Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Pacers Post Game: Heat 01/24/07

LosAngeles

Default Re: Pacers Post Game: Heat 01/24/07

It will be interesting to track prevailing attitudes regarding this trade. After one day, there was a fairly even split. After one week folks are liking it.

In one month? Two? One year? Three years?

Whatever happens, it seems like a safe bet to say that this trade coupled with whatever comes next could have far-reaching implications both with the club and with how fans feel about the club.

Trading Foster: the Pacers better be very careful. Right now the team is low on energy guys (Rick thinks so too) we have Armstrong and Foster and if we trade Foster we better be getting a legitimate starting point guard.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Trading Foster: the Pacers better be very careful. Right now the team is low on energy guys (Rick thinks so too) we have Armstrong and Foster and if we trade Foster we better be getting a legitimate starting point guard.
    Given the liklihood that a team won't be giving up a legit starting PG while taking back Tinsley.....I doubt that any such deal could be made....UNLESS.....TPTB were so desperate to get rid of SJax that they would simply make a lateral move at the PG spot and was forced to give up Foster.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I don't think a starting PG would be worth Foster anyways. He's too valuable right now.

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    Let's keep in mind that that without DA there would not be a 20 point comeback. The good with the bad? The 38 year old has been nearly had a triple double several nights ago. How many point gurads come close to that? With him on the floor anythhing is possible. If Darrell were several years younger he would be the starting PG.
    Hmm actually Tin's has come very close a number of times to getting a triple double this season. Still I agree with the point... you take the good with the bad and DA has been invaluable to the Pacers this year and in this game. I just wish people would give the same "pass" or "ignore" on poor shooting over a short period of time to all the pacers as well...
    You didn't think it was gonna be that easy, did you? ..... You know, for a second there, yeah, I kinda did.....
    Silly rabbit..... Trix are for kids.

You know, I would be fine keeping Foster forever if he could just come up with something resembling an offensive game. If he isn't stuffing it, I'm nervous no matter what part of the floor he is shooting it from. I also think he passes up good offensive opportunites b/c he is so afraid to shoot.

A Foster/Tins package is actually the one I would think would be intriguing. Tinsley has a great handle and seems to be healthy. Many think he would flourish in a more open court setting. Foster gives you the defense and rebounding without the need for the ball. He may take the edge off the trade with Tinsley. If Tins gets hurt, at least the other team nets a solid big out of it.
    "When you can fall for chains of silver you can fall for chains of gold
    You can fall for pretty strangers and the promises they hold
    You promised me everything you promised me thick and thin
    Now you just say oh romeo yeah you know I used to have a scene with him" Dire Straits

Quote Originally Posted by LosAngeles View Post
    Whatever happens, it seems like a safe bet to say that this trade coupled with whatever comes next could have far-reaching implications both with the club and with how fans feel about the club.

I'm slightly afraid that the trade happened too late, and that some permanent damage has been done (judging by the attendance numbers post-trade). I think the team has lost its fans.

It was encouraging to see the attendance numbers up this week, but still, 14,000 is NOT a good attendance number considering we were playing the Miami Heat.

Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    I'm slightly afraid that the trade happened too late, and that some permanent damage has been done (judging by the attendance numbers post-trade). I think the team has lost its fans.

It was encouraging to see the attendance numbers up this week, but still, 14,000 is NOT a good attendance number considering we were playing the Miami Heat.
    There has been damage to the franchise, although not permanent. We have lost some fans because of poor play and poor PR.

First, it's just not as enjoyable to watch a bad team lose.....or win for that matter. We have not been bad persay, but we are not viewed as a legit contender anymore...although the east is so weak, I guess we really qualify.

Second, more than a few people don't want to be associated with the franchise now. Some of these people are in business and do not want to take their clients to see those clowns. It's just an embarrassment.

Now, some of the damage will begin healing since we shipped a few guys out. So, no it's not permanent....but it will take time to get back to filling the fieldhouse.

We keep playing like this, and attendance will be all the way back by the time the Colts win the Super Bowl.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Pacers Need A Better GM. !Pacers-Fan!'s Avatar

Murphy Grabbed Alot of Rebounds and Granger Was Shooting Lights out in the 3-4 Quaters...Im Very Impressed...