bball.

That's exactly how I feel as well...
    Thanks...
    What has happened seems like a knee jerk reaction with no thoughts about long term.

Eventually the Pacer ship is going to get righted and yet we'd still have this sub forum creating confusion about what goes where and discouraging discussions for fear of it being in the wrong place.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    You can find the "public flogging" threads, "bash the President" and "Kill the Commies" threads all in the same "public interest" forum.
    I know about the others, but where can I find this "Kill the Commies" thread you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Bat Boy View Post
    I know about the others, but where can I find this "Kill the Commies" thread you speak of?

Feel free to start one; you can even quote McCarthy
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This all still seems to me to be a case arising from: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

I'd prefer to come here, open the Pacer section and find all Pacer news and happenings that is worthy of discussion in one neat and tidy area.

Once you start siphoning off subjects (that are obviously relevant overall) then where do you draw the line? And how are posters supposed to know? There's no way this line can be clear. Not unless you really, really want to water down PD.

This idea of moving this stuff is a large mistake on several levels. I can understand not wanting to see it.... but it is what it is.
    Well, I certainly wouldn't say I'm at all disapointed, and I suppose I don't see the reason for the off the court stuff to be moved....But what I actually do disagree with is all the nonsense, off-topic stuff in the Pacers Forum.

Why do we need threads called "Gilbert Arenas got p3wned", "Bulls beat Suns" and "Celts drop 18 straight" on the main forum?

No disrespect to whoever started those threads, and two of them are actually really of interest to me....But I just don't see why they would be on the main page, bumping threads of interest to many Pacer fans who don't have the time to scroll through Page 2, 3 or 4 of the main forum when they check in for 10 mins each day.

Just seems like all this should stay in the one "NBA Random Thoughts" thread, or all be put into a sub-forum called something like "Around the League" or something. Would also give people another place to go, and while it would probably result in some people posting more about other NBA things other than the Pacers, it could also be a good thing in that we don't have 16 "F*#@ Jamaal Tinsley" threads.

Just a thought.