Thread: I LOVE this team!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default I LOVE this team!!

Alright this is the first time I had gotten to see this team in action live at Conseco and all I can say is that I am impressed. I feel like this team fits. We don't have a bunch of grinding parts. Nobody seems to consistently play out of the gameplan, though I am sure some would say that Tins does from time to time and while he may I don't feel it is nearly as bad as the worst of the chucking that Al and Jack would occasionally engage in.

Let me just start with the two things that might be making me happiest right now, Quis and our frontcourt. It makes me so happy that Quis is finally getting time on the court as our sixth man. When hes out there things just click and since he plays good minutes he is now given more room to create. This just opens up all sorts of oppurtunities for the team whether it be someone getting open at the three point line for Quis to find or for Quis to get a good look close to the hole the offense works. I especially liked what I saw when Dun and Quis were on the floor at the same time. Its a fantastic change of pace from the Dun and Danny or Quis and Danny combos. It definetely seems to keep the oppposing D on its toes and its a nice backup plan for certain matchups. Now on to our frontcourt in general. I love the way we crash the boards now. With JO, Murphy, and Foster I feel confident enough to say that we have one of the best three man rotations of rebounders in the NBA. Not to mention Danny and Dun are both good rebounders at the 2 and 3 spots. I also love the fact that JO and Murphy work so well with each other it allows Foster to come in off the bench and just murder either backups or worn out starters on the boards. Plus our rebounding was slowly becoming a trend even before the trade. We have only been outrebounded once in the past eleven games.

Danny's increased involvement in the offense, JO's continued steadying play, and our ball movement are also looking up. Danny TOOK over in the third and from the way I understand it he did something similar against the Heat in the 4th and OT. The kid knows how to step up already and you just feel like the three is good as soon as it leaves his hand. JO continues to be awesome. His passing tonight was nothing short of extraordinary for a big man. He didn't get his 7th straight double-double but it didn't matter, he managed to have a huge impact on the game even though he was battling constant double teams. Finally our ball movement looked great to me tonight. As I already said the Quis and Dun combo at the two and three was just beautiful to watch at times, but Danny also ran a great fast break with Quis in the second half. Murphy struggled with his shot tonight, but he never seemed to bog down the offense at all. This offense just seems to flow.

Obviously all of this should probably be taken with a grain of salt and the game at the Palace tomorrow will tell us a lot, but I really think Donnie Walsh had one of those crazy strokes of genius when he pulled off this trade. I was convinced it was a Donnie move from the moment I heard about it and now I am almost certain. A win tomorrow in Detroit would be monumental for this team IMO. Go Pacers!

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Default Re: I LOVE this team!!

Same story here, man. I was at the game and it was the first time I've seen this new team. It feels so much better so have got rid of the shot-chuckers in favor of some team players. Also, being so loaded in terms of rebounding just makes me all giddy inside. Almost everyone on our team who plays big minutes is a good rebounder for their position. I love this trade already, and you know what? Ike hasn't been doing much yet. If he develops like some think, this trade just becomes golden. I love our young talent with Danny, Ike, and Shawne. They are all going to be good. The only sad part is that as a DH fan, I don't think he's going to get much of a chance now that our frontcourt is loaded. I think he'll eventually be moved to a team where he at least has hopes of contributing and developing...
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

me ,too

I hear you and agree. I like the new guys Trophy the must so far, Ike I can see being a big part of our future. I think the biggest win is Quis and Granger. They are fun, I like them being a big part of the game. I am impressed by JO in all this though, he took seeing his friend traded away again in stride and is playing his best ball I have ever seen, IMHO. I like this team, it is not going to get us a title this year, but things are headed in the right direction.

Quis is just uncanny around the basket. People rarely block his shot. He is one
    of the more unique players in the league as far as style is concerned.
    Murphy also is very good at getting the ball in the hoop when he is in tight.
    He uses some unusual spin to get the ball to fall. This team is fun.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Its called chemistry, it comes in a package called trophy-dun-granger-quis. You could call it addition by subtraction. Before this is over with we may all be able to recall the exact moment and where we were when we heard about "the trade". Tonight 1/28 will be a big road test against a good and also improved team. The second half against Toronto was beautiful. Everyone involved doing something. Dunleavy made several plays that just doesn't show up in the stats. Murphy showed he can rebound with anyone. Grangers become quite the scoring threat. Quis showed he could knock it down from anywhere on the court *smile*, plus some great drives. Armstrongs playing like he's 28 instead of 38. Its rubbing off on Tinsley also, he played pretty solid overall. JO had 7 assists finding people who could knock it down. Fosters never seen a rebound opportunity he didn't like. (thats our top 8 which is what you need to compete) Ike and Shawn look solid for the future.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

streets ahead

I really like what I'm seeing out there. I'm interested to watch how they handle tonight, a better more established Detroit team on a back to back. I thought tonights game was fun to watch but this is going to tell us a lot about this new team. I don't think it is absolutely necessary to win, but I think it would be really important, not only to lock up the season series, but to give us a 4 game win streak with Boston coming in on Tuesday...
    This is the darkest timeline.