Thread: R-E-L-I-E-F

Default R-E-L-I-E-F

The best way to describe the way I feel right now is relieved. I thought I'd be a lot more elated, but the overriding feeling I get right now is one of peace. I watched a movie once where a man was supposed to describe what an orgasm was. He described it as "Exsquisite relief from extensive torture." The female replied, "What is the torture?" He said, "Not having the orgasm."

I'm not trying to equate sex and sports here, but I thought it was a good description of how I feel. Relieved from the torture of watching teams lose over and over. Not since 1973 has the city of Indianapolis seen a world champion in professional sports. And not since the Lou Holtz coached Notre Dame team or the 87 Hoosiers have we won in a collegiate championship in what I consider the two biggest sports, basketball and football.

Hats off to the entire organization for developing a great run offense and Bob Sanders and the defense took themselves to another level in the post season. I really feared our Achilles Heal, the special teams, would end up taking us down. But, we prevailed.

Tony is a class act and I'm so happy for him and the team.

Wow. I never thought I'd see a world championship in my lifetime based on what I had seen prior. The city of Indianapolis could sure use this.

Woo Hoo!
    “Seventy percent of me talking on the court is personally for me to get me
    motivated and going. Thirty percent is to see if I can get into the opponent’s head.”
    Reggie Miller

Default Re: R-E-L-I-E-F

Dude, I feel the same way - if the Colts are back next year, I'll actually try to enjoy it.

Thumbs up Re: R-E-L-I-E-F

Uh, I'm kinda numb. I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. Did the Colts really win? I remember when they won 4 games a year and only the punter went to the Pro Bowl.

Guys, celebrate it every chance you get!! If you see a guy from anywhere at the 500, Brickyard or anywhere, let them know that their team sucks and the Colts rule!!

BTW, what do you think the folks in New England, Baltimore and San Diego are thinking right now? They're thinking, "Oh , Payton Manning has just figured out how to win a Super Bowl!!"

God bless those Colts and Go Pacers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ABA_Pacers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Uh, I'm kinda numb. I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. Did the Colts really win? I remember when they won 4 games a year and only the punter went to the Pro Bowl.

Guys, celebrate it every chance you get!! If you see a guy from anywhere at the 500, Brickyard or anywhere, let them know that their team sucks and the Colts rule!!

BTW, what do you think the folks in New England, Baltimore and San Diego are thinking right now? They're thinking, "Oh , Payton Manning has just figured out how to win a Super Bowl!!"

God bless those Colts and Go Pacers!!!
    You must be referring to Ron Stark (I think that was the punters name)

It is never a good thing when you best player is the punter.

It is surreal to see the Colts win. I am an emotional guy, and when you are emotional, it is very tough to watch sporting events. You live vicariously through players who you have absolutely zero control over. When times are good, it is enjoyable, but when times are bad, it is excruciating.

I have felt like my heart has been ripped out of my chest by the Patriots, Bulls, Lakers, and other teams over the years. I am still bothered that Reggie Miller never got a ring, because I think that much of him as a player and a person. The truth is that alot of the good guys, and deserving guys, just never get to the big dance, much less win it. Tony and Peyton are definitely good guys, and I am very happy for them.

To be fair, two of my best friends from when I lived in Boston (both neighbors), called me up, congratulated the Colts, and wished them good luck after the Patriots lost. I am not saying these guys are representative of all fans, but there are some good people out there.

We need to relish this one, and savor the victory. No more conspiracy theories, no more "we are never going to do it" speeches. We have removed the albatross from around our necks and have victory. Thank God!
    When you're playing against a stacked deck, compete even harder. Show the world how much you'll fight for the winners circle. If you do, someday the cellophane will crackle off a fresh pack, one that belongs to you, and the cards will be stacked in your favor.
    -Pat Riley

Quote Originally Posted by brich View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You must be referring to Ron Stark (I think that was the punters name)
    Rohn Stark

It is never a good thing when you best player is the punter.
    Practice makes perfect and he got lots of practice on game day.

-Bball

]
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

After so many tries and so many close calls you can bet there are thousands like you. The pressure is off now - the seasons are going to be fun.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.