Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Official Colts vs. Bears Super Bowl thread!

Default Re: Official Colts vs. Bears Super Bowl thread!

So are any of you guys crying?
    12/27/2005 at Spurs - SamBear - 3

1/2/2008 vs Memphis - SamBear - 19

4/9/2014 - Luis Scola also recorded a season high with 24 points and Evan Turner added 23 for Indiana.

This was the first game I've seen the Bears play all season and I must say they stink. The Colts could have and should have won by 4 touchdowns. Colts played very well, but the Bears looked weak to me.

I have to think the Colts, Pats, Chargers and Ravens are all better than the Bears.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by SamBear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm proud to say I shed a tear or two.

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This was the first game I've seen the Bears play all season and I must say they stink. The Colts could have and should have won by 4 touchdowns. Colts played very well, but the Bears looked weak to me.

I have to think the Colts, Pats, Chargers and Ravens are all better than the Bears.
    They play weak teams, I think we all know that.

Of course they stopped the Colts some 5 or 6 times in the red zone, becuase of the Colts scored TD's on all that oppurtunities the score would have been in the low to mid 40's

No I'm not, the Colts winning it really doesn't have a big impact on me. Glad the Colts won, they deserved it, Peyton is great and I really like and respect Dungy, the Colts are a distance second to the Pacers as far as me being a fan.

edit: the crowds are forming downtown. If anyone does anything stupid - well I hope they get frostbite. Channel 13 is showing it

This is a really random question.

What kind of car did Peyton get? I saw it was a Caddy, but what model?

I shouldn't post this - I deserve to be yelled at. But does anyone else think it feels a little anti-climatic - it does to me. Maybe because the game wasn't very good after the first quarter. The game against the Pats felt more like the Super Bowl to me
    This was the Colts' game to lose (IMHO). We played better teams to get here and won. But we still had to beat the Bears and had to battle not only them but also the elements.

We were the favorites and should've been. Once we got our rhythm it was just hoping for no mistakes on either side of the ball.... especially big, momentum changing mistakes. And I think every one of us worried that the weather would be a factor (for anyone searching for an argument why the SB should be granted to Indy let us not forget that it doesn't rain or snow -inside- the Dome/Lucas Oil Stadium!)

It's almost a sense of relief now that's it's over. A sense of relief and pride. It's really been a journey and there were some serious speedbumps in that journey so it feels pretty good but (unlike the past few weeks where we were the underdog) this time we got it done when we were supposed to. This is a team we can be proud of.

And Jimmy Irsay is no Robert Irsay.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

GO COLTS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This is a really random question.

What kind of car did Peyton get? I saw it was a Caddy, but what model?
    Votes on SUPERBOWL.COM counted 20 percent towards tally with media panel

Voting for the Super Bowl XLI Most Valuable Player is now closed. Your votes helped propel Peyton Manning to MVP of Super Bowl XLI.

Thank you for helping us make NFL history. For the seventh time, the fan vote has been included in the overall tally for the game's MVP. And again this year, fans were able to submit their vote wirelessly.

The MVP award winner is presented with the Pete Rozelle Trophy and The New Escalade. Cadillac is the official vehicle of Super Bowl XLI.

The presentation and announcement of this year's winner was made immediately following the game on CBS.

LINK
    12/27/2005 at Spurs - SamBear - 3

1/2/2008 vs Memphis - SamBear - 19

4/9/2014 - Luis Scola also recorded a season high with 24 points and Evan Turner added 23 for Indiana.

THEY DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PAVING THE WAY: :thepacers

I shouldn't post this - I deserve to be yelled at. But does anyone else think it feels a little anti-climatic - it does to me. Maybe because the game wasn't very good after the first quarter. The game against the Pats felt more like the Super Bowl to me
    I sure agree with you here UB.

It was werid, I was so nervous that whole week leading up to the New England game. That week went by so slow. I had a lot of excitement. Only I kind of lost that excitment over the last two weeks, and these last two weeks went by kind of fast for me, IMO.

I think that part of that is, and I think that Peyton has said this a lot, that it's not the end of the journey but the journey itself that is so exciting. I agree with this. Against Kansas City it was LJ is going to run all over them, Indy shut him down. Baltimore was gonna shut us down and Jamaal Lewis was going to tear our defense up, we beat them. New England, the Colts were said to be unable to beat them in the playoffs, we beat them and we had the greatest comeback in AFC Championship histroy to do it. So we are in the Superbowl, I think you lose that excitment and it turned into nervousness and uncertainty. I know I was just relieved when they won.

WWWWWWHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! GO COLTS BABY!!!!!!! WE DID IT!!!!!! WHAT NOW BEARS?!?!?!?!?! BOOYAH!!!!!!

We are the champions....of the world.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Urlacher

First quareter
    1. Assisted tackle on second-and-ten after a fourteen yard gain for first down, which eventually led to...
    2. Solo Tackle on second-and-three to force third-and-two. Colts picked up first down on next play which led to...
    3. Solo Tackle on second-and-five to force third-and-four Colts picked up first down on next play and scored the Wayne touchdown a couple plays later

2nd Quarter
    4. Solo Tackle on Clark on second-and-seven to force third-and-two. Rhodes scored a couple plays later on a drive that Rhodes dominated
    5. Solo Tackle of first-and-ten to force second-and-seven, which eventually led to
    6. Solo Tacke on third-and-two; Colts missed FG on next play, the last play of half

Third quarter
    7. Solo Tackle on second-and-four after eight yard gain and first down, which led to
    8. Solo Tackle on third-and-eight after Utech gained eight yards and a first down, which eventuall led to a Colts FG.

Fourth quarter (last Colts' offensive possession)
    9. Solo Tackle on second-and-ten after Rhodes gained fifteen yards for a first down, which eventually led to
    10. Assisted Tackle on fourth-and-six after the Colts elected to not risk a blocked FG. This was the only time all game Urlacher helped get his defense off the field.

Rex Grossman may not have been very good, but he had a better performance than Urlacher. I just can't wait to see if Bears' fans are smart enough to figure that out or if they'll blame the "easy" (but misguided) target.

You know, the story of this game can easily be twisted this way: you take away the kickoff return on the opening kickoff and Thomas Jones' long run that set up the other Bears' touchdown, and this was a royal blowout. The Bears' should consider themselves quite fortunate they only lost by 12.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

just got back from down town on the circle, man that place was rocking Woooooooo!

world champs baby! I love it
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

And Bengals, Steelers, Jaguars, and Broncos. And maybe the Chiefs but they got a fortuitous playoff berth because those four teams ended up eliminating themselves.

The Bears may have been the best in the NFC, but they didn't belong in the top-ten of anyone's power rankings. The NFC, especially after McNabb got hurt, was *that* bad all season long.

I didn't even think the Colts played especially well, Manning was clearly conservative because of the slippery ball and because the game was in-hand. I thought he'd try to stretch the defense more in the second half but he didn't even need to try to.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

theres the paper that i had in those other pics, it looks a bit wore out because i was hanging out the passenger side window yelling and holding it up in below zero temps...so freaking worth it though
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Thumbs up Re: Official Colts vs. Bears Super Bowl thread!

You're right.

I was at that game and that is the best game (any year, any sport) that I've been to.

I've been to a World Series game, Pacers playoff games, a NCAA regional final, a few college bowl games, some very exciting races at the Speedway and I'm going to frame my ticket and program from the 2007 AFC Championship. They will be replaying that AFC Championship game for years!!

Quote Originally Posted by ABA_Pacers View Post
    Doesn't matter
    Seeing your "ABA_Pacers" screen name made me think of something.

I was quite happy that James Brown mentioned the 1973 ABA Champions as Indy's last major championship, instead of the usually-insulting statement that Indy had never had a champion before.

Thank you, James Brown/ CBS.

Bring it home to momma... that opening was great!
    How about that ending???