Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31

Thread: The Walls have ears......Garnett for O'Neal

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    272

    Default The Walls have ears......Garnett for O'Neal

    This trade works under the CBA........

    Jermaine O'Neal, Jamal Tinsley & Jeff Foster to the Twolves for

    Kevin Garnett, Trenton Hassell and Randy Foye.

    Little voices that DaSmash hears is that Bird and McHale are definitley talking, maybe not about trades, but of how nice the weather is in their respective cities. Smash has heard that O'Neal may have already asked the Pacers to find him another new home. The only value for value would be with either Minnesota or Chicago. O'Neal for Garnett is the safest trade for both Minnesota and Indiana because it gives both teams players to rebuild around. Just another birdie tells Da Smash that Minnesota has offered Mr. Police blotter Eddie Griffin....I can imagine the jokes going around Conseco.

    One thing that is for sure is if that the Pacers and Twolves do hook up O'Neal and Garnett will be the showcased talent moving. Chicago can offer Minnesota a decent package, but with the FA pool very light next year with big men and Chicago does not want to part with either Heinrich or Gordon and it will take one or both in a package for garnett along with an expiring contract (PJ Brown) and the Knicks 1st round (If Lottery), but the Knicks may not be in the lottery and thats what could kill any talks that may be happining between the Bulls and Twolves.

    Yes, the little voices could be all in my head, but this is a trade proposal section so I'm not confirming, nor denying anything. I will post a few other trade suggestions of my own liking besides this one.

  2. #2
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,171

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Walls have ears......Garnett for O'Neal

    Just curiously, why would McHale think he could have better success building around JO than he has had with KG?

  3. #3
    I consume tiny briefs Robobtowncolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    RoboBoston
    Posts
    829

    Default Re: The Walls have ears......Garnett for O'Neal

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just curiously, why would McHale think he could have better success building around JO than he has had with KG?
    Just curiously, when has McHale ever thought in the last 12 years?
    Narf!

  4. #4

    Default Re: The Walls have ears......Garnett for O'Neal

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just curiously, why would McHale think he could have better success building around JO than he has had with KG?
    Jermaine's a few years younger than KG. So that's more years of a player's prime that McHale can waste away.

  5. #5
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: The Walls have ears......Garnett for O'Neal

    KG would fill the emotional void Carlisle was just talking about...

    KG's a better rebounder than JO, and a better passer, which fits nicely with how we seem to be headed with Dunleavy and Murphy here. But he's not ever going to be confused for a center. But then again, JO seems to never want to do it. I could dig this trade if it happened.

  6. #6
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Walls have ears......Garnett for O'Neal

    Randy Foye?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  7. #7
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,520
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Walls have ears......Garnett for O'Neal

    I'd probably do it.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  8. #8
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,621

    Default Re: The Walls have ears......Garnett for O'Neal

    I can't do that trade...

    ...fast enough.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  9. #9
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,754

    Default Re: The Walls have ears......Garnett for O'Neal

    isn't foye a lot like quis? in that he's a slasher that can't shoot from the outside?

    i guess the point is that there really isn't another player on MIN that we'd want

    as far as KG is concerned, i love that. i feel KG is a more complete player and a more selfless than JO. he may be older, but you know he's a team player and still averaging a double double.
    This is the darkest timeline.

  10. #10
    Member indyman37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    903

    Default Re: The Walls have ears......Garnett for O'Neal

    I thought DW said he was building around JO. I just don't understand why they would do that then go and trade him.

  11. #11
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Walls have ears......Garnett for O'Neal

    Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    isn't foye a lot like quis? in that he's a slasher that can't shoot from the outside?

    i guess the point is that there really isn't another player on MIN that we'd want

    as far as KG is concerned, i love that. i feel KG is a more complete player and a more selfless than JO. he may be older, but you know he's a team player and still averaging a double double.
    Foye is only a rookie and would be the point of the future. Hes an awesome talent.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  12. #12
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: The Walls have ears......Garnett for O'Neal

    I'd do it in a heartbeat.

    That said, we'd have big problems at center. And still no shooting guard.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  13. #13
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: The Walls have ears......Garnett for O'Neal

    On national TV, Reggie just told John Paxson that he should be pursuing KG.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  14. #14
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,190

    Default Re: The Walls have ears......Garnett for O'Neal

    it's crazy to think minny would send us their 3 best assets, kg, foye and hassell. if a deal does take place, imo it will be more in the nature of kg for jo + young player (maybe ike, or shawne). if we try to send them tinsley, then they'll want to send someone like hudson back (but i'm hoping for mike james instead).

    a more realistic scenario, imo:

    garnett and mike james for jermaine, tinsley, and shawne

    but even then i expect the pacers' chances are slim. by far, the most logical trading partner for minny is chicago. unless if mchale still has visions of making the playoffs this year, in which case getting jo is a no-brainer. but that begs the question - if minny is "win now", why are they trading kg? jo won't make the twolves a better team than kg does.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    272

    Default Re: The Walls have ears......Garnett for O'Neal

    The question from many of you is Why do the Wolves do this trade.....and why with the Pacers...

    The Timberwolves with the general manager that they have and the Salary cap problems have really backed themselves into a corner. The wolves probably, make that won't, make the playoffs again this year. With the team structured as it is, in the conference that its in probably won't unless they just start over.

    Some of you ask, "Why would the Wolves trade their three best players?" Well simply to get something you have to get something. I go back to the Elvin Hayes from Houston to Washington trade way back when. That trade made the Bullets world champions, a trade like this would absoulutely change the NBA landscape. The Timberwolves do not have a first round pick next for the next two years due to the Joe Smith Fiasco. Trading for O'Neal, Foster and Tinsley would absolutely regenerize Minnesota from the simple fact is that they can't get any worse.

    Moving Garnett to the Pacers would be a fitting tribute to a player that has given so much to the Timberwolve franchise, but was never surrounded by the players (due to management) to get him to the finals. Sometimes you just have to start over...ask Donnie Walsh when Antonio asked to be traded, Smits retired, Sam Perkins retired, Dale Davis wanted more money, Mark Jackson wanted more money, Chris Mullin wanted to return to Golden State. Donnie blew a team up that had just gone to the NBA finals. Now its time for The Wolves to do just the same.

    Jermaine is a few years younger and Tinsley and Foster are locked up in manageable-tradeable contracts. What they do with them once the Pacers trade them is up to Timberwolve management. Isn't that the key? Its up to Kevin Mchale to put this team together. Some of the deals in the Past- Sprewell and Cassell were solid moves, but both were at the end of contracts and were wanting entirely to much money that was being eaten by Garnetts heafty contract. Honestly Kevin Garnett basiclly has screwed himself by taking such a large contract. Micheal Jordan all those years winning championships with the Bulls was living on his endorsement contract, not his paultry player salary. That gave the Bulls room to add players to keep winning titles.

    The Wolves trade Garnett because its the right thing to do!

    P.S. Kevin isn't getting any younger and his trade value will begin to greatly diminsh, with his salary being what it is...now or this summer is the time. I hope that answers your question as to Why..

  16. #16
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,929

    Default Re: The Walls have ears......Garnett for O'Neal

    Every morning the Pacers should be dialing McHale and trying to make some type of deal that starts with JO for KG. It would be nice to see any deal include Tinsley. That's the kind of proactive move by management that could quickly re-energize a fanbase.

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,312

    Default Re: The Walls have ears......Garnett for O'Neal

    Quote Originally Posted by DaSMASH View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This trade works under the CBA........

    Jermaine O'Neal, Jamal Tinsley & Jeff Foster to the Twolves for

    Kevin Garnett, Trenton Hassell and Randy Foye.

    Little voices that DaSmash hears is that Bird and McHale are definitley talking, maybe not about trades, but of how nice the weather is in their respective cities. Smash has heard that O'Neal may have already asked the Pacers to find him another new home. The only value for value would be with either Minnesota or Chicago. O'Neal for Garnett is the safest trade for both Minnesota and Indiana because it gives both teams players to rebuild around. Just another birdie tells Da Smash that Minnesota has offered Mr. Police blotter Eddie Griffin....I can imagine the jokes going around Conseco.

    One thing that is for sure is if that the Pacers and Twolves do hook up O'Neal and Garnett will be the showcased talent moving. Chicago can offer Minnesota a decent package, but with the FA pool very light next year with big men and Chicago does not want to part with either Heinrich or Gordon and it will take one or both in a package for garnett along with an expiring contract (PJ Brown) and the Knicks 1st round (If Lottery), but the Knicks may not be in the lottery and thats what could kill any talks that may be happining between the Bulls and Twolves.

    Yes, the little voices could be all in my head, but this is a trade proposal section so I'm not confirming, nor denying anything. I will post a few other trade suggestions of my own liking besides this one.
    I'm kind of new around here.... what position do you hold that you are hearing these things?

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,383

    Default Re: The Walls have ears......Garnett for O'Neal

    Quote Originally Posted by Cobol Sam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm kind of new around here.... what position do you hold that you are hearing these things?
    Pacers Sports and Entertainment B.S. Coordinator.
    (that's Basic Secrets Coordinator, of course)






    I don't mean no disrespect. Keep them walls a-hearin' and you can guarantee that we will be a-listenin'

  19. #19
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,042

    Default Re: The Walls have ears......Garnett for O'Neal

    Quote Originally Posted by Cobol Sam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm kind of new around here.... what position do you hold that you are hearing these things?
    He used to work for the Pacers and still has connections.

  20. #20
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,692

    Default Re: The Walls have ears......Garnett for O'Neal

    The way JO is playing atm, I am pretty sure there isn't a player in the league they can not get for him in return.
    Upon that premise you have to wonder if trading is a smart thing to do.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  21. #21

    Default Re: The Walls have ears......Garnett for O'Neal

    I had a dream last night that the Pacers traded JO for KG straight up. I really, truly did. It was totally awesome.

    I would do the little air guitar thing Bill and Ted do if we got KG. If nothing else, tat would perk up the ears of the city.

  22. #22

    Default Re: The Walls have ears......Garnett for O'Neal

    Trenton Hassel. Yes, please.

  23. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    272

    Default Re: The Walls have ears......Garnett for O'Neal

    Garnett is more hungry then O'Neal at this point. The more its beginning to look as if the PAcers or the Wolves won't do this until summer....provided that Chicago doesn't jump in with an offer of both Deng and Gordon with 2 expiring contracts and a 1 st rounder this year.

  24. #24
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,828

    Default Re: The Walls have ears......Garnett for O'Neal

    Given the KG for JO part, I'd do the rest for any two of Foye, James, and Hassel.

    I want it done yesterday.

  25. #25
    2014 IKL Champion DrBadd01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    United States.
    Posts
    1,949

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Walls have ears......Garnett for O'Neal

    There is no way the Wolves trade Foye. He is their PG of the Future. It would be like us trading Danny, not going to happen. That said Mike James would be a possibility.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •