Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Grizz Post Game Thread

Default Pacers/Grizz Post Game Thread

HUGE WIN. Definitely a game the old Pacers would have lost.

JO and Tin-Man continue to lead the way with authority.

Maybe now Ike can start gettng more PT. Murph's broken nose was a blessing in disguise for this team. Ike is just a better player right now.

My one concern is poor FT shooting is starting to become a trend for this team. Gotta fix this for the stretch run.

Default PACERS vs MEMPHIS: POST GAME

NICE WIN PACERS!!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Pacers-Grizz game thread: JO, Tins, and Ike OH MY!

Great win tonight. Grizz gave us their best shot and we answered and won a good tough game. Tins with 25 pts and 9 assists played a great game and has been very good lately. JO with 25 and 17 and of course 3 blocks and is clearly a superior all around player to softie Pau, I never understood why people thought he was better than JO. And how about IKE. 19 and 9 in 23 minutes. Kid is an absolute beast on the low block. If he was 6'10" he'd be unstoppable.
    Really everyone played well except Feisty who had a rough night overall and never really got going on the boards or on D.

Good win, gotta go get the Warriors at home. 5 games over .500 for the first time this year.

GO Pacers

and for tonight

Go Blazers!!

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Default Re: Pacers/Grizz Post Game Thread

IKE was huge tonight. That was the kind of ball he was playing for Golden State last year before getting hurt and then falling out of the line up.

I wish someone would point out to Dunleavy that he is fading laterally on
    a majority of his shots and it is really affecting his percentage.
    Ike Diogu was a pleasure to watch tonight. I remember thinking about him in the draft with Granger. I never felt Granger would be there but I thought
    the Pacers had a good shot at Diogu. I also loved his FT percentage in college. Somehow the Pacers have ended up with both. What ya know??
    The Pacers have a very good TEAM now and everyone contributes.
    How about the Hulkster making an appearance. He did well. He has really
    lost some weight. He seems to move very quickly.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Whoa, i wish i could have seen this game. When i saw Ike had 19 points i thought it was minutes. I couldnt believe it. I really look forward to seeing him play more. I have been tough on Tinsley all year but lately he has been great. I think we all knew he could play like this. Im glad he is playing like he should because we look like a pretty good team right now.

On a side note, anyone got a video of DA blocking that shot last night?

streets ahead

i agree with the FT%... could somebody please fly reggie in to work with danny? please???

FANTASTIC win because, yes, the old pacers would have lost that game. which i find funny because, we got the "non-uptempo" players for ones that fit more into Nellie's vision but yet I really doubt the pre-trade pacers would have been able to keep up. i will also say i'm fairly impressed with memphis and their new uptempo style. they were excellent from 3pt.

loved the 51-34 rebounding advantage...

glad ike had a coming out party. nice to see 7-7 at the FT line. i'd love to get 19pts 8rbs out of him every night! also nice to see us close the 3rd and open the 4th so strongly. and good to see baston / harrison both play (harrison played for 4 minutes and DIDN'T FOUL... AT ALL... 4 WHOLE MINUTES!)

JO had a reliably great game 25pts 17reb.

overall a really balanced game from our side. very pleased with 6 wins in 7 games.
    This is the darkest timeline.

I only saw a bit of the game, but it was evidently the 4 minutes where Harrison was in. I thought he looked very good out there... he had a good defensive play, then came around and manhandled somebody on the other end. I know UB hates him, but I've always liked Harrison and would love for him to put the pieces together. He didn't make any big mistakes in the brief time I was watching him (probably more like 2 minutes), but was there any specific reason he didn't play more tonight?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    but was there any specific reason he didn't play more tonight?
    Ike Diogu and he is coming off an injury would be my guess.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

streets ahead

yeah baston played well too in limited minutes (better than david...baston had 7pts 3rbs) and he didn't see a lot more action (2 more minutes than david)

rick tends to play a deeper bench during the first half and then tightening it up in the 2nd.

i don't hate harrison, i am really disappointed in his lack of development and consistency. my comments were more in jest than dislike.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar

David has been given several opportunities to shine...and has generally disappointed. He will have to prove he can play well consistently to get time.

Ike is a stud that should play 30+ minutes every game. He has the type of game that should result in consistent performances. He has post moves that remind me of Sir Charles and Kevin McHale.

I only saw a bit of the game, but it was evidently the 4 minutes where Harrison was in. I thought he looked very good out there... he had a good defensive play, then came around and manhandled somebody on the other end. I know UB hates him, but I've always liked Harrison and would love for him to put the pieces together. He didn't make any big mistakes in the brief time I was watching him (probably more like 2 minutes), but was there any specific reason he didn't play more tonight?

I noticed during the end of his time he looked really winded out there. I think he probably would have played some more had Ike stunk it up or got in foul trouble.

David really impressed me in his 4 minutes.

Well, this is good news. He was Bruce Banner tonight?! Sorry - I'm being wrestled by a drunk person...will...post...mooore.

If someone could write up something that takes longer to read than the time Dave played, I would greatly appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    yeah baston played well too in limited minutes (better than david...baston had 7pts 3rbs) and he didn't see a lot more action (2 more minutes than david)
    I like Baston, too, as well as Josh Powell.

Flat-out, we've got too many young frontcourt players looking for time. I'd happily trade either Baston or Harrison for some backcourt help.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I wonder if we could package Foster/DH for some backcourt help thus freeing up minutes for Ike/Baston.

I love foster but you have to recognize he has a lot of value and as he is getting older we would be doing ourselves a favor in the long run to unload him while he is still a valued player.

More minutes for IKE is a GOOD thing.
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

Anyone get any Marquis updates???

Sports Logo

Lately.....we have seemed to focus on Dunleavy's poor shooting performance....as many of us know...he's streaky at times.

But can someone comment on whether he was able to contribute in other ways ( ballhandling, positioning, team defense, etc. )?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Lately.....we have seemed to focus on Dunleavy's poor shooting performance....as many of us know...he's streaky at times.

But can someone comment on whether he was able to contribute in other ways (ballhandling, positioning, team defense, etc. )?
    Yeah, decently. And he got a decent percentage tonight. But I'm in the minority that's actually not terribly impressed with his game. Maybe I'm too stupid to appreciate a really cerebral player. But I'd do an awful lot to upgrade Dunleavy to Mike Miller, and assuming health and no moves I'd love to see our starters as Danny-Quis-Tinsley and leave DunDun on the bench.

It's not like he's a BAD player. He's a solid utility infielder, which is nice. Like Cro, he'd be easier to accept if he didn't have that contract. But he's paid like a starter, and I'm not convinced he's good enough to be the starting 2-guard on this team. And honestly, I'd just as soon give the backup minutes to Rawle and Shawne.

Trophy and Dunleavy could vanish in a flash of cap space, and we wouldn't be significantly worse as a team. And we'd have a lot more future potential.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Yeah, decently. And he got a decent percentage tonight. But I'm in the minority that's actually not terribly impressed with his game. Maybe I'm too stupid to appreciate a really cerebral player. But I'd do an awful lot to upgrade Dunleavy to Mike Miller, and assuming health and no moves I'd love to see our starters as Danny-Quis-Tinsley and leave DunDun on the bench.

It's not like he's a BAD player. He's a solid utility infielder, which is nice. Like Cro, he'd be easier to accept if he didn't have that contract. But he's paid like a starter, and I'm not convinced he's good enough to be the starting 2-guard on this team. And honestly, I'd just as soon give the backup minutes to Rawle and Shawne.

Trophy and Dunleavy could vanish in a flash of cap space, and we wouldn't be significantly worse as a team. And we'd have a lot more future potential.
    I still don't think they're using him the right way.I agree with you watching Mike Miller tonight I wished he was on this team.He would be the perfect complimentary piece around JO and Granger.That being said I want to see how Dunlevy plays when he's playing pg/point forward.Thats really where he can help this team.he seems to get lost out there when he doesn't have the ball in his hands. He just seems less agressive.

Dunleavy is missing some open shots, but guess what? At least they're open shots. I'm used to watching Jackson shoot up some mess while being triple teamed on the run. So every time he misses an open one, I don't get upset. As long as it's in the flow of the offense, and it's a good look, I'm all for it.

-- Steve --

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46 View Post
    Dunleavy is missing some open shots, but guess what? At least they're open shots. I'm used to watching Jackson shoot up some mess while being triple teamed on the run. So every time he misses an open one, I don't get upset. As long as it's in the flow of the offense, and it's a good look, I'm all for it.

-- Steve --
    Agreed at least his shots are in the flow. However I think his one on one D is worse than advertised. He got beat like a bad rug by Mike Miller tonight. For the life of me I don't know why Danny wasn't on Miller. Apparently we trust Danny enough to guard Kobe, but not MIller. Dun's team D is decent, but when he gets isoed on his man it gets ugly.

Dunleavy should concentrate on things he's build for and and does well, which means sg, curling of a screen and shooting and an occasional drive to the hoop.

He does not have the handles to point anything but a turnover, he does not have the court-vision, heck he misses teammates on a break.

I like what I see of him, but just concentrate on being a SG and doing that very well and he'd be a perfect fit here.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    I wish someone would point out to Dunleavy that he is fading laterally on
    a majority of his shots and it is really affecting his percentage.
    AMEN!!!

This is why when he misses it's off so badly short or to the side. I think he's developed a nasty habit b/c it's been like that since he's been here. Especially noticeable in the Lakers game. He often does not set his feet even when open and just drifts back or to whatever side his momentum takes him.

If he could correct this we might be surprised how good of an outside threat he could be.

Last night was my kind of game (except for the Pacers poor defense for about 42 minutes) Pacers scored 60 points in the paint, dominated the rebounding and dominated the inside play.

Whenever Ike gets the ball I get excited - really excited - mainly because I expect him to score. What I see from him is the same thing I saw from Ike last season with the Warriors. It looks like he's defended well and that he won't be able to make the shot, but he usually finds a way to get it in the hole. And we haven't even seen his face up shooting yet. By the way isn't Ike the Pacers best free throw shooter.

As far as Dunleavy is concerned as long as he takes good shots, I'm fine with it, but I've noticed teams don't fear his outside shooting, they don't play up on him at all in fact teams back-off and almost dare him to shoot. But I'll repeat what I've been saying ever since we acquired Mike, I don't know why exactly - but generally speaking the Pacers are a better team when he's on the floor - he just makes things work.

As most of you know I'm a huge fan of Jeff Foster, but I have to admit the frontline of Granger, Ike and JO was really impressive and gave the Pacers a different look.

The knock on Ike out in G. State is that he is slow to learn the plays and his often lost on offense and defense. Maybe so, Rick said that Ike needs more reps to learn things then the other new guys - fair enough, but once Ike does learn what's he's doing look out.

Edit: Ike is the best % free throw shooter on the Pacers team. 81%