Thread: Anybody else see Kobe act like a no class jerk?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Anybody else see Kobe act like a no class jerk?

If you did then you already know what I'm talking about, if you didn't here is what happened. There were about 40 seconds left in the game and the Pacers had the game well in hand obviously Kobe drove hard around Danny and Tins I believe and dribbled it off his foot into the first row of the crowd. A guy in the crowd picked it up and tossed it back to Kobe, Kobe for whatever reason decided to chuck the ball back to the guy in what could best be described as a spiteful manner and then say something to him. It was a classless act by Kobe and he lost respect from me tonight. I don't know how many others saw this, but if a guy like lets say Ron Artest had done the same thing ESPN would be doing a cover story on it.

Look Kobe I know Danny Granger actually played in your jock D on you and obviously rattled you but you make yourself look like a baby by getting into it with Joe Schmoe in the crowd.

P.S.
    Granger outplayed Kobe tonight.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Default Re: Anybody else see Kobe act like a no class jerk?

Kobe is well known for being a jerk. Just ask Shaq and Kobe's "girlfriend" in Denver.

You had me at Kobe is a no class jerk. I have known that for several years. He is a talent and that is all the NBA cares about.

I saw that. The ref should have called a T

Indeed, more of the same from Kobe - no surprise.
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

hmm maybe they'll suspend him again....
    12/27/2005 at Spurs - SamBear - 3

1/2/2008 vs Memphis - SamBear - 19

4/9/2014 - Luis Scola also recorded a season high with 24 points and Evan Turner added 23 for Indiana.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

The funny thing is was the ESPN guys defending him regarding the Ginobili hit. "If he had a history of this behavior...."

He does. Not violence, but spitefulness and pettiness for certain. That's why I didn't mind the suspension because honestly to me it looked a lot like "F you Ginobili". Maybe outside the heat of battle he respects him, but at that moment he seemed intent on taking out his frustration.

That's his common theme. Ron's method is just one of many ways of being a rather unpleasant player to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Shack80 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You had me at Kobe is a no class jerk. I have known that for several years. He is a talent and that is all the NBA cares about.
    Was that really necessary?

I would hit Ginobili too...and I like the guy.

I don't like Kobe either, but how did the fan throw the ball in the first place? I'll need more details before I can make a decision...but I do trust you guys, so Kobe goes down a bit in my book.

Remeber when he went after Reggie in a game out in LA. (I don't remember the specifics - just that there was an incident - and didn't either Jeff or Cro get involved. I can't believe I don't remember that

Banned

Yes he went after Reggie.... had both hands around Reggies neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Remeber when he went after Reggie in a game out in LA. (I don't remember the specifics - just that there was an incident - and didn't either Jeff or Cro get involved. I can't believe I don't remember that
    'Yes, Kobe came after Reggie, but Reggie won the battle by pinning Kobe on the scorers table, Naptown is right tho he had his hands around Reggies neck.

LoneGranger the fan merely tossed it back to Kobe, I don't think the fan really knew what to do with the ball.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

I was at the game and we were on the other side on the lower level. I saw Kobe's expression get ****ty so I knew he did something.

Doesn't surprise me, though.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I can't go on until the parentheses' are closed!!!!
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Thanks for the info. FSN had just a snipet of this before they changed cameras. I was suprised the Quin and Chris didnt mention it. No question a very talented person - with arrested development.

Cro came out of the mess with a ripped jersey and red back. While he didn't do anything significant in the scuffle, Artest was also involved.

Mood

lol this made you lose respect for Kobe? this? kobe is a jerk. been that way for a while now.

I think Kobe tried to snatch the ball from the fan after it went out of bounds the fan kinda wouldn't give it to him and Kobe tried to snatch it again and Kobe got all indignent with that look like "Don't you know I'm Michael...er um... I mean Kobe Bryant", then the fan threw the ball to him or kinda at him then Kobe looked like that he threw it back at the fan, which you completely can not do.

I'm filling in some gaps, but that was completely my impression, if there isn't footage of this I'd be surprised for verification.

Kobe is just immature, always has been, a clever cheapshot when guys are guarding him physically, but a cheapshot nonetheless. Remember when Granger got his mouth busted open last year, wasn't that Kobe? Isn't there a lengthy track record of oops I accindently elbowed you in the face on several instances. Didn't he pop the Suns dude in the playoffs last year a couple of times?

I was at that game. Ron had frustrated Kobe into a horrible shooting night, very similar to this one and at the end of the game, a scuffle broke out and Kobe went straight after Reggie, tried to choke him, etc.

Robert Horry went straight after Croshere the second the scuffle broke out. It was actually quite funny...he ran over to the other side of the scuffle, about 20 feet from where he was standing, and went directly after Cro, not really caring about the rest of the scuffle (this was the year after Cro had torched him in the playoffs).
    Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team. -- Scottie Pippen

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Kobe has been a giant pr*ck from the day he entered the league, nothing has or will change. He's arguably the most talented player in the league, but he's a arrogant jerk and I can't stand his smirky face.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"