Announcement

Collapse

The Rules of Pacers Digest

Hello everyone,

Whether your are a long standing forum member or whether you have just registered today, it's a good idea to read and review the rules below so that you have a very good idea of what to expect when you come to Pacers Digest.

A quick note to new members: Your posts will not immediately show up when you make them. An administrator has to approve at least your first post before the forum software will later upgrade your account to the status of a fully-registered member. This usually happens within a couple of hours or so after your post(s) is/are approved, so you may need to be a little patient at first.

Why do we do this? So that it's more difficult for spammers (be they human or robot) to post, and so users who are banned cannot immediately re-register and start dousing people with verbal flames.

Below are the rules of Pacers Digest. After you have read them, you will have a very good sense of where we are coming from, what we expect, what we don't want to see, and how we react to things.

Rule #1

Pacers Digest is intended to be a place to discuss basketball without having to deal with the kinds of behaviors or attitudes that distract people from sticking with the discussion of the topics at hand. These unwanted distractions can come in many forms, and admittedly it can sometimes be tricky to pin down each and every kind that can rear its ugly head, but we feel that the following examples and explanations cover at least a good portion of that ground and should at least give people a pretty good idea of the kinds of things we actively discourage:

"Anyone who __________ is a liar / a fool / an idiot / a blind homer / has their head buried in the sand / a blind hater / doesn't know basketball / doesn't watch the games"

"People with intelligence will agree with me when I say that __________"

"Only stupid people think / believe / do ___________"

"I can't wait to hear something from PosterX when he/she sees that **insert a given incident or current event that will have probably upset or disappointed PosterX here**"

"He/she is just delusional"

"This thread is stupid / worthless / embarrassing"

"I'm going to take a moment to point and / laugh at PosterX / GroupOfPeopleY who thought / believed *insert though/belief here*"

"Remember when PosterX said OldCommentY that no longer looks good? "

In general, if a comment goes from purely on topic to something 'ad hominem' (personal jabs, personal shots, attacks, flames, however you want to call it, towards a person, or a group of people, or a given city/state/country of people), those are most likely going to be found intolerable.

We also dissuade passive aggressive behavior. This can be various things, but common examples include statements that are basically meant to imply someone is either stupid or otherwise incapable of holding a rational conversation. This can include (but is not limited to) laughing at someone's conclusions rather than offering an honest rebuttal, asking people what game they were watching, or another common problem is Poster X will say "that player isn't that bad" and then Poster Y will say something akin to "LOL you think that player is good". We're not going to tolerate those kinds of comments out of respect for the community at large and for the sake of trying to just have an honest conversation.

Now, does the above cover absolutely every single kind of distraction that is unwanted? Probably not, but you should by now have a good idea of the general types of things we will be discouraging. The above examples are meant to give you a good feel for / idea of what we're looking for. If something new or different than the above happens to come along and results in the same problem (that being, any other attitude or behavior that ultimately distracts from actually just discussing the topic at hand, or that is otherwise disrespectful to other posters), we can and we will take action to curb this as well, so please don't take this to mean that if you managed to technically avoid saying something exactly like one of the above examples that you are then somehow off the hook.

That all having been said, our goal is to do so in a generally kind and respectful way, and that doesn't mean the moment we see something we don't like that somebody is going to be suspended or banned, either. It just means that at the very least we will probably say something about it, quite possibly snipping out the distracting parts of the post in question while leaving alone the parts that are actually just discussing the topics, and in the event of a repeating or excessive problem, then we will start issuing infractions to try to further discourage further repeat problems, and if it just never seems to improve, then finally suspensions or bans will come into play. We would prefer it never went that far, and most of the time for most of our posters, it won't ever have to.

A slip up every once and a while is pretty normal, but, again, when it becomes repetitive or excessive, something will be done. Something occasional is probably going to be let go (within reason), but when it starts to become habitual or otherwise a pattern, odds are very good that we will step in.

There's always a small minority that like to push people's buttons and/or test their own boundaries with regards to the administrators, and in the case of someone acting like that, please be aware that this is not a court of law, but a private website run by people who are simply trying to do the right thing as they see it. If we feel that you are a special case that needs to be dealt with in an exceptional way because your behavior isn't explicitly mirroring one of our above examples of what we generally discourage, we can and we will take atypical action to prevent this from continuing if you are not cooperative with us.

Also please be aware that you will not be given a pass simply by claiming that you were 'only joking,' because quite honestly, when someone really is just joking, for one thing most people tend to pick up on the joke, including the person or group that is the target of the joke, and for another thing, in the event where an honest joke gets taken seriously and it upsets or angers someone, the person who is truly 'only joking' will quite commonly go out of his / her way to apologize and will try to mend fences. People who are dishonest about their statements being 'jokes' do not do so, and in turn that becomes a clear sign of what is really going on. It's nothing new.

In any case, quite frankly, the overall quality and health of the entire forum's community is more important than any one troublesome user will ever be, regardless of exactly how a problem is exhibiting itself, and if it comes down to us having to make a choice between you versus the greater health and happiness of the entire community, the community of this forum will win every time.

Lastly, there are also some posters, who are generally great contributors and do not otherwise cause any problems, who sometimes feel it's their place to provoke or to otherwise 'mess with' that small minority of people described in the last paragraph, and while we possibly might understand why you might feel you WANT to do something like that, the truth is we can't actually tolerate that kind of behavior from you any more than we can tolerate the behavior from them. So if we feel that you are trying to provoke those other posters into doing or saying something that will get themselves into trouble, then we will start to view you as a problem as well, because of the same reason as before: The overall health of the forum comes first, and trying to stir the pot with someone like that doesn't help, it just makes it worse. Some will simply disagree with this philosophy, but if so, then so be it because ultimately we have to do what we think is best so long as it's up to us.

If you see a problem that we haven't addressed, the best and most appropriate course for a forum member to take here is to look over to the left of the post in question. See underneath that poster's name, avatar, and other info, down where there's a little triangle with an exclamation point (!) in it? Click that. That allows you to report the post to the admins so we can definitely notice it and give it a look to see what we feel we should do about it. Beyond that, obviously it's human nature sometimes to want to speak up to the poster in question who has bothered you, but we would ask that you try to refrain from doing so because quite often what happens is two or more posters all start going back and forth about the original offending post, and suddenly the entire thread is off topic or otherwise derailed. So while the urge to police it yourself is understandable, it's best to just report it to us and let us handle it. Thank you!

All of the above is going to be subject to a case by case basis, but generally and broadly speaking, this should give everyone a pretty good idea of how things will typically / most often be handled.

Rule #2

If the actions of an administrator inspire you to make a comment, criticism, or express a concern about it, there is a wrong place and a couple of right places to do so.

The wrong place is to do so in the original thread in which the administrator took action. For example, if a post gets an infraction, or a post gets deleted, or a comment within a larger post gets clipped out, in a thread discussing Paul George, the wrong thing to do is to distract from the discussion of Paul George by adding your off topic thoughts on what the administrator did.

The right places to do so are:

A) Start a thread about the specific incident you want to talk about on the Feedback board. This way you are able to express yourself in an area that doesn't throw another thread off topic, and this way others can add their two cents as well if they wish, and additionally if there's something that needs to be said by the administrators, that is where they will respond to it.

B) Send a private message to the administrators, and they can respond to you that way.

If this is done the wrong way, those comments will be deleted, and if it's a repeating problem then it may also receive an infraction as well.

Rule #3

If a poster is bothering you, and an administrator has not or will not deal with that poster to the extent that you would prefer, you have a powerful tool at your disposal, one that has recently been upgraded and is now better than ever: The ability to ignore a user.

When you ignore a user, you will unfortunately still see some hints of their existence (nothing we can do about that), however, it does the following key things:

A) Any post they make will be completely invisible as you scroll through a thread.

B) The new addition to this feature: If someone QUOTES a user you are ignoring, you do not have to read who it was, or what that poster said, unless you go out of your way to click on a link to find out who it is and what they said.

To utilize this feature, from any page on Pacers Digest, scroll to the top of the page, look to the top right where it says 'Settings' and click that. From the settings page, look to the left side of the page where it says 'My Settings', and look down from there until you see 'Edit Ignore List' and click that. From here, it will say 'Add a Member to Your List...' Beneath that, click in the text box to the right of 'User Name', type in or copy & paste the username of the poster you are ignoring, and once their name is in the box, look over to the far right and click the 'Okay' button. All done!

Rule #4

Regarding infractions, currently they carry a value of one point each, and that point will expire in 31 days. If at any point a poster is carrying three points at the same time, that poster will be suspended until the oldest of the three points expires.

Rule #5

When you share or paste content or articles from another website, you must include the URL/link back to where you found it, who wrote it, and what website it's from. Said content will be removed if this doesn't happen.

An example:

If I copy and paste an article from the Indianapolis Star website, I would post something like this:

http://www.linktothearticlegoeshere.com/article
Title of the Article
Author's Name
Indianapolis Star

Rule #6

We cannot tolerate illegal videos on Pacers Digest. This means do not share any links to them, do not mention any websites that host them or link to them, do not describe how to find them in any way, and do not ask about them. Posts doing anything of the sort will be removed, the offenders will be contacted privately, and if the problem becomes habitual, you will be suspended, and if it still persists, you will probably be banned.

The legal means of watching or listening to NBA games are NBA League Pass Broadband (for US, or for International; both cost money) and NBA Audio League Pass (which is free). Look for them on NBA.com.

Rule #7

Provocative statements in a signature, or as an avatar, or as the 'tagline' beneath a poster's username (where it says 'Member' or 'Administrator' by default, if it is not altered) are an unwanted distraction that will more than likely be removed on sight. There can be shades of gray to this, but in general this could be something political or religious that is likely going to provoke or upset people, or otherwise something that is mean-spirited at the expense of a poster, a group of people, or a population.

It may or may not go without saying, but this goes for threads and posts as well, particularly when it's not made on the off-topic board (Market Square).

We do make exceptions if we feel the content is both innocuous and unlikely to cause social problems on the forum (such as wishing someone a Merry Christmas or a Happy Easter), and we also also make exceptions if such topics come up with regards to a sports figure (such as the Lance Stephenson situation bringing up discussions of domestic abuse and the law, or when Jason Collins came out as gay and how that lead to some discussion about gay rights).

However, once the discussion seems to be more/mostly about the political issues instead of the sports figure or his specific situation, the thread is usually closed.

Rule #8

We prefer self-restraint and/or modesty when making jokes or off topic comments in a sports discussion thread. They can be fun, but sometimes they derail or distract from a topic, and we don't want to see that happen. If we feel it is a problem, we will either delete or move those posts from the thread.

Rule #9

Generally speaking, we try to be a "PG-13" rated board, and we don't want to see sexual content or similarly suggestive content. Vulgarity is a more muddled issue, though again we prefer things to lean more towards "PG-13" than "R". If we feel things have gone too far, we will step in.

Rule #10

We like small signatures, not big signatures. The bigger the signature, the more likely it is an annoying or distracting signature.

Rule #11

Do not advertise anything without talking about it with the administrators first. This includes advertising with your signature, with your avatar, through private messaging, and/or by making a thread or post.
See more
See less

Odd thoughts from the Warriors game....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Odd thoughts from the Warriors game....

Originally posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This is what I saw last night - the Pacers ran a lot of pick and rolls with JT and Murph - but JT was reluctant to pass the ball to him. Tinsley is dominating the ball. Peck, look at how different the Pacers look when DA is in the game - DA moves the ball and gets others involved.
    Ladies and Gentleman, I refer you to this thread:

http://pacersdigest.com/showthread.p...712#post532712

imawhat: I thought there were a few times that Dunleavy was wide open and Tinsley refused to pass him the ball. At least I couldn't see Jackson or Harrington not getting the ball in the same situation.

tadscout:

Me: imawhat, yeah, there were a few times. Also, one glaring snub, to me, was when Troy first came into the game. He backed got position on Malik Rose, then proceeded to back him all the way into the paint. He was a step from a ctach, turn and shoot, with a shot about 3-4 feet from the rim. Jamall pounded the ball looking at him, as if trying to decide, then dribbled to the other side of the corcle, where JO was. Anyone else remember that.

Yeah, Mel-Mel was definitly looking for only his buddy.

This is my biggest damper on the new look Pacers. If Jamaal is only going to pass the ball to his homiez, then we are in big trouble. We ARE in big trouble. I am so hopeful again for this team, but as long as it's led by Jamaal Iverson, I can't bring myself TOTALLY back into the sunshine.

I'm sorry. Not trying to thread hijack, and make this an Tinsley thread, but maybe I'm not the only one seeing a pattern now? Tinsley's the cool kid in school and Troy and Dunleavy are the mid-semester transfer students who don't get any slack.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
      6th, did you yell? Did you feel pride in your city/state while you were there? Of course you did and my reasoning is if people couldn't back a Super Bowl winning team then how in the heck would they ever support what the blue and gold has been previous to the trades.
      Exactly. If this was reversed and a Colts fan from Indy couldn't feel good about an NBA championship for the Pacers, I would think the lesser of the fellow.

Also let's face it, in America the Super Bowl is a huge deal. You only have to look at the TV ratings nationally and locally to stamp that opinion as fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Skaut_Ech
        Ladies and Gentleman, I refer you to this thread:

http://pacersdigest.com/showthread.p...712#post532712

imawhat: I thought there were a few times that Dunleavy was wide open and Tinsley refused to pass him the ball. At least I couldn't see Jackson or Harrington not getting the ball in the same situation.

tadscout:

Me: imawhat, yeah, there were a few times. Also, one glaring snub, to me, was when Troy first came into the game. He backed got position on Malik Rose, then proceeded to back him all the way into the paint. He was a step from a ctach, turn and shoot, with a shot about 3-4 feet from the rim. Jamall pounded the ball looking at him, as if trying to decide, then dribbled to the other side of the corcle, where JO was. Anyone else remember that.

Yeah, Mel-Mel was definitly looking for only his buddy.

This is my biggest damper on the new look Pacers. If Jamaal is only going to pass the ball to his homiez, then we are in big trouble. We ARE in big trouble. I am so hopeful again for this team, but as long as it's led by Jamaal Iverson, I can't bring myself TOTALLY back into the sunshine.

I'm sorry. Not trying to thread hijack, and make this an Tinsley thread, but maybe I'm not the only one seeing a pattern now? Tinsley's the cool kid in school and Troy and Dunleavy are the mid-semester transfer students who don't get any slack.
        Yeah, like I have been saying all along, Tinman has to go in order for this team to really start over. He is a part of the past click of players who wouldn't pass the ball to wide open players because they were not his homey's.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
          This answer by Hicks should be framed.

It's funny one of the things that makes the Pacers special is this forum created by Hicks, Able, and we the die hard fans. I mean parties are setup (thanks Jose) to sit down and just talk Pacers. That's pretty unique.

Football has an advantage. Every Sunday you have tailgate parties hours before the game. We have a tight membership, but can't compete with what amounts to a forum party at least 8 Sundays in a season. It makes a heck of a difference in fan support when you can share your enjoyment with others who feel the same.

If the Pacers want to create that rabid fan loyalty then they need to create that tailgate mentality somehow with the fan base. The Colts have the Blue Crew, Colt Nation, Colt Power fan clubs. What fan base or clubs do the PAcers have? The answer is the membership of PD and the survivors on the Star site. If it bothers us so much maybe it's time to create an area at Conseco that PD members can gather before the game to build on that kinship.
          The concept is great, but the logistical problem is that the NFL has 8 home games, and they're almost always on a weekend in the afternoon. Prime setup for parties.

The NBA, on the other hand, has 41 home games, and many are on weekdays, and later in the evening. That makes it tough to generate that kind of atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by Hicks View Post
            The concept is great, but the logistical problem is that the NFL has 8 home games, and they're almost always on a weekend in the afternoon. Prime setup for parties.

The NBA, on the other hand, has 41 home games, and many are on weekdays, and later in the evening. That makes it tough to generate that kind of atmosphere.
            You can get it during the playoffs. This year people were tailgating before NHL playoffs games in Buffalo.
            Slug 'em Sabres!!!!!
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=cj1SUF4wzu0

Comment

Post Trade Tinsley:
              8 games
              5-3 record
              14.6 shots per game
              .462 FG%
              .400 3pt%
              .780 FT%
              7.0 APG
              2.3 SPG
              18.3 PPG
              I'm in these bands
              The Humans
              Dr. Goldfoot
              The Bar Brawlers
              ME

Comment

I know the Pacers use to promote a fan club for the younguns, but do they have a fan club like the Colts Blue Crew that I'm not aware of?
                You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Comment

[QUOTE=Unclebuck;540441]I'll get to the Pacers offense a little later.

"And yes I was a little teed off that the victory parade was on at the exact same time as the Pacers game last night. "

UB: They had to have the Super Bowl Party when they did because of the players who had to leave Tuesday morning for the Pro Bowl. There really wasn't anything else they could do.

PS: Its a good thing people didn't attend the Pacers game anyway. It wasn't worth watching. All I can say is I hope TPTB make another trade or two before the deadline. I believe we need to move 2 specific guys on this team to really start over right.

Comment

Originally posted by Hicks View Post
                    I agree completely with the assessment of Tinsley and the offense in general. It's sickening. And it's on Rick's head for either implementing it or not dealing with it if it's Tinsley's fault.
                    Tinsley's stats for the last three games:

DateOpponentScoreGSMin
                    M A Pct
                    M A Pct
                    M A Pct
                    Off Def Tot
                    Ast TO Stl Blk PF Pts
                    Feb 5 GSW L 98-113 1 34:45
                    9 24 37.5
                    0 2 0.0
                    4 4 100.0
                    1 1 2
                    10 4 4 2 4 22
                    Feb 3 @ MEM W 116-110 1 34:24
                    10 16 62.5
                    2 2 100.0
                    3 7 42.9
                    1 1 2
                    9 4 0 0 2 25
                    Feb 2 LAL W 95-84 1 32:54
                    6 14 42.9
                    1 2 50.0
                    3 6 50.0
                    1 3 4
                    6 5 2 0 2 16

The glaring difference of course is in shot attempts. Let's look at some team stats:

Feb 2: 34-79 21 total assists
                    Feb 3: 45-85 15 total assists
                    Feb 5: 37-85 24 total assists

Last night, he took a disproportionate share of shots (50% more than the past couple of games where he played well), and this is what gives the sense that he's a ballhog. I think the pretty clear message is: Jamal, limit yourself to 12-16 shot attempts per game. You shouldn't be taking a quarter of the shots in the game. I wonder if he enters the game thinking "I need around 20 points, and I'll continue to shoot until I get there."

The problem is, unlike someone like Dunleavy, whose job it is to shoot, Tinsley should force more ball movement first, and shoot second. I'm hopeful that he can improve on this, but we've seen this pattern far too often.

Comment

Originally posted by sixthman View Post
                      As to feeling that the Colts deliberately disrespected the Pacers...I don't think so.

I don't think for one moment the Colts purposely planned the parade and dome thing to conflict with a Pacers game. No way would the Colts do that. In fact the plan was to start the parade at 4:00 or 4:30 at the latest and then the dome thing would have been over by 6:15.

My only point is the Colts and the city never considered the fact that the Pacers had a game - and why should they. But if the roles were reversed - the Pacers would have changed the time of the celebration as to not interfere with a Colts regular season Sunday afternoon game.

Comment

Originally posted by docpaul View Post
                        The problem is, unlike someone like Dunleavy, whose job it is to shoot,
                        If that is his job then we are in a world of trouble - because he isn't a shooter. Granger and Murphy are much better shooters - Dunleavy is a multi-diminsional player - as evidence by his 13 rebounds and 7 assists. When was the last time we have a shooting guard/small forward get 13 rebounds. - never

Comment

That game was aggrivating.

Talk about having one of those "flat" nights. Ugh.

So I watched most of the game in "fast forward."

I did stop to enjoy Jeff's flagrant foul on Jackson (is that the first time he's ever put a body on someone? Still, I liked it) and Armstrong's block.

Gotta find something positive, and I certainly enjoyed both of those plays.

Every six to eight games, Jackson can shoot with the best of them. The problem is that he keeps trying the other five to seven games.

For the portion of the game that I watched at regular speed, Quinn made me laugh. It was funny to me how every time Jackson got the ball Quinn was encouraging the team to make him put the ball on the floor. However, for as turnover prone as he is, we didn't force him into mistakes that he normally makes.

Oh well, glad to see those guy put up big "individual" performances. The Pacers were flat as a pancake last night but are playing better team ball than they were before the trade. Good riddance.

PS - Not having Baron Davis in *that* particular game was a big boost for the Warriors. Not only did Jackson and Harrington get the ball early and often, but Tinsley - with Granger, Murphy, and Dunleavy MIA in the first quarter, got suckered into selfish play.

PPS - The revamped Pacers are really missing Marquis Daniels.
                          Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
                          Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
                          Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
                          Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
                          And life itself, rushing over me
                          Life itself, the wind in black elms,
                          Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Comment

Originally posted by Unclebuck View Post
                            If that is his job then we are in a world of trouble - because he isn't a shooter. Granger and Murphy are much better shooters - Dunleavy is a multi-diminsional player - as evidence by his 13 rebounds and 7 assists. When was the last time we have a shooting guard/small forward get 13 rebounds. - never
                            Well, I won't belabor this too much, but I'm a bit reluctant to pre-judge his shooting ability given that he still seems to lack confidence and mojo, but I'm personally expecting his shooting to improve. He's got a lot of work to do to sort through all the bad experiences he had at GSW, methinks. I remember him back @ Duke though, and this kid can definitely play.

He's picking up 13 boards last night though b/c Murphy was scared poop-less that someone was going to jack his nose again. Not the attitude we'd want a board-hound to have.. heh.

The point I was trying to make though, was that if the Pacers are going to run their offense through the PG, the PG needs to understand that they can't end up taking a quarter of the shots. That's the primary job of the other four players on the court. He should be taking no more than 15-20% of the shots.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think that is a solvable problem. When Tinsley keeps around 15-20% total team shot percentage, .500+ night games for him will be gravy, and we can give kids like Granger and Diogu a chance to develop their offensive game.

Comment

Just getting rid of Jackson and Saras made our team better, long-term. But we do need Murphy and Dunleavy to show up in the first half if we want our team to be improved *this season*.
                              Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
                              Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
                              Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
                              Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
                              And life itself, rushing over me
                              Life itself, the wind in black elms,
                              Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Comment

I know I read somewhere that Al Harrington had a super bowl party here in Indiana and you have to believe that JO at least was their if not other Pacers players and were just dragging because of late night celebrating the Colts win. It just seems too coincidental that the night after the Super Bowl JO misses a practice cause of a "bruised knee" and misses the morning shootaround only to start the game and not look hampered one bit during the game? You watch we'll come out and look fantastic this next game to tell ya the truth I don't even know who we're playing next although I believe it's a western team my memory is failing me at the moment.

As far as whether or not i'm a Colts fan or a Pacer fan I've enjoyed both teams pretty equally I would imagine, I have always watched the pacers games during the week and the Colts on sundays and pretty much have kept that up since about 95'ish even flipping back and forth on some occasions where the Pacers and Colts games were on at the same time.

I'm only 22 but It kills me that the city won't support the Pacers like they do the Colts, I know they have done some things recently that really have made it hard for them to be as big of a fan as they were when Reggie was around.
                                It was pretty pathetic I went to the rally at the Dome in Indianapolis for the Colts had a great time and said out loud "well that was fun now I'm going over to Conseco to watch our pacers play, any of you guys around here going to the game? " and some of the response I got just made me shake my head the ones I recall were "who are the pacers?" "why would you wanna go watch those bums" "who cares about the pacers? go colts!!" and that's about all I could stand and quickly made my way out of the dome and just felt dejected and in disbelief that they could say those kinds of things about the Pacers.

The one thing I always liked about the Pacers was every year it seems like people count them out but they always find a way to pull through. It wasn't until the 61 win season that we were actually favored to win the championship but even then I still recall most of the "experts" saying the pistons were going to beat us to win the championship. The Colts on the other hand who have been favored most every year (besides this one) and always lost the games they "should have won" while pacers were beating people when they "should have lost". I don't know, but if Pacers fans are being degraded and treated as second class citizens I don't mind it I've always cheered harder for the underdog.

Comment

Working...
                                X