Thread: Shaq Fouls out!

Default Shaq Fouls out!

When's the last time that happened. Three cheers to the ref crew who has the balls to do that!!

The game is so much more credible when the refs call it the same for all players. Also adds drama to the game!

Water

Banned

Default Re: Shaq Fouls out!

I was watching, it seems to me he was still getting "shaq calls" but he wasn't as mobile so was making some obvious fouls.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by waterjater View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When's the last time that happened. Three cheers to the ref crew who has the balls to do that!!

The game is so much more credible when the refs call it the same for all players. Also adds drama to the game!

Water
    Well it happened in the 2000 Finals at the very least. Not sure since then.

Just because I was curious, # of times Shaq fouled out in the regular season, by season:

2006-2007: 2 (and counting)
    2005-2006: 4

Lakers

2004-2005: 4
    2003-2004: 3
    2002-2003: 4
    2001-2001: 2
    2000-2001: 5
    1999-2000: 2

That encompasses most if not all of the "Shaq Rules" years, so I'm not going any further back.

For those years, he fouled out on average once every 18.28 Regular Season games.

What's slightly interesting is that in the playoffs during that same stretch, he fouled out once every 16.95 games. Not much of a difference, but playoff teams are tougher opponents, which means he fouled out less against better competition.

Might be a little bit of truth to the "Shaq Rules". Or, it could be a sign of the more physical nature of the playoffs.

I'm spent. Anyone wanna do it for Jordan? Just add up all the foul-outs for a portion of his career, for regular season and playoffs. Then, add up all the playoff games, and go to nba.com and subtract them from total games played over that stretch. That will give you how many regular season and playoff games they've played over your chosen stretch. Do a little division, and you're done

Wow, nice work Eindar. Interesting. I would submit he fouled out more often than Jordan.

Water

It is such BS that mofo gets aways with what he does. I would like the guy, he ssems like a decent funny sort. The BS the Refs gives him pisses me off, so I will hate him forever.