Thread: Can Daniels go right?

Default Can Daniels go right?

In watching his very impressive performance tonight I noticed that he always wants to go left. One quick step right and then a lightening fast crossover to the left. Into pretty packed defense at times with good success. But on a couple of occasions Miami overplayed his left hand and gave him the right side wide open. In one case he clearly could have been to the hoop before any defender but he wouldn't take it and instead went left again. I've not seen him much so wondering if this has shown as normal?

With Quis and Dunleavy's ability to initiate the offense, might not a guy like Orien become a lot more valuable? His trouble running the offense would be mitigated and we get his defense on the floor.

Sports Logo

Default Re: Can Daniels go right?

Quote Originally Posted by PacerMan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With Quis and Dunleavy's ability to initiate the offense, might not a guy like Orien become a lot more valuable? His trouble running the offense would be mitigated and we get his defense on the floor.
    I don't get to see games....but I keep on hearing you guys mention Orien's inability to dribble the ball properly.

I heard that McCloed is a decent defensive PG as well....is a very solid FT shooter...but has ZERO offensive game.....I wonder how he would do as a 3rd option PG
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I've seen Quis go right a few times. His dribble isn't that controlled coming from the right much like AI doesn't go left too often for the same reason, but he can do it.

But even if defenses give him the right-hand lane, it's ok as long as he makes them pay which he did on that occasion you mentioned and one or two others either with his left-handed dribble penetration or by kicking the ball out to one of his teammates for the score. To me it doesn't matter because the new-look Pacers team now has so many other weapons they didn't have before it doesn't matter if a guy gets doubled. As long as he recognizes the double-team (unlike what JO didn't do enough of last night, but I ain't too mad at him 'cuz he got 4 blocks, 1 in particular against Shaq ) and continues to look for his teammates, it's all good!

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I don't get to see games....but I keep on hearing you guys mention Orien's inability to dribble the ball properly.

I heard that McCloed is a decent defensive PG as well....is a very solid FT shooter...but has ZERO offensive game.....I wonder how he would do as a 3rd option PG
    I just started getting the games so I've only seen a little bit of him. Don't think it's trouble dribbling as much as just not being a "run the offense" point guard.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Greene can't dribble the ball without palming it. There's NBA standards that we all know is, then there is something after that, then there is Greene.

The ball literally stops spinning in the guys hand he holds it so long. If he were running full speed, he could probably cover the entire floor in 3 dribbles.

Okay it's not that bad, but it's pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerMan View Post
    In watching his very impressive performance tonight I noticed that he always wants to go left. One quick step right and then a lightening fast crossover to the left. Into pretty packed defense at times with good success. But on a couple of occasions Miami overplayed his left hand and gave him the right side wide open. In one case he clearly could have been to the hoop before any defender but he wouldn't take it and instead went left again. I've not seen him much so wondering if this has shown as normal?
    I haven't noticed his inability to go right. But now that you mention it, all of his recent drives that I can replay in my head are going to the left. I think this is we should pay attention to over the next few games.