Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: music at Pacers games - suggestions?

Default Re: music at Pacers games - suggestions?

I'll second Jay's suggestion of Long Tall Glasses. I'm guessing you'd be surprised at the reaction it gets.
    You're going to put Lonesome Day in your signature (Samantha wanted to watch the Barcelona DVD last night instead of Looney Tunes so I watched that while the game was TiVo'ing, Lonesome Day is very appropriate right now) but you're only going to back me on Long Tall Glasses? Now I feel betrayed. I was counting on at least one other vote.

BBBRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCEE!

Oh, I'm with you on the Bruce, too.......

In conjunction with the Trophy Love commercials I'll take "She's The One."
    If the Pacers happen to lose along the way, I'll have "I Wish I Were Blind". (Honorable mentions to For You, Ain't Got You, All or Nothin' at All, Crush on You, I Wanna Be With You, Roll of the Dice, So Young and in Love, Man at the Top, When You're Alone, My Best was never good enough (for Shade)).

Other than those I'd take a Prove it All Night, Ramrod, Cadillac Ranch, Lonesome Day, Badlands, Held up without a gun, From Small Things (Big Things one day come), Waitin' on a Sunny Day, Kitty's Back, Pink Cadillac, No Surrender, Land of Hope and Dreams, Leap of Faith, Light of Day, The Ties that Bind, Sherry Darling, Don't Look Back, Adam Raised a Cain, etc., etc..............
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'll second Jay's suggestion of Long Tall Glasses. I'm guessing you'd be surprised at the reaction it gets.
    You're going to put Lonesome Day in your signature (Samantha wanted to watch the Barcelona DVD last night instead of Looney Tunes so I watched that while the game was TiVo'ing, Lonesome Day is very appropriate right now) but you're only going to back me on Long Tall Glasses? Now I feel betrayed. I was counting on at least one other vote.

BBBRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCEE!

Oh, I'm with you on the Bruce, too.......

In conjunction with the Trophy Love commercials I'll take "She's The One."
    If the Pacers happen to lose along the way, I'll have "I Wish I Were Blind". (Honorable mentions to For You, Ain't Got You, All or Nothin' at All, Crush on You, I Wanna Be With You, Roll of the Dice, So Young and in Love, Man at the Top, When You're Alone, My Best was never good enough (for Shade)).

Other than those I'd take a Prove it All Night, Ramrod, Cadillac Ranch, Lonesome Day, Badlands, Held up without a gun, From Small Things (Big Things one day come), Waitin' on a Sunny Day, Kitty's Back, Pink Cadillac, No Surrender, Land of Hope and Dreams, Leap of Faith, Light of Day, The Ties that Bind, Sherry Darling, Don't Look Back, Adam Raised a Cain, etc., etc..............

That's better. But really, Rat, I give you a softball pitch and you still swing and miss. :P

Paul, I've always thought that Springsteen's cover of the Detroit Medley (from No Nukes, which is an official, not "bootlegged" release so you won't get in trouble that way) would be signficantly more fun than the standard version of Devil with a Blue Dress / Good Golly Miss Molly that's been played 324,246,605,486,879,329,448,288,329 times.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

pb777

BLegh, working streak kept me to busy, even my bed send me an sms to ask whether it could find employement elsewhere or if i cold at least send someone round to do some dusting

If you want a copy of Long Tall Glasses (if you can burn your own cd that is) then let me know and i will get it ready for you.

I wil still make some more suggestions, but only when i find some time, after all the game is tomorrow
    That would be great if you could shoot me the mp3. I'll pm you my email address, thanks!

pb777

I thought it was funny the last home game when you called yourself DJ Paul Bunyon. I'm sure that was an accidental slip of the tongue.
    Actually it wasn't a accident , that's his name that he uses DJ Paul Bunyon

"I'm the DJ inside Conseco at the Pacers games. I go by DJ Paul B at the games and by DJ Paul Bunyon elsewhere.
    That was an accident! I never said that, you didnt hear it

woman without a team

Because I refuse to admit that I like the same music as indygeezer I have another suggestion. Since Reb has been known to DJ weddings from time to time how 'bout he does the music and Paul takes his place on the PA.

PB, this is a bit off-topic but I'm curious...

How are you playing the tunes when you're DJing, and how does the set-up make its way into the PA system?

I notice you're using turntables but folks are mentioning the use of mp3s... are you playing records, or are the turntables just props? Do you have a cd player? Are you using Final Scratch?

And who's running the sound board? Do they give you cues so you know when it's your "turn" to take over the PA system, or it all that set up in advance?

Just curious... I'm an electronic musician myself, so I'm a nerd when it comes to this stuff...

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Because I refuse to admit that I like the same music as indygeezer I have another suggestion. Since Reb has been known to DJ weddings from time to time how 'bout he does the music and Paul takes his place on the PA.

Grace...it is well that you admit your inner self. With truth, the blossom that is you can flourish. Let the truth flow Grace. Embrace the truth and allow yourself to become one with those who are true geezers.

If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

woman without a team

Grace...it is well that you admit your inner self. With truth, the blossom that is you can flourish. Let the truth flow Grace. Embrace the truth and allow yourself to become one with those who are true geezers.

So did Long Tall Glasses ever get played?

You know what I'd love?

During the playoffs, if the Pistons do something REALLY classless in our house, and one is in the process of getting ejected, I'd love for PB to say over the speaker "Ladies and gentlemen... that's DETROOOIIIIT BAAASKETBAAAALL!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know what I'd love?

During the playoffs, if the Pistons do something REALLY classless in our house, and one is in the process of getting ejected, I'd love for PB to say over the speaker "Ladies and gentlemen... that's DETROOOIIIIT BAAASKETBAAAALL!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    You know what I'd love?

Love It, but I'd say PB would get in trouble and we don't want that.

How about something premixed, repeating : Die Stern Die, Die Stern Die or Burn Detroit Burn.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

pb777

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop
    Love It, but I'd say PB would get in trouble and we don't want that.

How about something premixed, repeating : Die Stern Die, Die Stern Die or Burn Detroit Burn.
    WHOA!!!

pb777

MSA2CF - I have played that, but not lately. I'll play it probably at the last home game this season, and again in the playoffs.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pb777
    WHOA!!!
    Yeah, your dead if you said that. Commisoner Stern would be angry and we don't like him when he's angry....

Based on DJ Paul Bunyon's past beahavior, the decision was unanimous 1-0.That PB is suspended for the rest of the year.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Mood

Extra stuff has been split to the shout box.

Astral Projection, I have heard of them before. What type of music are they? I noticed he said Trance, is that a type of music nowadays?
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

3ptmiller

Its just funny how everybody in here dislike hiphop/rap/r&b music.. my post even got removed!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by 3ptmiller
    Its just funny how everybody in here dislike hiphop/rap/r&b music.. my post even got removed!
    Your post and the direct responses are on the Shout Box forum elsewhere on PD.

3ptmiller

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Your post and the direct responses are on the Shout Box forum elsewhere on PD.
    Ahh! my fault.. aight then on my way to teh shoutz0r box

The longevity of the classics at Pacers games is what has always amazed me. A lot of the songs they play are very obscure and outdated, but it just wouldn't be a Pacers' game without them. "Shout" and the one talking about "not wanting to work or play, I just want to bang on the drum all day" have been played at MSA for as long as I can remember. Do other stadiums do this, or is it just an Indiana thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Eindar
    The longevity of the classics at Pacers games is what has always amazed me. A lot of the songs they play are very obscure and outdated, but it just wouldn't be a Pacers' game without them. "Shout" and the one talking about "not wanting to work or play, I just want to bang on the drum all day" have been played at MSA for as long as I can remember. Do other stadiums do this, or is it just an Indiana thing?
    No idea... but... I noticed MSG using a lot of organ music when the Pacers last played there (Knicks). And of the stuff played, I heard the theme from Green Acres when the Pacers had the ball.

I have to admit I got a chuckle out of that.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Eindar
    The longevity of the classics at Pacers games is what has always amazed me. A lot of the songs they play are very obscure and outdated
    Those of us who are outdated and obscure like it that way.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Paul B. How can i get a hold of one of your cd mixes? BTW I Like The Music

2006 WORLD CHAMPION INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

pb777

Hit up my site: www.djpaulbunyon.com

or check out my eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/PBMIX-by-DJ-P...3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm

Thanks!