12 40.00%
  • Strongly disagree

10 33.33%
  • I'm not sure

3 10.00%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 01/27/2007 Game Thread 43: Pacers vs Raptors

Default Re: 01/27/2007 Game Thread 43: Pacers vs Raptors

Great heads up look upcourt from Tinsley to Dunleavy, who comes up with the nice assist to Murph. Well done all around there.

Worst officials ever!

We've been the victims of a couple of horrible calls that were inexcusable by the officials.

HOW THE HELL DOES THAT CAVEMAN TIP THE BALL OFF THE DAMN BASKET AND NOT GET CALLED FOR GOALTENDING?

Sports Logo

No goaltending....the ball was rimming out.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

How many of our last few shots were taken by Tinsley? I thought he had a few bad sequences there at the end. Hopefully he picks it up in the second.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Crap referees! No more needs to be said about that.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Pacers get screwed over by the officials again. Thats three absolutely inexusably bad calls in the first half. WHY? I watch a lot of basketball and all the worst calls go against this team, I swear to God.
    "Ever wonder what it's like to wonder what it's like to wonder, they get up out of bed but can't awaken from their slumber, they know what they've been told by those who know what they've been told, you see this hand me down knowledge generated ages ago, and I know what they've been told because I've been told the same thing, I had to broaden my horizons to expand on greater things..." Many Styles

Can someone please force Tinsley to make a good play? Outside of his pass to O'Neal and downcourt pass to Dunleavy, he's made really bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No goaltending....the ball was rimming out.
    As long as the ball touches the rim it is goaltending, this is not european rules basketball.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Quote Originally Posted by arenn View Post
    How many of our last few shots were taken by Tinsley? I thought he had a few bad sequences there at the end. Hopefully he picks it up in the second.
    Which sequence was bad?
    "Ever wonder what it's like to wonder what it's like to wonder, they get up out of bed but can't awaken from their slumber, they know what they've been told by those who know what they've been told, you see this hand me down knowledge generated ages ago, and I know what they've been told because I've been told the same thing, I had to broaden my horizons to expand on greater things..." Many Styles

Tinsley 1 for 6, 2 assists, 3 TO's. Amazing basketball from our point guard.

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    Can someone please force Tinsley to make a good play? Outside of his pass to O'Neal and downcourt pass to Dunleavy, he's made really bad decisions.
    Can you start throwing your hissiefits about something more worthy, your raving here, Tinsley is playing a very good game.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

I hope we turn loose marquise on them in the 3rd quarter, anybody that can drive to the basket is either going to get fouled (if the refs would call it) or a high percentage shot. If our team could make layups we'd be ahead by about 6 now, i'm watching the gamecast and I can remember at least 3 or 4 occurences of "player x misses layup"

Tinsley was 0-3 in the final minute, and he also missed our final shot of the 1st. It is obvious that we need him to start playing well to be a good team.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    I hope we turn loose marquise on them in the 3rd quarter, anybody that can drive to the basket is either going to get fouled (if the refs would call it) or a high percentage shot. If our team could make layups we'd be ahead by about 6 now, i'm watching the gamecast and I can remember at least 3 or 4 occurences of "player x misses layup"
    On the other hand, we can just give JO the ball and watch him go to town on them, I've seen nothing to suggest they can stop him.

OMG LMFAOOOOOOOOO @ Quis,DA and Rawle.

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    Can you start throwing your hissiefits about something more worthy, your raving here, Tinsley is playing a very good game.
    Tinsley 1 for 6, 2 assists, 3 TO's

If that's a very good game, I'm declaring myself eligible for next year's draft.

But you're right. Something more worthy of mention in this game is our inability to stop dribble penetration. Oh wait, that's Tinsley too.

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    Tinsley 1 for 6, 2 assists, 3 TO's

If that's a very good game, I'm declaring myself eligible for next year's draft.

But you're right. Something more worthy of mention in this game is our inability to stop dribble penetration. Oh wait, that's Tinsley too.
    You're obviously more looking at the stats then the game,

yes, he's been unlucky on some shots, but his D has been good, (stopping Garba break, fouling Bosh and preventing the score)adn his TO's were passes that were great but not caught, not to mention a few passes that lead to the pass, and then some misses of very good passes.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

On the other hand, we can just give JO the ball and watch him go to town on them, I've seen nothing to suggest they can stop him.

That works too, I haven't been able to actually see the game but I'm willing to bet like every other team just collapses on him when he gets the ball, hence his 4 assists cause he learns to pass out. Anybody that calls JO selfish needs help.

Darrell Armstrong, arm wrestling with a torn rotator cuff.

yes, he's been unlucky on some shots, but his D has been good, (stopping Garba break, fouling Bosh and preventing the score)adn his TO's were passes that were great but not caught, not to mention a few passes that lead to the pass, and then some misses of very good passes.
    He has had several Gretzky's. And I wouldn't say he's taking bad shots. Now, I wouldn't go so far as to say he's playing well, but there's a big difference between playing badly and missing shots. Just cause you're not making shots doesn't mean your not playing well. Sometimes the ball just don't go down.

I was really late realizing and remembering that this game was going to be free on tv... grrrr....

had set up taping some shows for my son on tvio.... grrrrr but got the game back on for the last few minutes of the half...

Tin's really didn't finish the half well.. yes he had a good few defensive plays.. getting the offensive foul and the other foul mentioned but he forced a really bad shot on the base line...

and I second the motion.. JO needs to see the ball every time on the post... from what I have watched he is unstopable... and frankly do not see any sign that bosh is better around the basket...

also how is it every time I watch the pacers.. only 4 min.. I see multiple obvious miss calls by the ref.... I knew it was bad but is it really this bad... the ball out of bounds totally missed.. and the offensive goal tend at the end totally missed....
    You didn't think it was gonna be that easy, did you? ..... You know, for a second there, yeah, I kinda did.....
    Silly rabbit..... Trix are for kids.

Yeah, I didn't realize Tinsley was having a bad game until I looked at his stats. And it's his teammates faults that his pocket was picked and that he threw two passes into congest traffic, one of them on a play with two players WIDE open on the arc.

His defense has been good? He's stayed in front of his man on one play the entire game and flopped to get the offensive foul.

Agree that Tinsley's stats aren't matching the game he's playing.

He had the bad miss on the 3-pointer, but it was a good shot. Same with the final shot... he gets that all the time. It was a good shot, just didn't go down.

I'd be fine with trading Tinsley, but I'm not mad at him for the first half.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!