Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Tinsley, Daniels, McLeod on the scene of bar scuffle; they deny involvement

Default Tinsley, Daniels, McLeod on the scene of bar scuffle; they deny involvement

Head on down to post #16

------

I'm listening to 99.5, and they affiliate with WRTV6. The Channel 6 weather man is a regular on their radio show, and he just said that the buzz in the newsroom is that there was a "major altercation involving the Pacers".

Said something about an arrest and the west side.

Stay tuned.

Default Re: Another major altercation involving the Pacers? (just heard on radio)

Looking at the AP newswire and nothing yet. Hopefully everyone left their gun at home.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Default Re: Another major altercation involving the Pacers? (just heard on radio)

I heard it on channel 6, but they gave no details. They said they would have more on it this afternoon. Supposedly there are injuries, but hopefully it is nothing major.

I know you have to blame the players to an extent, but why can't people leave them alone when they are out and about?

Odds are this is completely the player's fault unless they were just attacked by someone.

I was away from the radio, and as I came back a few minutes ago I heard the very tail-end of the weather man talking about it some more. Something about "at large" and I thought I heard "O'Neal". That doesn't mean that's who it is, just the name I thought I heard as I got within listening range.

With the bad weather it could be something as simple as a property damage accident. If it was really big I would think all the local media would be all over it.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Ok I know who this comes from, so I am less carefull but explain this to me:

No Indy site has the "news" except for a weather man on 6 ?

No national site have the news

And it happend last night or this morning ?

You do realize that there were mere minutes between the breaking news of th e shooting last time and the incident taking place?
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

The morning after the Club Rio incident it was big news and all over the media first thing in the morning. So this isn't as big as that.

If you're suggesting he's wrong, I highly doubt it. The guy's not a prankster. He's one of the local news channel's weather man, who also doubles as the one for this station in the mornings. I'd be shocked if he were making it up.

Beyond that, as you can see someone else has already seen it mentioned on the same local news station, only they saw it on TV.

It might not be a big deal, which would explain why there's not a lot of buzz. Keep in mind this is Indianapolis, and the Pacers are not a big story in the least right now, so I'm not surprised it's not being displayed at lightening speed.

I have little doubt something happened. It's just a matter of if it's significant. The only thing I bet he did wrong was use the word "major".

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok I know who this comes from, so I am less carefull but explain this to me:

No Indy site has the "news" except for a weather man on 6 ?

No national site have the news

And it happend last night or this morning ?

You do realize that there were mere minutes between the breaking news of th e shooting last time and the incident taking place?
    They made it sound like it happened late last night/early this morning. The broadcaster on channel 6 said they would have more throughout the day. He also stated that there may be injuries to one or some of the players. I wish they would just come out with it already.

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    With the bad weather it could be something as simple as a property damage accident. If it was really big I would think all the local media would be all over it.

Exactly.

Hopefully, it ain't too serious. Otherwise, this team is in absolutely huge trouble. You cannot trade the proclaimed headcase of the team and continue to get negative publicity.

Default Re: Another incident involving the Pacers? (just heard on radio)

Anyone want to bet it involves Tinsley?

OK I want to believe Hicks, I have all the reasons in the world to trust him, so let's say something was mentioned.
    Then why is it that I can't find anything on ANY Indy tv/radio website, paper-sites (5 different ones) about it?

Quote Originally Posted by bigrichard82 View Post
    (edited; wait till more news is available before hanging anyone pls)
    Ok....it was Tinsley in a scuffle with a bar manager over a coat check. 10am press conference by metro police. Can I have my post back now please?

They mentioned one last time about this on 99.5.

Said that it involves at least 1 of the Pacers, police report filed, may be injuries, more at noon, and he said, "It sounded big, unfortunately".

Now they're saying that wthr.com has a report that 4 Pacers, including Jamaal Tinsley, in a night-club scuffle.

Here's the first link per wthr.com

http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=6050815

Pacers involved in nightclub scuffle

Feb 7, 2007 10:11 AM

Steve Jefferson/Eyewitness News CrimeBeat Reporter

Indianapolis - Police say they are investigating a complaint from the Eight Second Saloon early Wednesday morning that involves four members of the Indiana Pacers.

According to preliminary reports, Jamaal Tinsley was at the center of a scuffle that involved the Pacers and the nightclub manager.

Witnesses say Tinsley argued with the manager when the players attempted to retrieve their coats from the coat check. The coats were misplaced and the argument escalated into a scuffle, according to police reports.

The Pacers host Seattle tonight.

Indianapolis Metropolitan Police will provide more details at a 10:00 a.m. news conference.

Watch Eyewitness News at noon for updates on this story.

Guess we might be losing Tinsley soon. I wonder how a place could lose their coats though. That's a big strange. Wonder who the other 3 Pacers were and what their involvement was.

Default Re: Jamaal Tinsley involved in new incident (link on post 16)

Doesn't sound too "big" to me

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersin6 View Post
    WISHTV.com has it up now. Tinsley and Marquise invloved in a fight with a worker at 8 second saloon
    Daniels again!?! Man....what next?

Im not good at linking stories, but check out the WISHTV article and alleged quote from Tinsley
    "If I tell you its Easter, you'd better hide eggs" - Peyton Manning to Marcus Pollard

Well this should quieten down all the Tinsley haters

Man if I were a Pacer player, the only place I'd go to would be JO's place.

seems that every other joint they visit wants to do "it's" thing to "rid us" of some players.

I still don't like the words scuffle and Pacers in the same sentence.

It was no Tinsley quote. It was the manager claiming that Tinsley had said.

No quotes from players and contradicting stories from the same manager, where did the thiefcome in?
    Changes it from "misplaced" as on the first site

Perhaps the manager had an idea of his own ?

http://wishtv.com/global/story.asp?s...Type=Printable

http://wishtv.com/global/story.asp?s...Type=Printable

Police: Pacers Players Involved in Fight

Feb 7, 2007 10:11 AM EST

INDIANAPOLIS - A fight broke out at the Eight Second Saloon, located at 111 N. Lynhurst Drive, early Tuesday morning that police say involved at least two members of the Indiana Pacers.

According to a report issued by the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department, a man was trying to steal fur coats from a coat check at the saloon when he assaulted a staff member. A scuffle ensued with the suspect and other staff members, drawing the attention of patrons at the saloon.

The manager told police he approached Pacers player Jamaal Tinsley and told him the fight did not involve him or his party. At this time, the manager said Tinsley became hostile towards him and that Jeremy King, another member of the party, shoved the manager.

According to the report, the manager said Tinsley told him, "I guess you don't know who I am. I will ******' kill you," and then Tinsley struck him with a closed fist on the left side of his head. King and Marquis Daniels, another Pacers player, then began to strike the manager, according to the police report.

When the fight escalated outside of the saloon, it drew the attention of IMPD officers working off-duty employment, parking lot security.

Pacers player Keith McCleod was also at the saloon, but the manager said he could not recall whether or not he was involved in the fight.

No Pacers players were arrested during the incident.

The suspect who was reportedly trying to steal the fur coats was unable to be found during the fight.