Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody watching the Bulls game?

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Default Anybody watching the Bulls game?

Bulls on top of the Mavs by 14 after 1 quarter holding the Mavs to a season low in the 1st quarter 27 - 13 Bulls. I'm definately a Mavs fan tonight cause if bulls lose and we win on saturday we're in a 3 way tie for 5th seed with the Bulls and Orlando which would be nice and only 2 games behind cleveland I believe (they have the 2nd or 3rd seed I believe).

Default Re: Anybody watching the Bulls game?

Man for as big as Nowitzki is every time he gets touched he acts like a wrecking ball just crushed him. I can't believe how well the Bulls are doing against the Mavericks, the Mavs are shooting AWFUL and they're only down by 8.

Wow the mavs are shooting 28% and only down by 6. The Bulls would kill for a go to guy in the post.

Jeez Dallas is sucking it up tonight which sucks, but I think the Bulls are going to be losing quite a few games coming up here. They have a huge west road trip and the last time Bulls went out west they went 1 - 6, just really would rather the Bulls have lost this one too and suck it up on the road...still one quarter left though so maybe the Mavs can pull something out here, but they do not deserve to win this game thus far it is just ugly.

Josh Howard, 1-15 from the field.

streets ahead

dallas is having a night like we had for 3 quarters last night
    This is the darkest timeline.

Poor Ben Wallace can't compete with Dampier.

For those not watching the game, the TNT announcers are talking about how Big Ben is valiantly playing despite being overmatched by the superior Erick Dampier. Which is ridiculous, considering the contract Ben Wallace just signed. He makes almost as much as Jermaine but has absolutely no offensive game. For a contract starting at 16mil/year, you'd think he could develop a jump shot or a hook. Or if he's not going to, he should shut down the opposing center every night.

Especially if it's ERICK DAMPIER!
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Man, the Bulls were looking great, doing well on D, and then Dirk hit back-to-back threes off broken plays.

Gotta hate that.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Poor Ben Wallace can't compete with Dampier.

wow only down by 5 despite everything else.

Damp dunks on Ben again.

Enjoy your time at PD!

PJ Brown going off on offense. Amazing.

Wallace fouls Josh Howard after the shot... Howard gets the and-1.

I don't like Ben Wallace.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I don't like Ben Wallace.
    A pacer fan that doesn't like Ben Wallace, never thought I'd see the day...he's such a nice guy

Can't believe Chicago's going to pull this out. I kept thinking Dallas would put together a tiny run and get the win.

Enjoy your time at PD!

What a finish! What a shot! Clippers win at the buzzer, Nets have lost 3 straight!

Enjoy your time at PD!

CHICAGO is tuff to beat at home. Plus Dallas needs to come back to earth at some point. Back to Chicago, they are good and we should be concerned. We just have to keep winning now, but I look to possibly facing the BULLS in the playoffs. Meaning we had better have a better record then them.

Wallace's contract is frontloaded so though it starts at 16, it goes down every year after that. He makes a good 5 million less a year than Jermaine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    Wallace's contract is frontloaded so though it starts at 16, it goes down every year after that. He makes a good 5 million less a year than Jermaine.
    Jermaine's a 20ppg scorer, Ben's a 6ppg scorer. Jermaine outrebounds, outblocks, and outpasses Big Ben. He shoots free throws almost twice as well, and while a lot of people complain about Jermaine's FG accuracy, he's within 1% of Wallace. And there's people on this forum that call Jermaine "overpaid."

If Jermaine's overpaid, I can't even imagine what Big Ben is.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Jermaine's a 20ppg scorer, Ben's a 6ppg scorer. Jermaine outrebounds, outblocks, and outpasses Big Ben. He shoots free throws almost twice as well, and while a lot of people complain about Jermaine's FG accuracy, he's within 1% of Wallace. And there's people on this forum that call Jermaine "overpaid."

It's pretty ridiculous to hold Ben Wallace to a different standard simply because he signed a piece of paper. The Bulls signed him for what he is. Blame John Paxson if you want. It's not on Ben to start hitting 15-footer because someone gave him a giant sack full of money. He got what the Bulls were willing to pay. And frankly, he's been vastly underpaid his entire career until now, when he's somewhat overpaid. He still is what he is though.

An NBA Champion.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    An NBA Champion.
    All by himself?

Actually, Ben is slightly better rebounder than Jermaine (better off rebounder, but worse def rebounder and better, but not much overall - 14,16 against 13,92 in 48 min). Ben makes more steals and 2 times less turnovers (but as Ben is not much involved in offense, this comparison is not valid here).

But ye, I agree with your last statement. JO is about 100 times better in offense and I don't see much of difference between them in defense and JO has an amazing Roland rating and Ben has a minus there.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler."

- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    All by himself?
    When he's by himself, yes, he's still an NBA Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    It's pretty ridiculous to hold Ben Wallace to a different standard simply because he signed a piece of paper. The Bulls signed him for what he is. Blame John Paxson if you want. It's not on Ben to start hitting 15-footer because someone gave him a giant sack full of money. He got what the Bulls were willing to pay. And frankly, he's been vastly underpaid his entire career until now, when he's somewhat overpaid. He still is what he is though.
    That's not the point.

The point is, if you're getting paid 16 million dollars a year just to play defense, you give up every right to have TV announcers talk about how valiantly you're struggling against superior competition.

Especially when that competition is Erick Dampier.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Again, he's not making 16/year. He's making 16 this year.

That's not the point.

The point is, if you're getting paid 16 million dollars a year just to play defense, you give up every right to have TV announcers talk about how valiantly you're struggling against superior competition.

Especially when that competition is Erick Dampier.
    Didn't watch the game so I really can speak on his play last night.

But Ben has always been a guy who's game is fueled on emotion and energy. For whatever reason, he hasn't really had that this year. For $16 million a year, I'm sure the Bulls would hope that that was there more consistantly, but when you don't like your coach and probably don't have much of a connection with most of your teammates (given that he's 5 to 10 years older than any other key member of this Bulls roster), it's probably hard to lay it all on the line every night with the same passion and energy you've been bringing over the past 5-6 years when you were "going to war" for your family of teammates and friends in Detroit.

I don't really have a value judgement on the situation, just saying that some of Ben's struggles this year probably have a lot to do with off-the-court stuff. Being a 4-time DPOY and an NBA Champ who consistently sits on the bench for long stretches in the 4th Quarter can't help his mind-state either.