Thread: Valentines Approaching

sweabs

Default Valentines Approaching

a
    Last edited by sweabs; 08-08-2010 at 04:59 PM.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Default Re: Valentines Approaching

Lol! My girlfriend doesn't live in the same country, so I already got a lot of nice Valentines gifts here that I'm going to have to decorate and put together in a box and then send it.

Yeah, I know how romantic... NOT! But, atleast she will unpack it with me on the cam and on the speaker . Did it like that last year too, and it was pretty fun then. Probably send her a bunch of roses to be delivered at her door too.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Our baby is due 4 days before that.

No Valentine's Day action for me.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

V-day? nothing more than some T&A action for me....
    Until I find me some "true love" I'm not doing anything romantic....

I'm going to send my annual package to Mr. Tom Daschle. This time I won't include the scented powdered soap that his co-workers apparently had a huge problem with. They shouldn't be snooping in his mail anyways.

No, but seriously now, I ordered some flowers online. Not cheap ones either. They should arrive about the same time as my mail-order bride (I know what you're thinking, but we've decided to take it slow)...you know what, I should have gotten them sent together for Super Shipper Savings! Well, there's always next year I guess.

I'm so lonely. So very lonely.

(Oh yeah, and it's good to see you back rcarey)

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

My wife and I make a reservation at Mama Carolla's here in Indy every Valentine's Day. I't a great place to eat and perfect atmosphere for a romantic dinner.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Valentine's day is perhaps the worst holiday of the year. Well, actually New Years is.

Both of those holidays are founded on the idea that everywhere areound you, all sorts of people are having a much better time than you are.

Scrooge :: Christmas
    as
    LA :: invented couples "holidays"

p.s.
    Yes, I will be getting flowers and cooking my wife a fantastic candlelight dinner. I may be a grouch, but I'm no fool.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our baby is due 4 days before that.

No Valentine's Day action for me.
    Anthem,
    Trust me, you'll be very happy then, but very tired. You won't miss the Valentines action this year.

Im sure Ill be cooking dinner for my wife that night, but she's not a big romantic, so Valentines tends to mean more to me than it does her every year.....

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Gyron View Post
    Im sure Ill be cooking dinner for my wife that night, but she's not a big romantic, so Valentines tends to mean more to me than it does her every year.....
    OK, bet you never expected to see this in this thread but here goes:

QFT
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    OK, bet you never expected to see this in this thread but here goes:

QFT
    You go Geezer!
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

I'm going to look on the internet for gag candy hearts. I don't know if I'll find any, but that will be about the extent of my romanticism. I'm too sarcastic for Valentines day. He should just be thankful for the candy.
    Life without water is tough, life without air is hard,life with one leg only is wobbly, Life without Reggie Miller, is impossible.

Do Not Trade Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Brunner
    Veteran Austin Croshere, the longest-tenured Pacers player on the roster, has proven reliable when called upon, invariably ready to step in regardless of the circumstance.

Pacers play the Grizzlies that night

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    LMAO

Dont worry yall I will make sure to give all of your chicks a nice box of chocolates while I'm over at your house while yall shopping for presents.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Honey, let's not go out tonight. I need to see how we match up with Chucky Atkins.

I'll be doing what I usually do on Valentine's Day, which is nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2007 Super Bowl XLI Champions!

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacercoltfan View Post
    I'll be doing what I usually do on Valentine's Day, which is nothing.
    I should have had a valentine......
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

IU plays Purdue that night. Whoooooooooo Hooooooo!

Oh man, I'm going to get kerplunked for that one.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

sweabs

a
    Last edited by sweabs; 08-08-2010 at 04:59 PM.

Mood

fortunatly i dont celebrate until the 16th so I'll be watchin the IU/Purdue game
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Actually Jr. is fretting so much over this that I haven't had time to consider what I'm doing for the wife. He has his first 'real" GF and V-day happens to be their "1 month anniversary"....I ain't asking "OF WHAT?"
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

I'm sure its their first annversary of their first glance at each other geez. When you're that age, you have an anniversary for everything.....

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey View Post
    I need to think of something good. I already have the meaningful (probably a.k.a. cheesy) thing done/planned...it's just a matter of a good old consumer product now.
    What you got planned? Does it involve singing and/or dancing? As much as I like to tout my manliness (and believe me, I'm very manly. Like, really manly. In fact, I'm so manl...I digress), I am a sucker for that movie "10 Things I Hate About You" in which there's a singing and dancing scene. It's pretty cool.

Ummm...if there's anyone who still respects me, you'd probably want to keep it to yourself...

Card makers capitalize on 'anti-V Day'

By CONNIE MABIN, AP Business Writer
    1 hour, 29 minutes ago

CLEVELAND - For Lori Schwartz, a happy mom with a decade of wedded bliss under her belt, the greeting card featuring a bloodied, ripped out heart was perfect.

"It's Valentine's Day, so here's a card with a heart inside," it read. "I'd tell you whose it is, but the less you know, the better."

"My husband and I never get nice cards for each other. We're not into sentiments," Schwartz said while perusing an aisle of "anti-Valentine's Day" cards at an American Greetings Corp. store. "I expect to get something just as bad, but I may have one upped him this year."

Sensing a growing trend ? and more potential customers ? American Greetings has started a new line of expressions for lovers who'd rather be big goofs than big flirts. There are cards for singles not struck by Cupid's arrow and those with general disdain for Feb. 14, too.

From night club parties to bar-hopping bus tours for singles ? and plenty of purposely loveless merchandise to go along with them ? the anti-Valentine's Day crowd is proving to be an opportunity for some businesses.

"For everyone, Valentine's Day isn't just about hearts and roses," said Alana Campana, Valentine's Day program manager at Cleveland-based American Greetings. "It's really an unmet market."

And potentially huge.

Valentine's Day is the second-biggest holiday behind Christmas for card makers, with 190 million valentines ? 85 percent bought by women ? being sent each year, excluding classroom exchanges, Campana said.

So marketers saw an opening when the U.S. Census Bureau reported earlier this year that 51 percent, or 61 million, of the nation's women are single, outnumbering married females for the first time.

Ellen Garbarino, a marketing professor at Case Western Reserve University, said it makes sense for businesses to tap into singles because the segment of anti-Valentine's supporters who are against the premise of an invented holiday are a harder sell.

For singles, "a lot of it is, 'I'm going to refuse to sit here and wallow,'" Garbarino said. "This makes it a more marketing-friendly (anti-Valentine's) holiday version."

Popular this season are anti-Valentine's Day events, including a "Love Bites the Hand that Feeds It" cabaret show by the Lesbian/Gay Chorus of San Francisco.

The Internet abounds with links to anti-Valentine's Day message boards, blogs and products such as "Love Kills Slowly" shot glasses.

Twinsburg High School in northeast Ohio billed its Edgar Allan Poe Festival as an anti-Valentine's Day event, featuring a reading of the murderous "The Tell-Tale Heart."

Cleveland Barhopper sold out two of its purple buses for its second annual AVD event.

"We just found that dating services and a lot of singles were attracted to our bus tours and so we just decided to bill this one the anti-Valentine's Day bus tour," said owner Charles Peirce. "It's just a good, mobile party."

The Corner Alley, an upscale bowling alley and nightclub in downtown Cleveland, is throwing a "Love ... Spare Me!" party promising nonromantic music and "love stinks" drink specials.

"Everybody seems to do something for couples and I think people forget that there are a lot of single people out there," said Adam Kleinhenz, general manager of the Corner Alley, where among the AVD activities will be a version of "The Dating Game."

Matt Brick, of Sacramento, Calif., who runs antivday.com and SinglesAwareness.com, said he's not surprised American Greetings and others are trying to cash in on the trend.

The self-described happily married man said his sites' "I Think, Therefore I am Single" T-shirts and stickers launched last year are big sellers. The sites encourage people to celebrate Feb. 14 by volunteering or spending it with friends.

"It is not just single people who dislike the holiday. Many people who are married or in a relationship don't like the holiday either," Brick said. "The holiday creates a lot of pressure, both emotionally and financially."

___

On the Net:

American Greetings Corp.: http://www.americangreetings.com

Anti-Valentine's Day forum: http://www.antivday.com

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070211/...rCIw0bUdPtiBIF
    12/27/2005 at Spurs - SamBear - 3

1/2/2008 vs Memphis - SamBear - 19

4/9/2014 - Luis Scola also recorded a season high with 24 points and Evan Turner added 23 for Indiana.