Thread: Official Work RANT Thread

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Default Official Work RANT Thread

Since I didn't see anyone of these...thought I'd make mine the official one...everyone else is free to let it all out in regards to any bad days at work/office/job/etc

*RANT*

So its been a bit over two weeks since I've joined a rather large multinational company...and all I can say is at the moment is...what a piece of #$@#$ it is!

First off, they have no sense of any organization skills...its been 2 weeks and I'm still waiting for my ID/password so that I can actually do something...they were supposed to give me an intensive one-month training....but the only thing I've managed to do while at the office is get better at my tennis game on my cell phone

Today we had a brainstorming session with the team and the senior Ops Manager...and what it made me realize is just how "OVER QUALIFIED" I am for the current job! I'm surrounded by muppets!

I also had the pleasure of meeting with one special guest/trainee...and if I saw him on the street, I would not be able to distinguish him from a roadkill collector....which after he left, I had to make a comment about it to the Senior Ops as to how he should learn some training skills before making a speech...only to find out he is the CEO of the European Operations!

Had to hear an earful as to how we should be grateful that the guy could drop by and bless us with is presence....

Seriously...if the pay wasn't good I would've left already for something else....but I hate changing jobs so soon...so I'm just going to suck it up and in the 6 months time move up the corporate ladder!

Default Re: Official Work RANT Thread

PS - they have Pacers Digest BLOCKED at work!

Man, I left work to go back to school this Fall. Thanks mom.

Let me tell you, when someone b****es about all the work they have to do in grad school, just pop them - right in the mouth. This is so easy. Work's a drag, school's a breeze.

All I can say is sorry bro. Keep your head and do right by your own self.

actually, I miss work. Oh well, the grass is always greener.
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

Update:

the Senior ops pulled me in to the side yesterday and we talked about each other's expectations....after the conversation, I left with a feeling that they're scared that I'm going to take their jobs in the near future...I guess I have to make things a bit more subtle before they release me by saying I'm too "OVERLY QUALIFIED" :biggrin:

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I worked 40 years in BIG business. And that right there shows you how inept they are...they allowed ME to stick around (J/K....kinda)
    I am sooo glad I'm out on my own now and reliant on my skills and decision making. Yeah, I have a broker that owns the company but I am still an independant contractor working in his office.
    So far the salary kinda stinks but the taxes are even worse.

But now if I can buy this one house next week I could paint it and flip it for prolly 25-30K profit..

BOLDED UPDATE.....somebody beat me to it....snif.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..