Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31

Thread: Colts Championship Parade

  1. #1
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Colts Championship Parade

    Well apparently they needed volunteers to hand out posters during the parade today. I had to say no, wished I could have helped out and attended.

    Just a bad day for me, too busy I was really hoping to make it.

    If anyone attends, take pics ! Please.. I hear the players will be on buses during the parade but I'm sure it will still be special.

    Why Not Us ?


  2. #2
    Never Give Up aero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,343
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts Championship Parade

    got any details on it ? like when it starts and all that...if its sometime after 3pm i should be able to head down there. Ive got a crappy digital camera but i will be taking pictures should i be down there. I was on monument circle last night after the game with the News people were down there...man that place was rocking it was great
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Colts Championship Parade

    I can't make it - not sure I would if I could. I hope the bus will stop somewhere and the players will step out and make an appearance, even if it's just a short one.

    Two closed buses driving by isn't much of a parade IMO. Maybe they can have a real one after the Pro Bowl.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  4. #4
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,695

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts Championship Parade

    I don't get why they are doing it now. Meh, I'm stuck in Bloomington with classes. Figures they would finally win it when I can't go to the parade and Brebeuf actually cancelled classes this year. Is it going to be on TV? And hopefully some will take pics!

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  5. #5
    Never Give Up aero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,343
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts Championship Parade

    not sure if ill be able to make it now either, just found out that its slated for 4pm. It should be on ESPN/ESPN News Live i know Channel 6,8, and 13 should have live coverage...also WTHR Channel 13 will have a webcast of it live i think so if you're able to be near a pc you should be able to stream it live on their site.
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

  6. #6
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,912

    Default Re: Colts Championship Parade

    So this is going on at the same time as the Pacers game. Are the Colts trying to drive the Pacers right out of town. I'm joking for the most part

  7. #7
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,695

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts Championship Parade

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So this is going on at the same time as the Pacers game. Are the Colts trying to drive the Pacers right out of town. I'm joking for the most part
    Do the Pacers play at 4 PM now? This thing will be over with by 6. Which could actually work out great for the Pacers. All the people down there might mosy over to the Fieldhouse.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  8. #8
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Centralia, Pennsylvania
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,386
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts Championship Parade

    Quote Originally Posted by indy0731 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't get why they are doing it now.
    They have to get it in before the players have to be in Hawaii for the Pro Bowl...

  9. #9
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,912

    Default Re: Colts Championship Parade

    I thought the parade started at 4:30 and I figure that should last a good 45 minutes, so they get to the dome and by the time they get started there it will be at least 5:30 - OK I see your point. It should all be over by 6:30. We'll see though, these type of things often run at least 30 minutes late to start.

    Colts just landed at the airport.

    They are showing full and play-by-play coverage of the plane taxi-ing towards buses.

    One of the 3 planes hasn't even landed yet.


    Edit: I knew it, it has been pushed back to 5:00. Pacers game should be cancelled

  10. #10
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,695

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts Championship Parade

    Quote Originally Posted by naturallystoned View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They have to get it in before the players have to be in Hawaii for the Pro Bowl...
    You know what I say to that? Screw the pro bowl. Its so boring anyways.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  11. #11
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,695

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts Championship Parade

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought the parade started at 4:30 and I figure that should last a good 45 minutes, so they get to the dome and by the time they get started there it will be at least 5:30 - OK I see your point. It should all be over by 6:30. We'll see though, these type of things often run at least 30 minutes late to start
    I have no idea, This is now the second time I have heard. WTHR.com says 4:00 PM is the start time.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  12. #12
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Centralia, Pennsylvania
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,386
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts Championship Parade

    Quote Originally Posted by indy0731 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know what I say to that? Screw the pro bowl. Its so boring anyways.
    Well it'll be fun this year because we won...

  13. #13
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,695

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts Championship Parade

    Quote Originally Posted by naturallystoned View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well it'll be fun this year because we won...
    The Pro Bowl will be? I think it'd be a ton more fun to do this on a Saturday that way no one would have any problem with being there and ti would be packed. Peyton's been to plenty of Pro Bowls. I don't know, the players are gonna be so tired anyways. Maybe wait until Wednesday or something.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  14. #14
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,695

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts Championship Parade

    Ok now WTHR says parade will start at Victory field at 5 pm. So who knows whats going on...

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Colts Championship Parade

    Quote Originally Posted by indy0731 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Pro Bowl will be?
    Mostly for the players - bragging rights.

    Of course if the AFC doesn't win they'll say Peyton can't win the big one.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  16. #16
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,912

    Default Re: Colts Championship Parade

    This is crazy. They are going to the Colts complex first.


    Now they are going to shower and who knws what else. They won't get to the Dome until 6:15 maybe.

    Whoever put this event together should be fired. There have been people standing outside for 90 minutes already

    I'm expecting full coverage from inside the showers.

    I just got an e-mail from the Pacers talking about road closures because of the Colts.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Colts Championship Parade

    The RCA Dome is nearly full (except for the seats behind the podium) and thousands of people are still outside, waiting for the parade.

    If you are coming to hear the Southern Wells school choir sing the national anthem before the Pacers game, it would be wise to come in from the east side of downtown.
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

  18. #18
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,912

    Default Re: Colts Championship Parade

    The buses are leaving the Colts complex. Parage should start at 5:45 and they should be in the dome at approx 6:30

  19. #19
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: Colts Championship Parade

    The Colts are at the 56th street practice facility right now.

    They then are loading up to head downtown and WishTV is saying they just heard they will be on Floats ! not buses

    I am heading down there now, for work related purposes should be interesting traffic wise.

    Why Not Us ?


  20. #20
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,695

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts Championship Parade

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is crazy. They are going to the Colts complex first.


    Now they are going to shower and who knws what else. They won't get to the Dome until 6:15 maybe.

    Whoever put this event together should be fired. There have been people standing outside for 90 minutes already

    I'm expecting full coverage from inside the showers.

    I just got an e-mail from the Pacers talking about road closures because of the Colts.
    Oh c'mon now UB let us enjoy it.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  21. #21
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: Colts Championship Parade

    What a special time this is. I will never forget it. I was down at the Hyatt when they came around got to high five Marvin . It was great.
    I could not believe the amount of people on the streets in the cold waiting just to get a glimpse of the players.

    Why Not Us ?


  22. #22
    year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,304

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts Championship Parade

    That was extremely enjoyable to watch on television. I pulled a second TV into my living room so I could watch everything on multiple channels at once. I'll never forget the past 24 hours for the rest of my life. I'm so proud of the people of the state of Indiana, the city of Indianapolis, and the Colts organization. It's just a very special time right now.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

  23. #23
    Thanks Kesty! Pig Nash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts Championship Parade

    Damn you Frank, actually good for you, wish I could be there.

  24. #24
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: Colts Championship Parade

    Quote Originally Posted by obnoxiousmodesty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That was extremely enjoyable to watch on television. I pulled a second TV into my living room so I could watch everything on multiple channels at once. I'll never forget the past 24 hours for the rest of my life. I'm so proud of the people of the state of Indiana, the city of Indianapolis, and the Colts organization. It's just a very special time right now.
    Indeed, and it still feels surreal, I can barely believe it happened.Trying to soak it all up.

    How lucky we are to have a classy Organization like the Colts, it's times like these that the "younger " fans get drawn in for life. Just like the Pacers in the mid 90's you can literally see the Fan base grow before your eyes. Success like this is great for so many sectors. And no one is taking it for granted. With such a hungry fan base, people are just trying to live in the moment right now.

    Why Not Us ?


  25. #25
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,573

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts Championship Parade

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is crazy. They are going to the Colts complex first.


    Now they are going to shower and who knws what else. They won't get to the Dome until 6:15 maybe.

    Whoever put this event together should be fired. There have been people standing outside for 90 minutes already

    I'm expecting full coverage from inside the showers.

    I just got an e-mail from the Pacers talking about road closures because of the Colts.


    Things are going to be crazy and unpredictable. That's part of it. How often do you win a superbowl? You have to enjoy it and put up with little headaches like that.

    I think the Pacers are about the last thing most people in Indy are thinking about right now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •