Thread: Ask Sam Smith (mentions O'Neal)

Default Ask Sam Smith (mentions O'Neal)

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....ulls-headlines

A couple questions on Jermaine O'Neal: I love his game but he's also a frustrating player to watch sometimes, like an SF in a center's body. He's got a great shooting touch and blocks like crazy, but seems to hate all the shoving in the post. What's with that? You beat on him some earlier this week for complaining about his team, which was a tacky thing for him to do. But O'Neal does work with some certifiable knuckleheads while he's been quite classy as he's literally grown up in the spotlight. How much of this "disgruntled player" stuff is manufactured by bored reporters with inches to fill and not much to say about a .500 team during the regular season? --Chris R., Chicago

With all the talk about Garnett, he may be the one to be traded because it seems clear the Pacers are close to breaking up their team. The big problem with O'Neal is the way you opened: He should be a power post player, but he doesn't like the contact. He prefers to wander outside and shoot jumpers. You don't need an $18 million power forward to do that. It's probably the big reason why the Pacers never have gone far in the playoffs with him despite that great talent. So they get rid of another of the knuckleheads in Stephen Jackson and I heard O'Neal was fine with letting Harrington go because Harrington was clogging things up for him in his 15-foot range and then O'Neal complains about the team being close and now having to start over. He's a guy who always seems to be upset with something, though he is not a major distraction. It's frustrating for a team and I wouldn't be surprised if the Pacers quietly begin taking bids on him.

Sports Logo

Default Re: Ask Sam Smith (mentions O'Neal)

When it comes to the Pacers, I think that Sam Smith shares notes with
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sam Smith loves him some Jermaine O'Neal. He writes about Jermaine more then he does about the Bulls.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I bet neither Sam or the person asking the question have watched Jermaine more then 5 or 6 times this season, if not less.

Its amazing how many people have no clue.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

sam smith is a comedian, nothing more.

Sam wants to drive the price down... he really wants Jermaine on the Bulls.

It's been documented many times.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Mood

Never gone far in the playoffs with JO. How about the ECF? That is not far in the playoffs? And where does he get that the Pacers are looking to blow-up the team? They just made a trade for veterans. Veterans that were acquired to complement JO, not replace him. That sure does not look like a team looking to completly rebuild. How he get to write a column in a major paper is beyond me.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Dude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sam Smith loves him some Jermaine O'Neal. He writes about Jermaine more then he does about the Bulls.
    He wants him so bad in Chicago it's killing him. He'd kick Ben Wallace out of a moving car to get JO on the team in his place right now.

His articles are about breaking down JO's market value and to stir up dissent within TPTB for the Pacers regarding JO.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    Sam wants to drive the price down... he really wants Jermaine on the Bulls.

It's been documented many times.
    Yep.

Sam Smith is a hater. So easy talk negative. JO has been having a great year. And as for the past playoff failures, I don't think you can blame JO for that. Remember the brawl? Why don't stick to the BULLS.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's probably the big reason why the Pacers never have gone far in the playoffs with him despite that great talent.
    The 2004 ECF called. They'd like their results back.

Mood

I mean technically that was still Reggie's team.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto View Post
    Hardly.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I love how they say they are close to breaking up this team. Haven't they been breaking it apart since last year? How many new players do we have since this time last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto View Post
    Reggie was the 4th option on that team, that was Jermaines team. Reggie and Jermaine will tell you that.

What Sam Smith doesn't realize is that we've already quietly broken up our team and put it back together again -- hardly missing a beat. He needs to understand that not every team needs to spend 3-4 years out of playoff contention to rebuild.

Our current roster:

Darrell Armstrong
    Maceo Baston
    Marquis Daniels
    Ike Diogu
    Mike Dunleavy
    Jeff Foster
    Danny Granger
    Orien Greene
    David Harrison
    Rawle Marshall
    Keith McLeod
    Troy Murphy
    Jermaine O'Neal
    Jamaal Tinsley

Shawne Williams

5 players remain from last year, and only 2 of last year's starters are still starting.

And I wouldn't be surprised if we move another 2 players before the deadline.

Enjoy your time at PD!

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Hardly.
    No, he's right, it was Reggie's team. That's why Reggie took it upon himself to blow the end of game 2.

(ps - I don't really blame Reggie on that and loved everything about his efforts, even the final year when he shot like crap)

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Our current roster:

Darrell Armstrong
    Maceo Baston
    Marquis Daniels
    Ike Diogu
    Mike Dunleavy
    Jeff Foster
    Danny Granger
    Orien Greene
    David Harrison
    Rawle Marshall
    Keith McLeod
    Troy Murphy
    Jermaine O'Neal
    Jamaal Tinsley

Shawne Williams

5 players remain from last year, and only 2 of last year's starters are still starting.

And I wouldn't be surprised if we move another 2 players before the deadline.
    Yep, and only four players remain from the brawl.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird