Announcement

Collapse

The Rules of Pacers Digest

Hello everyone,

Whether your are a long standing forum member or whether you have just registered today, it's a good idea to read and review the rules below so that you have a very good idea of what to expect when you come to Pacers Digest.

A quick note to new members: Your posts will not immediately show up when you make them. An administrator has to approve at least your first post before the forum software will later upgrade your account to the status of a fully-registered member. This usually happens within a couple of hours or so after your post(s) is/are approved, so you may need to be a little patient at first.

Why do we do this? So that it's more difficult for spammers (be they human or robot) to post, and so users who are banned cannot immediately re-register and start dousing people with verbal flames.

Below are the rules of Pacers Digest. After you have read them, you will have a very good sense of where we are coming from, what we expect, what we don't want to see, and how we react to things.

Rule #1

Pacers Digest is intended to be a place to discuss basketball without having to deal with the kinds of behaviors or attitudes that distract people from sticking with the discussion of the topics at hand. These unwanted distractions can come in many forms, and admittedly it can sometimes be tricky to pin down each and every kind that can rear its ugly head, but we feel that the following examples and explanations cover at least a good portion of that ground and should at least give people a pretty good idea of the kinds of things we actively discourage:

"Anyone who __________ is a liar / a fool / an idiot / a blind homer / has their head buried in the sand / a blind hater / doesn't know basketball / doesn't watch the games"

"People with intelligence will agree with me when I say that __________"

"Only stupid people think / believe / do ___________"

"I can't wait to hear something from PosterX when he/she sees that **insert a given incident or current event that will have probably upset or disappointed PosterX here**"

"He/she is just delusional"

"This thread is stupid / worthless / embarrassing"

"I'm going to take a moment to point and / laugh at PosterX / GroupOfPeopleY who thought / believed *insert though/belief here*"

"Remember when PosterX said OldCommentY that no longer looks good? "

In general, if a comment goes from purely on topic to something 'ad hominem' (personal jabs, personal shots, attacks, flames, however you want to call it, towards a person, or a group of people, or a given city/state/country of people), those are most likely going to be found intolerable.

We also dissuade passive aggressive behavior. This can be various things, but common examples include statements that are basically meant to imply someone is either stupid or otherwise incapable of holding a rational conversation. This can include (but is not limited to) laughing at someone's conclusions rather than offering an honest rebuttal, asking people what game they were watching, or another common problem is Poster X will say "that player isn't that bad" and then Poster Y will say something akin to "LOL you think that player is good". We're not going to tolerate those kinds of comments out of respect for the community at large and for the sake of trying to just have an honest conversation.

Now, does the above cover absolutely every single kind of distraction that is unwanted? Probably not, but you should by now have a good idea of the general types of things we will be discouraging. The above examples are meant to give you a good feel for / idea of what we're looking for. If something new or different than the above happens to come along and results in the same problem (that being, any other attitude or behavior that ultimately distracts from actually just discussing the topic at hand, or that is otherwise disrespectful to other posters), we can and we will take action to curb this as well, so please don't take this to mean that if you managed to technically avoid saying something exactly like one of the above examples that you are then somehow off the hook.

That all having been said, our goal is to do so in a generally kind and respectful way, and that doesn't mean the moment we see something we don't like that somebody is going to be suspended or banned, either. It just means that at the very least we will probably say something about it, quite possibly snipping out the distracting parts of the post in question while leaving alone the parts that are actually just discussing the topics, and in the event of a repeating or excessive problem, then we will start issuing infractions to try to further discourage further repeat problems, and if it just never seems to improve, then finally suspensions or bans will come into play. We would prefer it never went that far, and most of the time for most of our posters, it won't ever have to.

A slip up every once and a while is pretty normal, but, again, when it becomes repetitive or excessive, something will be done. Something occasional is probably going to be let go (within reason), but when it starts to become habitual or otherwise a pattern, odds are very good that we will step in.

There's always a small minority that like to push people's buttons and/or test their own boundaries with regards to the administrators, and in the case of someone acting like that, please be aware that this is not a court of law, but a private website run by people who are simply trying to do the right thing as they see it. If we feel that you are a special case that needs to be dealt with in an exceptional way because your behavior isn't explicitly mirroring one of our above examples of what we generally discourage, we can and we will take atypical action to prevent this from continuing if you are not cooperative with us.

Also please be aware that you will not be given a pass simply by claiming that you were 'only joking,' because quite honestly, when someone really is just joking, for one thing most people tend to pick up on the joke, including the person or group that is the target of the joke, and for another thing, in the event where an honest joke gets taken seriously and it upsets or angers someone, the person who is truly 'only joking' will quite commonly go out of his / her way to apologize and will try to mend fences. People who are dishonest about their statements being 'jokes' do not do so, and in turn that becomes a clear sign of what is really going on. It's nothing new.

In any case, quite frankly, the overall quality and health of the entire forum's community is more important than any one troublesome user will ever be, regardless of exactly how a problem is exhibiting itself, and if it comes down to us having to make a choice between you versus the greater health and happiness of the entire community, the community of this forum will win every time.

Lastly, there are also some posters, who are generally great contributors and do not otherwise cause any problems, who sometimes feel it's their place to provoke or to otherwise 'mess with' that small minority of people described in the last paragraph, and while we possibly might understand why you might feel you WANT to do something like that, the truth is we can't actually tolerate that kind of behavior from you any more than we can tolerate the behavior from them. So if we feel that you are trying to provoke those other posters into doing or saying something that will get themselves into trouble, then we will start to view you as a problem as well, because of the same reason as before: The overall health of the forum comes first, and trying to stir the pot with someone like that doesn't help, it just makes it worse. Some will simply disagree with this philosophy, but if so, then so be it because ultimately we have to do what we think is best so long as it's up to us.

If you see a problem that we haven't addressed, the best and most appropriate course for a forum member to take here is to look over to the left of the post in question. See underneath that poster's name, avatar, and other info, down where there's a little triangle with an exclamation point (!) in it? Click that. That allows you to report the post to the admins so we can definitely notice it and give it a look to see what we feel we should do about it. Beyond that, obviously it's human nature sometimes to want to speak up to the poster in question who has bothered you, but we would ask that you try to refrain from doing so because quite often what happens is two or more posters all start going back and forth about the original offending post, and suddenly the entire thread is off topic or otherwise derailed. So while the urge to police it yourself is understandable, it's best to just report it to us and let us handle it. Thank you!

All of the above is going to be subject to a case by case basis, but generally and broadly speaking, this should give everyone a pretty good idea of how things will typically / most often be handled.

Rule #2

If the actions of an administrator inspire you to make a comment, criticism, or express a concern about it, there is a wrong place and a couple of right places to do so.

The wrong place is to do so in the original thread in which the administrator took action. For example, if a post gets an infraction, or a post gets deleted, or a comment within a larger post gets clipped out, in a thread discussing Paul George, the wrong thing to do is to distract from the discussion of Paul George by adding your off topic thoughts on what the administrator did.

The right places to do so are:

A) Start a thread about the specific incident you want to talk about on the Feedback board. This way you are able to express yourself in an area that doesn't throw another thread off topic, and this way others can add their two cents as well if they wish, and additionally if there's something that needs to be said by the administrators, that is where they will respond to it.

B) Send a private message to the administrators, and they can respond to you that way.

If this is done the wrong way, those comments will be deleted, and if it's a repeating problem then it may also receive an infraction as well.

Rule #3

If a poster is bothering you, and an administrator has not or will not deal with that poster to the extent that you would prefer, you have a powerful tool at your disposal, one that has recently been upgraded and is now better than ever: The ability to ignore a user.

When you ignore a user, you will unfortunately still see some hints of their existence (nothing we can do about that), however, it does the following key things:

A) Any post they make will be completely invisible as you scroll through a thread.

B) The new addition to this feature: If someone QUOTES a user you are ignoring, you do not have to read who it was, or what that poster said, unless you go out of your way to click on a link to find out who it is and what they said.

To utilize this feature, from any page on Pacers Digest, scroll to the top of the page, look to the top right where it says 'Settings' and click that. From the settings page, look to the left side of the page where it says 'My Settings', and look down from there until you see 'Edit Ignore List' and click that. From here, it will say 'Add a Member to Your List...' Beneath that, click in the text box to the right of 'User Name', type in or copy & paste the username of the poster you are ignoring, and once their name is in the box, look over to the far right and click the 'Okay' button. All done!

Rule #4

Regarding infractions, currently they carry a value of one point each, and that point will expire in 31 days. If at any point a poster is carrying three points at the same time, that poster will be suspended until the oldest of the three points expires.

Rule #5

When you share or paste content or articles from another website, you must include the URL/link back to where you found it, who wrote it, and what website it's from. Said content will be removed if this doesn't happen.

An example:

If I copy and paste an article from the Indianapolis Star website, I would post something like this:

http://www.linktothearticlegoeshere.com/article
Title of the Article
Author's Name
Indianapolis Star

Rule #6

We cannot tolerate illegal videos on Pacers Digest. This means do not share any links to them, do not mention any websites that host them or link to them, do not describe how to find them in any way, and do not ask about them. Posts doing anything of the sort will be removed, the offenders will be contacted privately, and if the problem becomes habitual, you will be suspended, and if it still persists, you will probably be banned.

The legal means of watching or listening to NBA games are NBA League Pass Broadband (for US, or for International; both cost money) and NBA Audio League Pass (which is free). Look for them on NBA.com.

Rule #7

Provocative statements in a signature, or as an avatar, or as the 'tagline' beneath a poster's username (where it says 'Member' or 'Administrator' by default, if it is not altered) are an unwanted distraction that will more than likely be removed on sight. There can be shades of gray to this, but in general this could be something political or religious that is likely going to provoke or upset people, or otherwise something that is mean-spirited at the expense of a poster, a group of people, or a population.

It may or may not go without saying, but this goes for threads and posts as well, particularly when it's not made on the off-topic board (Market Square).

We do make exceptions if we feel the content is both innocuous and unlikely to cause social problems on the forum (such as wishing someone a Merry Christmas or a Happy Easter), and we also also make exceptions if such topics come up with regards to a sports figure (such as the Lance Stephenson situation bringing up discussions of domestic abuse and the law, or when Jason Collins came out as gay and how that lead to some discussion about gay rights).

However, once the discussion seems to be more/mostly about the political issues instead of the sports figure or his specific situation, the thread is usually closed.

Rule #8

We prefer self-restraint and/or modesty when making jokes or off topic comments in a sports discussion thread. They can be fun, but sometimes they derail or distract from a topic, and we don't want to see that happen. If we feel it is a problem, we will either delete or move those posts from the thread.

Rule #9

Generally speaking, we try to be a "PG-13" rated board, and we don't want to see sexual content or similarly suggestive content. Vulgarity is a more muddled issue, though again we prefer things to lean more towards "PG-13" than "R". If we feel things have gone too far, we will step in.

Rule #10

We like small signatures, not big signatures. The bigger the signature, the more likely it is an annoying or distracting signature.

Rule #11

Do not advertise anything without talking about it with the administrators first. This includes advertising with your signature, with your avatar, through private messaging, and/or by making a thread or post.
See more
See less

Odd thoughts from the Warriors game....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd thoughts from the Warriors game....

If I never see Jamaal Tinsley play again it will still be to soon. In my entire life I've never rooted for a bout of sinusitis as I did during that game.

I don't care if he scored 100 points & threw out 33 assists, that still was the most selfish basketball I've seen since way back when I used to watch World B. Free jack up jumpers for the Clippers.

He made Stephon Marburry seem like Mark Price.

Not only was his play God awfull but I got to see two instances of Artestism from him. Two times he lost the ball, for whatever reason, & he would go up & pin the guy in the corner & intentionally foul him. Both times leaving his elbows inches away from the other players nose. Sorry, but that's as close to a cheap shot as you can get without giving a cheap shot.

By midway through the first half the other players just stopped moving. Because Jamaal Iverson was either going to do some wild driving layup or he was going to throw it to Jermaine. Oh yes they would get some passes off of a broken drive but that was more because Jamaal could not get his shot up, not because they were in good spots to shoot.

I started noticing this about three games ago. You remember when the trade first occured? Dunleavy & Murphy were in constan motion moving from one side to the other? (mostly Dun) Remember how we had great ball movement leading to good shots?

That all has pretty much gone away because now the new guys have learned the one page play book that we have. Oh it may be complicated & maybe we don't hit the right spots on the floor but I assure the play book still says one thing.

Get the ball in the post & everybody else go stand on the opposite side for a clear out, assuming the p.g. does not have a shot he does not like (tonight there was no such thing).

The motion has slowed way down & we've gone back to the worlds most boring & predictable offense.

Now in fairness to the others I will say this. Dunleavy has got to start hitting some shots or at very least start going to the rim more often than he does. His open jump shots that draw nothing but air will just not do. He is not a shooter & has never been, but he has got to do better than this.

I have an honest question for anybody to answer because I do not have a clue the real answer to this.

Do we run any plays for anybody else to be the primary option other than J.O.?

I don't mean some end of the quarter or end of game where the p.g. dribbles down the clock & hopes to get something.

I mean do we have a play that calls for getting Danny Granger the ball at spot X on the floor for a shot? Or do we have a play where we run a pick so Rawle Marshal can get something?

I know for years they haven't ran a single play for Foster, other than the occasional P&R, but do they have to extend that to Murphy as well?

Seems to me like the only time the guy will touch the ball is if he gets an offensive rebound or if J.O. hits him from the post (I know he has to touch the ball other times but d@mn it doesn't seem like it).

This problem I don't blame on O'Neal or Tinsley. IMO, this is a product of Rick Carlisle's coaching style. Remember Ben Wallace's main complaint with Rick when he left was that he had zero plays ran for him, none. He was only able to get a shot up after a rebound or a broken play.

Now obviously with Ben's offensive ability's one can understand why this is, but Troy isn't Ben.

I'm still basking in the sunshine of the trade, however I see the dark clouds coming from the west & they have the same old clouds we've seen before.

I understand that O'Neal will get most of the touches, that is to be expected. I even understand that since we were lucky enough to get Iverson in that deal with Philly that he will also probably take up a few shots a game.

But we have got to spread the floor more. If we are saying that those two must score big for us to win then I have to question our overall ability. I'd much rather all five guys starting be in double figures then just two of them reaching the 20 point margin.

Ok, I've said enough negative let's just move on from here & see if we can't find something positive.

Um.....

Well......

Hmmmmm.....

Armstrong brought energy to the floor.

There that's about as positive from this game I can take.

Ok, now it's confession time.

Am I the only person in the state of Indiana who is not a Bears fan who felt depressed when the Colts won the title?

Man it hit me hard when they won that we will never be able to see those teams from the late 90's win it all.

For years & years now this town will care nothing for the Pacers & it will all be about the Colts. Not like it wasn't that already but now it's firmly locked into place.

I've never felt more like a second class citizen than I have the last two days.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for you guys & I'm happy for the state.

But frankly this should have been our team in 99 or 00 holding up the Larry O'Brien trophy.

It should be Reggie Miller that brought home the title back to Indiana.

At the very least the guy on CBS did make referance to our ABA titles, but sadly that is little comfort for those of us to young to remember that.

Man ABAdays, Geezer, Will, Beast23, AlabamaRedneck, etc. cherish those title days guys cause I feel as though we are as far away from that as we were back in the 80's. No I'm not comparing this to the 80's team I'm just saying right now, to me, it feels decades away.

It didn't help that the people sitting behind me during the game kept making comment about how they didn't care about the Pacers, they were just glad that players they weren't ashamed of represented the city. Oh & they can't wait for baseball season to begin.

Have we sunk so low in the NBA that people acutally want baseball to begin?

D@mn, I am depressed. That game was horrid, the weather sucks & I've been working my @ss off lately at my one job while starting up an entire new company in my off time.

I still believe that this trade was good & ultimately it will help our club, but the offense I've seen the past three games has me less excited each day.

Can anybody cheer me up?

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Re: Odd thoughts from the Warriors game....

We still have won 7 of our past 10 games right? Jack played a near perfect game? We just had an off night? Deep breaths Peck, Deep breaths. I can think of one play we run for Granger where he runs baseline and then curls around for a mid range jumper.

Comment

Peck: you saw the same game I watched. I think some of the other posters in here was watching another game in which the good Tinsley played. I couldn't find that one on TV anywhere.

I'm glad Jackson showed us what we have missed since the trade.

Comment

I'm waiting until Feb. 22, at 3 p.m. to complain.

Comment

Originally posted by Peck View Post

Am I the only person in the state of Indiana who is not a Bears fan who felt depressed when the Colts won the title?

Man it hit me hard when they won that we will never be able to see those teams from the late 90's win it all.

For years & years now this town will care nothing for the Pacers & it will all be about the Colts. Not like it wasn't that already but now it's firmly locked into place.

But frankly this should have been our team in 99 or 00 holding up the Larry O'Brien trophy.

At the very least the guy on CBS did make referance to our ABA titles, but sadly that is little comfort for those of us to young to remember that.

It didn't help that the people sitting behind me during the game kept making comment about how they didn't care about the Pacers, they were just glad that players they weren't ashamed of represented the city. Oh & they can't wait for baseball season to begin.

Have we sunk so low in the NBA that people acutally want baseball to begin?

I still believe that this trade was good & ultimately it will help our club, but the offense I've seen the past three games has me less excited each day.

Can anybody cheer me up?

I'll get to the Pacers offense a little later.

Peck, I feel the exact same way as you do in regards to the Colts winning. You took the words right out of my mouth. I was afraid to actually post that because I didn't want to ruin anyones excitement over winning the Super Bowl. And yes I was a little teed off that the victory parade was on at the exact same time as the Pacers game last night.

How many times do the Pacers change the times for their games as not to interfere with Colts games - it has happened several times over the years, and the pre-season open jam fest is always scheduled around the Colts games. I suppose that is good business sense by the Pacers, but seems to me the Pacers are always second class citizens. First the Colts get all the attention through at least the beginning of January, then IU and the NCAA gets all the attention from now through Final Four and then the "500" rolls into town and once again the Pacers are second.

There were times over the past 2 weeks of Super Bowl hype that I thought I was going to get sick.

Ok enough of that, I'm still glad the Colts won but it is a little like your best friend marrying your ex-girlfriend. You might be happy for them, but you think it should have been you on the altar.

Edit: I need to stop before some of you hate me. But did schools and businesses close in 2000 when the Pacers were in the NBA Finals - not that I know of. (yes I know the Finals are in June and schools are out).

Mark Montieth makes a great point in this column here. If you ask young people in central Indiana if they are Colts fans or Pacers fans. (Ok with the Super Bowl just ending, ask this question 3 or 4 weeks ago) And by young people I mean those in High school and college age - 15-22. Right now I would guess 75% or 80% at least would say Colts fans. But if you asked this same question in 2000 - 7 years ago, I would guess 60% or so would say Pacers fans first. That is a huge shift that will take years for any change to take place. Probably not until Manning retires

http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsider/

A new definition of hysteria?
          Posted by Mark Montieth

It sounds like blasphemy at first, but the ring of truth is undeniable.

Will the Colts? Super Bowl victory be a fatal blow to Indiana?s reputation as a ?basketball state?? Will Hoosier Hysteria become what happens in a domed football stadium on Sunday afternoons and Monday nights?

That?s a painful concept for someone like me, a baby-boomer who grew up in Indiana. But you have to wonder. An entire generation of fans is coming up in an era when the NFL reigns supreme over the nation?s sporting landscape, and the Colts are among the elite teams in the NFL.

If tens of thousands of fans are willing to brave sub-freezing temperatures to stand alongside Downtown streets for two hours to catch a glimpse of the players, you have to figure something is up. If that isn?t hysteria, what is?

Basketball won?t go away, of course. The Pacers are a consistent playoff team and seemingly headed in the right direction again. So are the programs at Indiana, Purdue and Notre Dame. Butler has captured the nation?s interest with a Top Ten ranking, and I don?t think they?ll be tearing down Hinkle Fieldhouse any time soon to build a new football stadium for the Bulldogs.

But the high school tournament, once the state?s athletic claim to fame, has been diluted four times over. Kids today aren?t falling in love with it at the grassroots level like my generation did, and probably couldn?t tell Bobby Plump from Oscar Robertson.

And, starting Monday, most sports fans in other parts of the country probably would say they think of the Colts first when asked about Indiana?s sporting traditions.

Basketball faces obstacles these days, because it requires an attention span. The NFL is easy. Just one game a week, usually on a weekend. Always on television. Nearly every play is replayed so you don?t have to pay close attention. A lot of hype. Violent, too.

In other words, perfect for today?s culture.

Indiana still produces far more elite basketball players than football players, but many more days like Sunday and you have to wonder which sport kids will grow up wanting to play.

Time marches on. Sometimes institutions are trampled.

Just count me out of that parade.

Comment

If I never see Jamaal Tinsley play again it will still be to soon. In my entire life I've never rooted for a bout of sinusitis as I did during that game.

I don't care if he scored 100 points & threw out 33 assists, that still was the most selfish basketball I've seen since way back when I used to watch World B. Free jack up jumpers for the Clippers.

He made Stephon Marburry seem like Mark Price.

Not only was his play God awfull but I got to see two instances of Artestism from him. Two times he lost the ball, for whatever reason, & he would go up & pin the guy in the corner & intentionally foul him. Both times leaving his elbows inches away from the other players nose. Sorry, but that's as close to a cheap shot as you can get without giving a cheap shot.

By midway through the first half the other players just stopped moving. Because Jamaal Iverson was either going to do some wild driving layup or he was going to throw it to Jermaine. Oh yes they would get some passes off of a broken drive but that was more because Jamaal could not get his shot up, not because they were in good spots to shoot.

I started noticing this about three games ago. You remember when the trade first occured? Dunleavy & Murphy were in constan motion moving from one side to the other? (mostly Dun) Remember how we had great ball movement leading to good shots?

That all has pretty much gone away because now the new guys have learned the one page play book that we have. Oh it may be complicated & maybe we don't hit the right spots on the floor but I assure the play book still says one thing.

Get the ball in the post & everybody else go stand on the opposite side for a clear out, assuming the p.g. does not have a shot he does not like (tonight there was no such thing).

The motion has slowed way down & we've gone back to the worlds most boring & predictable offense.

Now in fairness to the others I will say this. Dunleavy has got to start hitting some shots or at very least start going to the rim more often than he does. His open jump shots that draw nothing but air will just not do. He is not a shooter & has never been, but he has got to do better than this.

I have an honest question for anybody to answer because I do not have a clue the real answer to this.

Do we run any plays for anybody else to be the primary option other than J.O.?

I don't mean some end of the quarter or end of game where the p.g. dribbles down the clock & hopes to get something.

I mean do we have a play that calls for getting Danny Granger the ball at spot X on the floor for a shot? Or do we have a play where we run a pick so Rawle Marshal can get something?

I know for years they haven't ran a single play for Foster, other than the occasional P&R, but do they have to extend that to Murphy as well?

Seems to me like the only time the guy will touch the ball is if he gets an offensive rebound or if J.O. hits him from the post (I know he has to touch the ball other times but d@mn it doesn't seem like it).

This problem I don't blame on O'Neal or Tinsley. IMO, this is a product of Rick Carlisle's coaching style. Remember Ben Wallace's main complaint with Rick when he left was that he had zero plays ran for him, none. He was only able to get a shot up after a rebound or a broken play.

Now obviously with Ben's offensive ability's one can understand why this is, but Troy isn't Ben.

I'm still basking in the sunshine of the trade, however I see the dark clouds coming from the west & they have the same old clouds we've seen before.

I understand that O'Neal will get most of the touches, that is to be expected. I even understand that since we were lucky enough to get Iverson in that deal with Philly that he will also probably take up a few shots a game.

But we have got to spread the floor more. If we are saying that those two must score big for us to win then I have to question our overall ability. I'd much rather all five guys starting be in double figures then just two of them reaching the 20 point margin.
            I read your sentence about us getting Iverson 3 times and I couldn't figure what you were talking about and then it hit me - Tinsley.

I agree with you about Tinsley's game - it disgusted me. And it disgusts me that Rick allowed him to play that way. Although I think Rick would like to play DA more but it scared to because he we lose him, the pacers are in real trouble. I continue to believe that Rick isn't stupid enough to want JT to take all those bad shots.

Peck, from what I know the Pacers playbook is one of the thickest in the NBA - although I also understand that Rick has cut it way back to help get the new guys acclimated.

This is what I saw last night - the Pacers ran a lot of pick and rolls with JT and Murph - but JT was reluctant to pass the ball to him. Tinsley is dominating the ball. Peck, look at how different the Pacers look when DA is in the game - DA moves the ball and gets others involved. So at this time I blame Tinsley although I will blame Rick for not benching him last night .

I've seen the Pacers run plays for Granger and Dunleavy for both to run off picks to get open shots, I see some of the same plays we used to run for Reggie.

Comment

Man ABAdays, Geezer, Will, Beast23, AlabamaRedneck, etc. cherish those title days guys cause I feel as though we are as far away from that as we were back in the 80's. No I'm not comparing this to the 80's team I'm just saying right now, to me, it feels decades away.

Can anybody cheer me up?
              I will always be a Pacers fan first, but I've had a smile on my face since Sunday. There's always room for two Indiana teams in my heart.

Probably nothing I can say to cheer you up friend, but you can be happy for DiamondD who get's to see an Indy championship in his lifetime.
              You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Comment

I agree completely with the assessment of Tinsley and the offense in general. It's sickening. And it's on Rick's head for either implementing it or not dealing with it if it's Tinsley's fault. The only thing worse than being a bad team is being a boring bad team. That's what we were last night. Bad and very boring.

As for the Colts, I'm not the biggest Colts fan compared to the others around here, but I did/do enjoy it and to the complaints about the Pacers being second class I can only say this: The Colts earned what they have by their play on the field and lack of controversy. They EARNED this. The Pacers, likewise, have earned what they are right now.

Now, as a Pacers fan above all other teams, I don't like this fact, but I do see and accept that fact. I just want it to change.

Comment

Originally posted by Unclebuck View Post
                  I agree with you about Tinsley's game - it disgusted me. And it disgusts me that Rick allowed him to play that way. Although I think Rick would like to play DA more but it scared to because he we lose him, the pacers are in real trouble. I continue to believe that Rick isn't stupid enough to want JT to take all those bad shots.
                  I keep saying wait until the trade deadline because I hope Tinsley is out of here by then. However, I'm afraid the Pacers are stuck with him.

The thing that really disgusts me about Tinsley is he could make it work. Tinsley has the handles, he can make the passes, but he's just like Al was, he wants to be a STAR!

I think he wants to be Nash.

The thing is with Nash, he makes stars out of his teammates, so they make a star out of him. Tinsley doesn't have the sense to recognize the value of that.

Comment

We can talk about and complain about the Pacers offense all we want, but that was not the only problem last night - the pacers looked like they were running in quiksand, they had no energy. That was the biggest problem.

And before we start complaining too loudly about Dunleavy's shooting. He did have 13 rebounds and 7 assists last night - that is impressive regardless of how many shots he missed.

It is interesting to read Warriors fans comments in regards to Tinsley - and keep in mind they've been watching Baron Davis for awhile now.

http://realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.p...18532&start=72

Comment

Originally posted by Hicks View Post
                      I agree completely with the assessment of Tinsley and the offense in general. It's sickening. And it's on Rick's head for either implementing it or not dealing with it if it's Tinsley's fault.
                      If Tins can't be dealt by the trade deadline I look for things to change. Right now I think they are letting him play his way and are making the most of it to try and up whatever value he has.

Comment

Originally posted by Unclebuck
                        We can talk about and complain about the Pacers offense all we want, but that was not the only problem last night - the pacers looked like they were running in quiksand, they had no energy. That was the biggest problem.
                        They weren't moving. Yes the ball goes in to JO, but he can't pass if he has no one to pass to. JO wasn't very fast at looking to free himself from double teams either.

You know what just occurred to me? I think the team was hung over from Superbowl partying.

Comment

Well, I went with the kids and grand kids to the Dome, instead of the game. And, I am, no doubt, a Pacers fan first.

Why?

Bottom line for me: Outstanding performance and doing things the right way deserves a show of respect from a fan. It was fun for me, but nearly not as much fun as if I'd been celebrating a Pacers NBA championship.

My feelings aside, though, celebrating a Super Bowl win and saluting their heroes is where the kids wanted to be. And who am I to argue, especially when the price was right.

As to feeling that the Colts deliberately disrespected the Pacers...I don't think so.

Just because there was a Pacers home game, was the team supposed to hide in Miami for another day before returning home to be welcomed by fans, formally and informally? Nah.

C'mon, the fans wanted this celebration now, not later, and I'm sure the players wanted to move on with their lives. The Pacers will get through it, if they put a good product on the floor. On the other hand, if it goes like last night on the floor at Conseco, I expect empty seats to continue to abound for awhile.

Lots more to say on this subject. The cost of supporting an NBA team now; the popularity of the NFL; Frequency of games; Bandwagon fans, etc. But, what've I written is more than enough.

As Pacers fans, we will get through this. Hopefully, so will the Pacers organization. They do not have an easy job.

Comment

Originally posted by Hicks View Post
                            As for the Colts, I'm not the biggest Colts fan compared to the others around here, but I did/do enjoy it and to the complaints about the Pacers being second class I can only say this: The Colts earned what they have by their play on the field and lack of controversy. They EARNED this. The Pacers, likewise, have earned what they are right now.
                            This answer by Hicks should be framed.

It's funny one of the things that makes the Pacers special is this forum created by Hicks, Able, and we the die hard fans. I mean parties are setup (thanks Jose) to sit down and just talk Pacers. That's pretty unique.

Football has an advantage. Every Sunday you have tailgate parties hours before the game. We have a tight membership, but can't compete with what amounts to a forum party at least 8 Sundays in a season. It makes a heck of a difference in fan support when you can share your enjoyment with others who feel the same.

If the Pacers want to create that rabid fan loyalty then they need to create that tailgate mentality somehow with the fan base. The Colts have the Blue Crew, Colt Nation, Colt Power fan clubs. What fan base or clubs do the PAcers have? The answer is the membership of PD and the survivors on the Star site. If it bothers us so much maybe it's time to create an area at Conseco that PD members can gather before the game to build on that kinship.
                            You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Comment

Originally posted by sixthman View Post
                              My feelings aside, though, celebrating a Super Bowl win and saluting their heroes is where the kids wanted to be. And who am I to argue, especially when the price was right.
                              6th, did you yell? Did you feel pride in your city/state while you were there? Of course you did and my reasoning is if people couldn't back a Super Bowl winning team then how in the heck would they ever support what the blue and gold has been previous to the trades.

Comment

Working...
                              X