Thread: All the doubters.

Hybrid View

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default All the doubters.

LMAO.

Especially the people on here, Colts won't win, their defense sucks so bad!

Peyton, ZOMG!11 hez sooo nervus!!!11111111 LOL.

All the media, hey media, did Peyton finally win the big one? Or did he choke again? Man, he CHOKES EVERY YEAR. Terrible player.

Sorry, had to let it out.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Default Re: All the doubters.

I'm not sure how old you are Helmet, but I am 36. And if you count the ABA championship we won in 1973 (I don't give near the status to the ABA as the NBA, although I know it is blaspheme around here,) that means we have not won a championship since I was 3 years old.

So even the sunshiniest of optimists get a bit guarded with their expectations over time. I couldn't hardly enjoy the game b/c I have been so used to seeing us find a way to lose. You really become a product of your environment.

That being said, it feels great to finally see a team break through. Perhaps if we win another championship I'll be able to enjoy it more.
    “Seventy percent of me talking on the court is personally for me to get me
    motivated and going. Thirty percent is to see if I can get into the opponent’s head.”
    Reggie Miller

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brichard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not sure how old you are Helmet, but I am 36. And if you count the ABA championship we won in 1973 (I don't give near the status to the ABA as the NBA, although I know it is blaspheme around here,) that means we have not won a championship since I was 3 years old.

So even the sunshiniest of optimists get a bit guarded with their expectations over time. I couldn't hardly enjoy the game b/c I have been so used to seeing us find a way to lose. You really become a product of your environment.

That being said, it feels great to finally see a team break through. Perhaps if we win another championship I'll be able to enjoy it more.
    I'm 16 and lucky to see this, I'm normally not cocky about my teams, and I'm just letting out all the emotion from this team that I love, being bashed and hated for no good reasons sometimes.

I do realize I could never see this again, and I hope to just soak it all in and hope for another one sometime soon.

If I seem like a cocky fan, I'm sorry, it's just that I'm tired of all the dumb ****, OMGZ, PEYTON sUX!11 LOL
    Or the classic, Jim Irsay is a bad guy cause he father was a big meanie meanie and you know, Jim is the same exact person as his father.

Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Having talked with you about this before, LH, I know how you feel.

At the same time, I am (or is that was now?) a doubter and I feel I had legit reasons to be one. Namely, the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. In the past, these guys found ways to not be the best.

Now, they've proven they ARE the best, and that is now what I expect from them. They've earned it.

I'd especially like to give a shout out to all the media that said if Hester returns a kick for a TD there is no way we could win the game.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This is the first title I've witnessed since IU's '87 run, when I was only 9, so there have been lots of reasons to be pessimistic. Especially when your luck is as bad as mine has been. But not anymore. The "curse" has been lifted. It can be done, and it has been done.

WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!