Thread: Quis out!

Default Quis out!

Looks like he'll miss his 3rd straight game tonight!

Hope Dun Dun can stay out of foul trouble. Rawle will need to step up again.

Hulk and Mcleod also expected to return.

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/preview_070202.html

Default Re: Quis out!

I think that we will be fine without Marquis as long as he hasn't out to long. I am excited though to see Rawle and maybe Shawne Williams get a chance to show what they can do. Also, i'm hoping McLeod suprises me and I hope he is better than I think he is.

There will be some interesting matchups tonight. Danny will guard Kobe, Dunleavy will be on Vladimir. That should be a fair matchup for Dunleavy. Also up front it could be Murphy vs Bynum which would be like day and night. I think Jermaine will probably get Bynum though. That means Murphy will be on Lamar which is going to be just as tough for him as the Rasheed matchup was. I expect to see a lot of Foster tonight.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rommie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think that we will be fine without Marquis as long as he hasn't out to long. I am excited though to see Rawle and maybe Shawne Williams get a chance to show what they can do. Also, i'm hoping McLeod suprises me and I hope he is better than I think he is.

There will be some interesting matchups tonight. Danny will guard Kobe, Dunleavy will be on Vladimir. That should be a fair matchup for Dunleavy. Also up front it could be Murphy vs Bynum which would be like day and night. I think Jermaine will probably get Bynum though. That means Murphy will be on Lamar which is going to be just as tough for him as the Rasheed matchup was. I expect to see a lot of Foster tonight.
    We're gonna have a tough time on defense......although Granger and ( hopefully ) Rawle can minimize the amount of scoring that Kobe will do.....if Dunleavy and Murphy are left to defend Odom ( who started playing again ) and Bynum....I got a feeling that this is going to be a high scoring game on both end.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

This is bad for chemistry purposes more than anything. We need Marquis in there to start gelling now that he has some clear-cut time. I feel bad for him.

I was hoping 'Quis would be available tonight so the Pacers could use Rawle and Daniels to keep throwing fresh bodies at Kobe. Oh, well, I guess McCleod could be used in a pinch tonight.
    Go Pacers!
    Indy Cornrows

Dream Big

Start Rawle, put him on Kobe and watch him shut him down.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by tora tora View Post
    Start Rawle, put him on Kobe and watch him shut him down.
    I can see Rawle get 5 quick fouls while guarding Kobe ( he just has a good knack for drawing fouls...especially against inexperienced aggressive guards ).

It doesn't matter anyway....Dunleavy will probably start next to Granger....and Granger will likely guard Kobe for the majority of the game.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Here is a game where i'd start Foster over Murphy...

I can't see Murphy hangin' with Odom... without getting in quick foul trouble, same with JO. Foster has quick feet and good instincts, he should at least be able to somewhat contain Odom.

Yeah I would much rather start Granger on Kobe. Kobe being a superstar, would be bad news for Rawle when it comes to cheap fouls! Granger or Dun Dun will get more leeway.

Quis would have been nice to have tonight, he's been playing well at both ends and seems to be coming into his own. Hope the layoff isn't a setback.
    I wonder if he'll miss tomorrow as well, and then return for the trade matchup.

Dream Big

Everybody assumes that Rawle will get in quick foul trouble. I say give him a chance! If he gets 2 quick fouls then fine, put Granger on him. Rawle Marshall has more potential than Ike "the midget post player" Diogu.

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    Yeah I would much rather start Granger on Kobe. Kobe being a superstar, would be bad news for Rawle when it comes to cheap fouls! Granger or Dun Dun will get more leeway.
    Rawle will get his chance at Kobe at some point. I'm sure he'll be fine but much like going up against Rip Hamilton, he's gonna get no benefit of the doubt from the refs, just the way of the NBA...
    Go Pacers!
    Indy Cornrows

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    Here is a game where i'd start Foster over Murphy...

I can't see Murphy hangin' with Odom... without getting in quick foul trouble, same with JO. Foster has quick feet and good instincts, he should at least be able to somewhat contain Odom.
    I dont really see anyone hanging with Odom.
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

Foster normally does a solid job on Odom. (When we played the Heat during the 2nd Round in 04, he played great D on Odom)

As for Harrison returning to the active lineup, he might get a few minutes tonight due to Bynum, but on most nights I don't see there being minutes for him because we are already struggling to find Ike minutes. A rotation with 5 bigs isn't going to work.

McLeod will defintely see some minutes especially against bigger PGs that can overpower Armstrong (Billups, Baron Davis) It looks as if it's his turn to claim the 3rd PG spot after Orien Greene couldn't get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    I dont really see anyone hanging with Odom.
    You could go small. and Start Danger at the 4. JO at the 5. Dun dun at the 3 and rawle at the 2. It won't happen, but Rawle could guard Kobe and Danger on Odom.

Quote Originally Posted by bnd45 View Post
    As for Harrison returning to the active lineup, he might get a few minutes tonight due to Bynum, but on most nights I don't see there being minutes for him because we are already struggling to find Ike minutes. A rotation with 5 bigs isn't going to work.
    Gotta find Harrison some minutes to pique someone's interest before the trade deadline.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

He's a 7 footer. That alone will have another team interested in him. Add in the fact that he's young, and I'm fairly certain we could trade him without showcasing him and his value would stay the same.

We definitely need to trade 1 big. Right now we have 6, and there really are only minutes for 4 (having 5 is a nice luxury)

This game might be one of the best opportunities to showcase Harrison for a trade. Matching him up against Bynum in the second unit sounds good.

If this was a game where the Pacers weren't looking to feature trade prospects, I would want them to stick to our normal rotation, and make adjustments as necessary. If we can land a 2nd round pick for Harrison, I'd be fine. If he comes out and blows the door off this game, trade him for a 2nd round pick and some nachos.

Everybody assumes that Rawle will get in quick foul trouble. I say give him a chance! If he gets 2 quick fouls then fine, put Granger on him. Rawle Marshall has more potential than Ike "the midget post player" Diogu.
    I like Rawle, but nope.

He might be small in height, but let's not forget his 7'2" wingspan. I'm sure you haven't seen him play very much because if you have, theres no way in hell you would have said what you just did. I'm saying that and I'm big on Rawle myself.

Sports Logo

What's up with Marquis?

I don't even know what is the nature of his injury.

Tendinitis in the left knee. Stephen Jackson has battled it in the past. It's not season-ending, but it can take a player in and out of the lineup on any night.

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    Tendinitis in the left knee. Stephen Jackson has battled it in the past. It's not season-ending, but it can take a player in and out of the lineup on any night.
    Hope we start seeing more IN then out!