Thread: The Rick Carlisle Show 01/25/2007........

Default The Rick Carlisle Show 01/25/2007........

Bill Fitch is his guest. I couldn't believe it when Fitch told Rick he says a prayer every night for Tinsley to be traded..........

http://chaos.able-towers.com/~magicr...lisle12507.mp3
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Default Re: The Rick Carlisle Show 01/25/2007........

Maybe I live under a rock but I have no clue who Bill Fitch is, but I'd imagine he's not alone as far as people that want Tinsley gone. What did Rick say back or did he have anything to say back change subject or what? I actually want to see if Tinsley gets better and I think he cans once he gets adjusted and rick establishes some sort of consistent rotation which he hasn't done in the past....heck I don't even remember the last time we had a consistent rotation. Like a lot of posters on this board have said, we're not going to get equal value for him if we trade him.

EDIT: I would listen myself, but i'm on an older version of windows and it tells me something about getting a new version of quicktime, and I would do that except some part of quicktime that I try to downloaded isn't supported by the system i'm currently using, so I'm going to have to ask for some commentary.

Is Rick crying?

Anyway, here's Bill Fitch:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Fitch
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Ah I see, thanks for the heads up link anthem. Can any of you guys tell me what Rick said in response to that? I'm kind of hoping he stood up for Tinsley.

Thanks again for the link. I was not able to hear the last half hour.

Until now anyway.

Buehler?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Buehler?
    I'm not sure if Bill Fitch really said that. I think I might have it mixed up with the time Rick had Unclebuck on as a guest...............

(Rick did stick up for Jamaal last week when a caller asked why they hadn't gotten rid of him)
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

I'm most of the way through, and it's just absolutely brutal. Bill Fitch = boring. Talking about fishmarkets and whatnot. When do we talk about the Pacers?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I'm not sure if Bill Fitch really said that. I think I might have it mixed up with the time Rick had Unclebuck on as a guest...............
    Yeah that sounds like something UB would do hahaha
    (Rick did stick up for Jamaal last week when a caller asked why they hadn't gotten rid of him)
    That's good, hopefully Rick stood up for him in this instance too, last thing we need is Tinsley becoming more pouty than normal at thinking his coach doesn't respect him.

Someone has messed with the sarcasm filter on the forum software. It's causing all kinds of confusion in this thread. Hopefully, Able or Hicks can fix it.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

thanks magic rat! for some non-sarcastic notes from the show

rick on the trade:

lost the individual explosiveness of guys like harrington and jackson

the team is now built around jermaine o'neal's strengths

keith mccleod - still out with injury, interested to see how he plays, maybe could help pg position

locker room dynamics changed - lost of some dominant personalities, new guys still feeling their way in, still too deferential

some of the guys rick cited as strong personalities - harrington, jackson, armstrong, o'neal (to a degree)

bill fitch: "rick could really fight in the locker room"

interesting factoid from rick - nba teams used to pay for coaches' technical fouls, but now they limit them (like, 7 for the entire year)

Listen to the first 10 minutes and then turn it off. Bill Fitch is boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Listen to the first 10 minutes and then turn it off. Bill Fitch is boring.
    I didn't think so at all, I really enjoyed the show! A lot better than listening to people call in and take two minutes to ask a simple question!

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    I didn't think so at all, I really enjoyed the show! A lot better than listening to people call in and take two minutes to ask a simple question!
    I'm wierd, I like when Rick is asked questions about the Pacers. Although I wish Kevin Lee and Mark Boyle asked all the questions

Banned

Bill Fitch is from my hometown!

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    locker room dynamics changed - lost of some dominant personalities, new guys still feeling their way in, still too deferential

some of the guys rick cited as strong personalities - harrington, jackson, armstrong, o'neal (to a degree)

It'll be real interesting to see how things develop. Even up until the trade, the players were really getting along with each other, almost to a fault (as mentioned by Mark Jackson and Ian Eagle [sp] in the Nets game). I'm not sure how long that would've lasted.

Now, the guys are definitely meshing better on the court than previously, but now they aren't as friendly before the game. I'm sure that's mostly due to unfamiliarity and getting 3-4 introverts after trading lockerroom favorites, but most importantly it shows that there's a huge difference between on-the-court chemistry and off-the-court chemistry. Heading into the season TPTB thought the off-court chemistry was the problem, but now they realize it's more than that (and I suspect that was never the main problem, imo).

Thanks again, as always, MagicRat!