Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 92

Thread: Toronto post-game... Pacers Win!

  1. #1
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Toronto post-game... Pacers Win!

    What a game. Really nice effort, considering how hot the Raptors were. Can't say enough nice things about Danny and Jermaine.

    I know people are down on his stats, but I thought Tinsley played fine tonight. If he played like that every night, we'd do ok. He didn't jack shots, and he made good passes. A lot of his passes got dropped, which didn't help matters. The offense in the first quarter was as jerky as I've seen in a while.

    Jermaine is so quiet out there... he's like a machine. He was getting frozen out by Dunleavy, and he just kept distributing the ball and playing inside the system. I *REALLY* like his game right now. Once upon a time, I was on his case to learn how to pass the ball. Looks like he listened.

    What can you say about DA? Actually I thought he was pushing it a little in the first half, but the second half was great. Absolutely great. I can't help but think we're using him up too fast, but it's nice while it lasts.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  2. #2
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Toronto post-game... Pacers Win!

    QUIS MY BOY
    SHAWNE MY BOY
    DA,TINS,DANNY MY BOYS.

    You already know how JO does it. Still the best big man in the east, should have started in the all star game. Ohh boy its lovely.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Toronto post-game... Pacers Win!

    I agree. And the key thing is not just that we're winning, but that the team is actually fun to watch.

  4. #4
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,754

    Default Re: Toronto post-game... Pacers Win!

    i think they should have... around the 2:40 mark... given diogu, greene, marshall williams and baston some minutes
    This is the darkest timeline.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Toronto post-game... Pacers Win!

    Two games in a row, the Pacers score more than 60 point in a half.
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

  6. #6

    Default Re: Toronto post-game... Pacers Win!

    In the Bosh vs. JO match up, I really thought JO had the best of it. Bosh had the flashier double-double, but JO the more complete game and a stronger team surrounding him on the glass. Very nice job with 7 assists + block + steal. His passing tonight was just great. With this new lineup we are getting much more motion when JO has the ball in the post, which creates so many new options for him other than shooting a fadeaway over a double team.

  7. #7
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,577

    Default Re: Toronto post-game... Pacers Win!

    perfect scenario...pacers win tomorrow...chicago and cleveland lose and that would move us up even further in the rankings.

    Just wondering though, can anyone tell me why you guys call tins mel mel?

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    193

    Default Re: Toronto post-game... Pacers Win!

    Great effort all around! Nice to have a 3 game winning streak again. Our defence was good as we held a good Raptors team to 84 points. Dun Dun got it going and ended up shooting well. Almost all of our starters took 10 shots each... Now that's balance!

  9. #9

    Default Re: Toronto post-game... Pacers Win!

    If we ever figure how to start games as well as finish them, this team could be pretty awesome. Though let's face it, we were shooting out of our a$$ during parts of the second half.

  10. #10
    Member skyfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,558

    Default Re: Toronto post-game... Pacers Win!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    perfect scenario...pacers win tomorrow...chicago and cleveland lose and that would move us up even further in the rankings.

    Just wondering though, can anyone tell me why you guys call tins mel mel?
    I'm not 100% sure on this but I think his nickname on the NY playgrounds was "Mel Mel the Abuser". These days Mel Mel usually represents when an opposing PG takes Tins out of his game and he starts going 1on5 as if its a personal affront to his game.

  11. #11
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,577

    Default Re: Toronto post-game... Pacers Win!

    Quote Originally Posted by arenn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    we were shooting out of our a$$ during parts of the second half.

    Like quise draining one from 47 feet? LMAO


    Seriously though think about it guys Some really shotty officiating in that game where we faced the Knicks at home and we had just gotten our new guys one practice and we were still in that game. We already have matched our biggest win streak off the season 4 GAMES AFTER THE TRADE!!! Lets keep this up go in to Detroit tomorrow and show them who the class of the East really is.


  12. #12
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Toronto post-game... Pacers Win!

    Tinsley got the nickname Mel Mel when he was playing street ball in NY during his younger days.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Toronto post-game... Pacers Win!

    It was nice to have a game where the officiating wasn't questioned. Javie and crew a job well done. I've heard players say that Javie is one of the better officials in the league. I don't remember any questionable calls, thats rare.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    193

    Default Re: Toronto post-game... Pacers Win!

    Rebounding the last 3 games

    Pacers 47 bulls 36 +11
    Pacers 52 heat 43 +9
    Pacers 45 Raptors 36 +9

  15. #15
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Toronto post-game... Pacers Win!

    Quote Originally Posted by arenn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we ever figure how to start games as well as finish them, this team could be pretty awesome. Though let's face it, we were shooting out of our a$$ during parts of the second half.
    Agreed. I'm cautiously optimistic, but we did get very lucky-hot to pull away in the end.

  16. #16
    Member quiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alaska....
    Age
    52
    Posts
    145

    Default Re: Toronto post-game... Pacers Win!

    Quote Originally Posted by arenn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In the Bosh vs. JO match up, I really thought JO had the best of it. Bosh had the flashier double-double, but JO the more complete game and a stronger team surrounding him on the glass. Very nice job with 7 assists + block + steal. His passing tonight was just great. With this new lineup we are getting much more motion when JO has the ball in the post, which creates so many new options for him other than shooting a fadeaway over a double team.

    this was a game if some one just glanced at the stats... might be confused but JO really outplayed Bosh in the game.... key stat in the match up that you have to look hard to find... Bosh scored 11 of his 26 in 4th after the game was out of reach.. (14 pt lead..) JO really didn't play in the 4th qtr... and only scored 2 or his 21... Jo got his stats in the first 3 qtrs when it was a game .. Bosh got his stats in 4th when it had already been decided.... compare the stats of the two after the 3rd qtr not the game....
    You didn't think it was gonna be that easy, did you? ..... You know, for a second there, yeah, I kinda did.....
    Silly rabbit..... Trix are for kids.

  17. #17
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,996

    Default Re: Toronto post-game... Pacers Win!

    Rebounding the ball has really made a huge difference. The new guys grabbed 18 tonight...and scored 25.

    BTW, our newfound dominance on the boards is why we are winning.

  18. #18
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Toronto post-game... Pacers Win!

    Quote Originally Posted by aceace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was nice to have a game where the officiating wasn't questioned. Javie and crew a job well done. I've heard players say that Javie is one of the better officials in the league. I don't remember any questionable calls, thats rare.
    I can think of one early, but they called a good game. They didn't hack the tempo to pieces by blowing the whistle every possession.

  19. #19
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,754

    Default Re: Toronto post-game... Pacers Win!

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerFreak31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rebounding the last 3 games

    Pacers 47 bulls 36 +11
    Pacers 52 heat 43 +9
    Pacers 45 Raptors 36 +9
    stats i'm very pleased about...
    This is the darkest timeline.

  20. #20
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,691

    Default Re: Toronto post-game... Pacers Win!

    All about Mel Mel the Abuser : http://www.brooklynusa.org/espn1.htm
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  21. #21
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,106

    Default Re: Toronto post-game... Pacers Win!

    Quote Originally Posted by aceace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was nice to have a game where the officiating wasn't questioned. Javie and crew a job well done. I've heard players say that Javie is one of the better officials in the league. I don't remember any questionable calls, thats rare.
    when a game goes close...then the questionable calls just scream at you cause every possession counts....when you have a comfy lead...you just take it as a missed call and move on...

    as for the game...I think all in all it was a good game by the Pacers....I can't really remember a Pacers team that was able to play well from the get-go...it's always been an achilles heel of the team....

    in regards to individual play...I'm liking the trade cause not only do we now have guys that can give us relief in rebounding...but we literally have upgraded DG and QUIS at the same time!

    As others have mentioned....this team is now being fun to watch...lets keeping it going!

  22. #22

    Default Re: Toronto post-game... Pacers Win!

    Quote Originally Posted by aceace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was nice to have a game where the officiating wasn't questioned. Javie and crew a job well done. I've heard players say that Javie is one of the better officials in the league. I don't remember any questionable calls, thats rare.
    There were two pretty bad calls. One was the out of bounds that they ruled off Foster that didn't come near him. The refs just weren't looking. The other was the no-call on the goal tending. My guess is that Toronto fans would probably pick a couple as well. But overall, not a terribly officiated game.

  23. #23
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Toronto post-game... Pacers Win!

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerFreak31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rebounding the last 3 games

    Pacers 47 bulls 36 +11
    Pacers 52 heat 43 +9
    Pacers 45 Raptors 36 +9
    I love this. Rebounding has always seemed to be a team weakness of the Pacers. Having a good one now is a huge plus for winning. There are two things that cover a multitude of sins: Shooting and rebounding. We don't have that kind of shooting, but the rebounding gives us more opportunities to put the ball in the whole and keep us alive until an offensive burst gives us the advantage later in the game.

  24. #24

    Default Re: Toronto post-game... Pacers Win!

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerFreak31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great effort all around! Nice to have a 3 game winning streak again. Our defence was good as we held a good Raptors team to 84 points. Dun Dun got it going and ended up shooting well. Almost all of our starters took 10 shots each... Now that's balance!
    No one put up riduculous desperate shots tonight at least I don't remember any.

  25. #25
    Member quiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alaska....
    Age
    52
    Posts
    145

    Default Re: Toronto post-game... Pacers Win!

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No one put up riduculous desperate shots tonight at least I don't remember any.

    hmmm I would call Quins.. 47 ft against the shoot clock a little strange though.. dont see that often.. unless it's at the end of the qtr...
    You didn't think it was gonna be that easy, did you? ..... You know, for a second there, yeah, I kinda did.....
    Silly rabbit..... Trix are for kids.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •