Thread: Sooo...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Sooo...

:thepacers

PRE-TRADE: 20-18 (.526)
    POST-TRADE: 6-6 (.500)

PRE-TRADE: 19-20 (.487)
    POST-TRADE: 4-7 (.364)

Both teams are actually worse since the trade.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Default Re: Sooo...

long term we have a chance to be better off but not by much cause of Dunleavy and Murphy's contracts. Ike has a ways to go starting off with learning how to pass out of the double team would be a nice place to start his offensive game is great as well as his rebounding he just needs to learn what do in that situation. But yeah it's pretty bad right now, no defense, no offense...when are we supposed to cheer again?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    long term we have a chance to be better off but not by much cause of Dunleavy and Murphy's contracts. Ike has a ways to go starting off with learning how to pass out of the double team would be a nice place to start his offensive game is great as well as his rebounding he just needs to learn what do in that situation. But yeah it's pretty bad right now, no defense, no offense...when are we supposed to cheer again?
    This is what baffled me about the trade and continues to do so to this day. How are we supposed to put together a contender with a pair of Croshere contracts that still have five years left on each of them? Are we expecting Ike Diogu to be the savior?

It was still a very necessary and good trade.

However, no one in their right mind thought that the trade 3 and a half weeks ago was going to be the last trade that was needed, nor was it the "answer to all of our problems"

It was a step in the right direction. - but you have to start somewhere

I hope somehow we can get rid of one of those contracts. It's getting to the point to where problems are starting to overlap, if we were to make a trade do we trade away A good player + bad player or good player + bad contract? I think we're screwed for a long time to come, it'll be funny though in 2011-20012 when we can actually get cap relief when expiring contracts actually count for something in this league have 20 million in expiring contracts is pretty nice, but all the parts between now and then are going to be pretty awful I assume, and I don't think this poor franchise can deal with 6 more years of what it has gone with in only the past 3-4.

Ike should be playing more minutes WITH JO on the floor. JO relieves a lot of pressure on Ike and there will be less double teams. I believe they can not only co-exist, but can thrive together. But Ike needs experience.

Never thought i'd say this in a million years, but I want Dave to get more playing time. Someone in the trade proposal section supposedly "in the know" claims we're showcasing Tinsley. I'd much rather be showcasing Dave, is it not more easy to get someone to bite on a young 7 ft. guy who shows flashes of talent, than a pg who has a shadey history and an inconsistent shooter? Not to mention the fact that if we give up tinsley...who do we get to fill the role of Tinsley? Making a trade for the sake of a trade is not a good idea. Do 90% of the fanbase want Tinsley gone? Guaging these forums i'd say that's a pretty fair estimate. I want a definite upgrade, i'm tired of lateral movements.

Wow - BITE! Another incident involving DH?
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Making a trade for the sake of a trade is not a good idea.
    And yet, that's exactly what we just did.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    And yet, that's exactly what we just did.
    Absolutely, many people were applauding at getting rid of jack and I'm happy to be rid of him too, but I wasn't thrilled with taking on those contracts. I thought after Croshere they'd have learned to stay away from that kind of a situation, not only did they not learn they outdid themselves by taking on 2 croshere sized contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    It was still a very necessary and good trade.

However, no one in their right mind thought that the trade 3 and a half weeks ago was going to be the last trade that was needed, nor was it the "answer to all of our problems"

It was a step in the right direction. - but you have to start somewhere
    I totally agree. I didn't care if Jackson lit us up for 50 points the other night, I wanted him gone. And there was just as much a chance that he'd have gone 4-18. And after all that's gone on with him, we still got treated to him yapping at the refs. I've never been more fed up with a Pacer player. Same goes with Al...two years in the Atlanta purgatory didn't teach him a thing about teamwork and selflessness. And Sarunas...he mistakenly thinks it's the 'system' he's in that impedes his NBA success, when it's much simpler in reality, he lacks talent.

I see two, perhaps three cancers still on this team. Number one is Tinsley...shooting 24 and 26 times should never happen (especially when your % is in the 30's). Harrison is another...emotionally immature, unteachable, uncoachable. And then finally maybe Marquis...only because he obviously doesn't have good judgment when it comes to friends...one would have thought after Club Rio that he'd have figured out Tinsley wasn't someone to emulate on or off the court.

I see no scenario where we extend Harrison's rookie contract (unless it's for a trade)...and I can only hope that Tinsley gets dumped, even for an expiring contract.