Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why all the movement?

Hybrid View

Default Why all the movement?

I'm fairly new to PD and I was wondering why all the subject were being moved? If it's about the Pacers then I don't see point of not allowing it in the Pacers section? If this a place where you can go to talk Pacers, then you should be able to talk Pacers whether it's negative/positive, on-court/off-court. If it's about our team then why not have it in the Pacers section?

If any longtime members can help answer this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Why all the movement?

I'd also like to know..
    Thank you Jeff.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Evidently it's not basketball related.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

There's more movement because JO is sitting out.......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

The whole thread-moving endeavor seems to be pretty frivolous.

amazing!!!

Great!
    Thank you Jeff.

The last couple of years have brought much negativity. Some are kinda sick of it, including me. It appears many people still want to argue, **** and moan. The topics are still open for debate in politics. Those in charge just don't want the main board flooded with 50,000 "Tinsley's a thug", "What self respecting male adult is out after midnight", "Let's just cut these bozo's and play Dunleavy at the point and try to get Oden next year" threads. They've made it clear that the subject has been covered, beaten to death and there is nothing left to say about it, so don't start any more threads or they'll be moved to the least used forum on the board.

The funny part will be when this thread gets moved.

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    The funny part will be when this thread gets moved.
    ......to the Feedback forum!

I also, really, don't get it.

I thought the Pacers forum was for talking about anything related to the Pacers. It's not like this stuff would be posted in the "News & Politics" forum if it wasn't about the Pacers.....

I consume tiny briefs Robobtowncolt's Avatar

The article from pacers.com was probably politically motivated.
    Narf!

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

I want to discuss the Pacers but I have no idea where to do that anymore, so I'll just post about pop culture and Rush Limbaugh.

The players are still Pacers when they leave the court.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

I'd personally like to see well thought out trade scenarios (maybe voted on in the Trade Proposal Forum) moved to the main board.

Quote Originally Posted by maragin View Post
    I'd personally like to see well thought out trade scenarios (maybe voted on in the Trade Proposal Forum) moved to the main board.
    Not now, Not Ever, NEVER!
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

There has been an explanation on the why.
    This "scuffle" & subsequent public flogging of one of the involved players are "non-basketball-related".
    You can find the "public flogging" threads, "bash the President" and "Kill the Commies" threads all in the same "public interest" forum.

Myself, I would have moved them to either the "entertainment" forum or perhaps the Shoutbox.

The player's inherent or not so inherent skills on the court have nothing to do with their (absence) of social interaction skills and are not a job-requirement even though highly recommendable, we have however in the NBA a long history of individuals that had and have a hard time interacting "off the court".

In the end it becomes clear why there is a "public flogging" in the first place:
    This is not a democracy!
    The public is the jury and executioner in the case of the misled souls who are out at ungodly hours of the night on their day off, even if they were invited by their friends the Colts players.
    As far as the boards go, Hicks is the same as the public in the discussed case.

"News and Politics" is about correct, same place I found all the articles yesterday in the paper's sites. "local news".

From there it moved to "in other news" and the "sports" from there it moves to "bi-lines" in future article.

We are just working it the other way around

Mere coincidence that Tinsley-related threads are now being moved? What happened when Jack was being crucified on a daily basis for non-basketball reasons - we kept it in the Pacers forum.

I don't want to instigate, but if you want to support your boy Tinsley and thus move any controversial discussion about him away from the relevant forum, just give us all a straight explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post
    Mere coincidence that Tinsley-related threads are now being moved? What happened when Jack was being crucified on a daily basis for non-basketball reasons - we kept it in the Pacers forum.

I don't want to instigate, but if you want to support your boy Tinsley and thus move any controversial discussion about him away from the relevant forum, just give us all a straight explanation.
    You would be wise to read before you judge, and threaten or accuse ppl.

Banned

Well now, let me get this straight, is Tinsley a Pacer or not? Oh I get it, what he does in his free time is not job related and should not be on the Pacer board, give me a break, it has everything to do with his performance on the floor. If I recall during the Christmas season the Pacer board was full of long, long drawn out poems or stories about certain posters and they were not moved. Now don't get me wrong, I enjoyed those posts, but the double standard is blinding. If this is the way the PTP think a Pacer message board should be manipulated, they
    are way off base. Why not merge the several threads concerning the 8 Second Salon fight into one thread and let posters have their say? IMO, this board will be heading in the same direction as the Pacer attendance figures are, if this heavy handed approach continues.

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    You can find the "public flogging" threads, "bash the President" and "Kill the Commies" threads all in the same "public interest" forum.
    I know about the others, but where can I find this "Kill the Commies" thread you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Bat Boy View Post
    I know about the others, but where can I find this "Kill the Commies" thread you speak of?

Feel free to start one; you can even quote McCarthy

I moved the threads, not able. This was my "last straw" with Pacer-related "incidents".

Did you even bother to read my posts on the subject before making that post? I've explained it several times, but I'll do it again: It was not the case before, but this (most recent incident) was the last straw for me, so I made a call. It has nothing to do with the fact that it's Jamaal Tinsley. I want us to TRADE Jamaal Tinsley. I'm not doing this for him in any way, shape, or form.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Did you even bother to read my posts on the subject before making that post? I've explained it several times, but I'll do it again: It was not the case before, but this (most recent incident) was the last straw for me, so I made a call. It has nothing to do with the fact that it's Jamaal Tinsley. I want us to TRADE Jamaal Tinsley. I'm not doing this for him in any way, shape, or form.
    Yes I have taken the time to read your posts on the subject and I still disagree with you, but hey your are the boss and what I or other posters say,doesn't matter so I will keep my opinions to myself. I understand your frustrations and motivation in trying to keep the main Pacer board clean and sterile, but I think you are throwing out the baby with bath water.

I've read the explanation and all, but I still think this is silly. I can understand you don't want a zillion threads about the subject, but move everything? Like ALF said, usually we get one big thread about a controversial/popular subject, a good solution IMO.

Again, say this wasn't a Pacers board, would we then be talking about the incident as a "News & Politics" item? No. We talk about it 'cause it's about the Indiana Pacers, because we're all fans of the Indiana Pacers. And usually, we tend to talk about the Pacers in the Pacers forum.

Of course, it's not the end of the world. It's just that I don't understand this new rule at all.