Thread: We were so lucky...

Default We were so lucky...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors

Season Over?
    Jan 27 - The New Orleans Hornets are conceding that the popular ex-King might be finished for 2006-07, raising the fear that Peja Stojakovic will never reclaim his past Sacramento form. Coach Byron Scott put the return of his starting small forward as a "might," and when asked if Stojakovic is done for the season, said, "I think that's a realistic possibility. I think you've got to be prepared for that. In Peja's situation, you have to be prepared for the worst." -- Sacramento Bee

Stojakovic, who stayed in Oklahoma City while the Hornets played his former team, told Scott he plans to return this season. His rehabilitation is going well, Scott said, though Stojakovic has been getting frustrated because, "we keep a real tight leash on what he does. They don't want to overdo it." -- New Orleans Times-Picayune

Think about it, not only is Peja potentially gone for the rest of the season, but theoretically could become a shell of his former self. Would have killed us if we still had him aboard.

Then on top of it to think that we got a 7.5mm trade exception for him as well. Given the circumstances, Pacers came out of the Artest situation as well as could be expected.

Default Re: We were so lucky...

Pejas had a great team during his run... I loved watching him shoot the ball back in the day, but he's done.

The Kings knew he was finished.... I realized it too when he didn't play in the playoffs last year.

I gotta give Peja a lot of respect though, he was a high level player in his prime. I enjoyed watching him play.

Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

How long until v_d_g responds to this?

Tick...tick...tick... I'm waiting.

Guy was definitely one of the 5 best shooters I've ever seen.

Hate to be crass, but...

Called it.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Banned

I never liked Peja, he had no heart for basketball. Now he gets paid millions to sit, which I'm sure makes him happy.

I hated how he left us out to dry in the playoffs but I loved his game overall. If we could have had Peja in his prime right now out there with Danny, I would like that very much.

I just want to see the people respond that wanted him to stay here so badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ev_eezy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just want to see the people respond that wanted him to stay here so badly.
    i'm not one of the ones who was broken hearted when he left. but, i'm sure the ones that wanted him to stay badly didn't think that there was a chance that he wouldn't be playing.

I predicted over the summer that Peja had a lot of wear and tear on him - that he was older than his actual age.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

When you start playing pro ball in your early to mid teen years...You will get old in a HURRY! Dealing with Peja was like a game of musical chairs...The Hornets just didn't have a chair when the music stopped.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

streets ahead

i wanted him to stay, but not for the price. i figured at limited minutes for somewhere a little higher than the vet minimum, he would have been a great bit of shooting off the bench. but as i said, given the price, no way... i knew he was reaching the twilight but he played very well for us in his short time (til the playoffs, but hey, really AJ showed up to play jersey no many others)
    This is the darkest timeline.

I'm glad they didn't waste money on a one dimensional, injury prone, heart lacking cap killer like him.

I was horrified when they traded Artest for him, afraid they might actually be dumb enough to re-sign this guy...

I believe that after all the pain this orgnanization went through with the Artest
    fiasco and Jacksons antics that the tide has finally turned and good
    fortune has found the Pacers. Getting DG and Shawne Williams and not being
    stuck with Peja and his huge contract and injuries, moving Jackson(thank you),
    almost all the bad taste is gone from my mouth. It was to the point I would not
    watch the Pacers anymore. But adding Murphy and Dunleavy with Ike it
    icing on the cake. These Pacers are fun to watch again and may end up being the best team since the ABA days. I know some will say I am getting carried away but I see something special possibly happening with this team. Carlisle is
    the perfect coach for this collection of players and vice versa. They are almost
    all team oriented guys and is that fun to watch.
    What has happened to bring us to this point is a combination of wise decisions
    and providence. TPTB deserve credit, just like they deserved criticism for the
    previous moves that started the downfall.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-