Thread: O'Neal to Chicago ???? Who Knows....

Banned

Default O'Neal to Chicago ???? Who Knows....

What about this trade. It works under the CBA and keeps Chicago with its core players.

O'Neal, Tinsley, Green & Marshall to the Bulls for,

PJ Brown, Mike Sweetney, Loul Deng, Anders Nocconi, Chris Duhon and The Knicks # 1 pick (If Lottery)

If I were the Bulls I would have made the trade earlier in the season, because the Knicks may make the playoffs. O'Neal would give them a starting Lineup of Wallace, O'Neal and Tyrus Thomas or Adrian Griffin along with Heinrich and Gordon.

The PAcers definitely want to become a lottery team and get in the Greg Oden sweeps.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: O'Neal to Chicago ???? Who Knows....

no thanks.
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

I'll pass on this one. I don't think we want to make a trade that takes us backwards several steps at this time. Before the GS trade I might have thought they would ultimately try to do that, but not now.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Big no-no!
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

streets ahead

definitely like the lottery angle, and had we not just pulled the GSW deal i might be more open to this, but i see that deal giving us an unusual (not in a good way) team.

PG: Duhon, Armstrong, McLeod
    SG: Granger, Daniels
    SF: Deng, Nocioni, Dunleavy, Williams
    PF: Brown, Diogu, Baston
    C: Murphy, Foster, Harrison, Sweetney

First of all, who would we cut? Harrison? I’d rather see if I could get a 2nd rounder or something than just cut him. McLeod? Armstrong is fantastic but he is old, we can’t forget that. And who knows if Duhon will hold up. We do have Daniels and Dunleavy who are capable… Baston?

Ultimately, I don’t think these parts gel well together. So I would consider, be somewhat tempted and then nix it.

Before the GSW trade…

O’Neal, Jackson, Jasikevicius, Harrison
    Duhon, Brown, Sweetney, Deng, Nocioni, #1 (Knicks)

PG: Tinsley, Duhon, Armstrong, (cut Greene)
    SG: Granger, Daniels, Marshall
    SF: Deng, Nocioni, Williams
    PF: Harrington, Baston, Brown
    C: Foster, Sweetney, Powell

I could foresee myself possibly making that deal.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Banned

PJ and Sweetney shave off aprox 10.6 million off for next year, plus give us a shot at a decent draft pick.

Is anybody looking at the big picture with this senerio?

Becoming a player in the free agent market, having talent to make another deal.

Having maybe a lottery pick and a chance to get Oden or Durant.

This team as it is currently structured with the players it has is not going very far in the playoffs, rebuilding IS the only option. You do that with shrewd player and draft pick movement. Becoming a player in the free agent market also helps.

I'm not saying that this trade is the best trade, but it makes us very diverse when it comes to making other moves.

Or would you just like to keep Jamal Tinsley and David Harrison as your cornerstones of the future?

David Harrison never has been or will be a cornerstone, IMO, but I agree re: Jamaal Tinsley; we need something else at the 1. If we did, I'd go to battle with what we have. I think we're closer to contending than to rebuilding.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Worst trade idea in the history of trades.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

streets ahead

yeah i agree that it would make us a player with the 10.6 especially with Dun and Murph. and the pick would be great. but first NY has to not make the playoffs (surprisingly right now isn't a guarentee). and then that also means that we're making granger the cornerstone + murphy, dunleavy and diogu our future. because unless NY tanks, we won't have a shot and Oden or Durant. is it time to build around DG?

ultimately, i think that if we just traded for players that will better compliment JO, might as well let them play a bit.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSMASH View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Pacers definitely want to become a lottery team and get in the Greg Oden sweeps.
    Yep, that's the only possible reason I could see that trade being made.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Banned

If the Pacers got Brown and Sweetney and the 10.6 million of salary to play with unrestricted players that the Pacers may be intersted in:

Matt Carroll SG Bobcats
    Jerry Stackhouse SG Mavericks ---A Carlisle favorite--
    Luke Walton SF Lakers
    Chucky Atkins PG-SG Grizzlies
    Jason Kapono SG Heat
    Jannero Pargo SG Hornets
    Jamal Maglore C Blazers
    Mike Bibby PG Kings
    Mo Peterson SG Raptors

To see the full list http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2654216

Any of these players would fit the need for a shooter that the Pacers possess. None of these players are going to get anything more than the Mid level exception of 5.2 million.

The Free Agent market is VERY limited next year. Teams wanting to improve willhave to trade to improve. Those that just stay pat, will continue to be what they are now.

Moving O'Neal is a no brainer, the key is getting more than he's worth.

If you don't move him the Pacers would be hanging on to a player that clearly DOES not make the players around him better and is usually injured once or twice during the season. FLASHBACK to THE HEAT GAME on Wednesday. The PAcers made their run against the Heat largely when O'Neal was on the Bench. The PAcers got in that hole with O'Neal on the floor.