Thread: More weight loss news

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default More weight loss news

As most of you know, over the past year I have lost a little over 80 pounds using the Weight Watchers' On-line program. (I may put the avatar back up after the college hoops season ends.) Well, in November i set WW an e-mail about my success to their Success Stories division. They replyed and attached a series of forms for me to fill out in case they wanted to feature me in a story. I was going to send them in, but I never got around to it and forgot.

Today I got another e-mail from them wondering if I was still interested in submitting the forms because they are having a photo shot in San Fran featuring guys that have had success using WW's. The lady said that they would fly me out if I wanted to be included. The bad part is that I will be in Wisconsin the same week training for my new job. I may see if I can still go out that weekend, but I'm not sure yet.

I'm still kind of amazed at this, so i'll let you know later what happens. I know some of you are working on losing some weight yourselves, so i thought I'd share.

Default Re: More weight loss news

That's freaking GREAT, Ken!! You've got to find a way to be at that photo shoot. Not only will it be a source of pride for you, but it'll also be a good way to put some pressure on yourself to keep it up.

I'm a big fan of weight watchers. My wife has been on weight watchers for years. People look at her and ask, "How can you be a size 4 and go to weight watchers?" Her response is always, "because I GO TO WEIGHT WATCHERS."
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Awesome Ken!!

I'm one of the others working on losing weight, and Ken's avatar/story is what motivated me to start. I have been on WW for about 11 weeks and have lost almost 30 lbs. It would be more, but I've fallen off the wagon a little as of late...Just getting back on, and plan to lose another 30 or so...Ken is definitely an inspiration!!

You should absolutely find a way to make that photo shoot happen if you can, Ken. I agree with Skaut; you will be glad you did!!

Good luck!

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

Awesome Ken.

Ken also inspired me as I had sent him an email back in Decmeber that I joined LA weight loss with my wife.

In the first 6 weeks I lost 17 lbs. unfortunately, Ive fallen off the wagon the last 3 weeks and gained 3 lbs back, but Im back on the wagon and working on it again. My goal is a total loss of 60 lbs. Thanks for the inspiriation Ken.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm honored to have given you guys a boost. I don't like to get too religious on here, but I think God puts us all in a place for a reason. I know my b-ball contibutions are not the greatest, so maybe I'm around for this. I thank him every day for giving me the strength and my wife to help keep me focused. Having her do it with me has made it so much easier.

Don't get discouraged about falling off and gaining a few pounds. I have not been very steady lately and have gained a couple myself. It has got me more focused on getting back to working out and eating better. Keep up the great work!

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Free trip to San Francisco?

If you've never been there, you're in for a treat.

Congrats!
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

I think that's great. Too many men ignore their weight, considering it a women's issue or something.

I've put a few pounds back on myself, switching from South Beach to the vegetarian Ornish Diet. Man, that's hard to stick with!
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ....San Francisco?
    .....treat.
    Can you eat Rice-a-roni on Weight Watchers?
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

You can eat anything on weight watchers. Anything can be counted on points. I mean I could see ya eating an entire days worth of points in one dish, but whatever gets it done....

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Good job! I've lost 20 pounds on WW.

80 lbs. is frickin' awesome!

WOOHOO!