Thread: What happened to Belichick's "class"?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default What happened to Belichick's "class"?

We always heard what a classy guy he was, but it is easy to be classy when you are winning.

I swear he snubbed Dungy and Manning both after the game. I mean, its one thing to be upset but dont be a poor sport about it.

I was shocked when I went back on TIVO and saw him act like that. Wonder if we will still hear all the ranting and raving about what "class" he has from ESPN and the other networks...

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Default Re: What happened to Belichick's "class"?

I don't think it's that he lacks class as much as he is a very solitary and thoughtful person. He shies away from the limelight most of the time; I'm not surprised he walked away after giving up the largest lead in a conference championship game.
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

He didn't snub Dungy, but he completely blew off Peyton.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He didn't snub Dungy, but he completely blew off Peyton.
    No doubt, you can tell by his body language. He did everything but push Manning out of the way . Oh well you can't win em all Bill

Why Not Us ?

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Slade View Post
    No doubt, you can tell by his body language. He did everything but push Manning out of the way . Oh well you can't win em all Bill
    *tweet*

"Roughing the passer. Half the distance to the goal line. 1st down."

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Mood

I think I agree with one of the "pundits" today that it was about the Colts and that Bill and the rest of the team were correct in not spending too much time on the field as soon as the game was over.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

sounds like he was a poor sport. ive watched it over and over on my dvr and yeah he did a half *** hand shake to Peyton, he did in fact have a short talk with coach though..ah well. see ya in sunny miami hehe
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

I'm not sure why this is news to any of you. He's always been like this. Whether he's not classy or he is just upset, this is nothing new. You should have seen how he looked after losing to the Jets earlier this season. But that's his way of steaming...so who's to say he can't do it? Everyone knows he respects Dungy and Manning. He doesn't have to give Peyton a hug and have a giant smile on his face after a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    I'm not sure why this is news to any of you. He's always been like this. Whether he's not classy or he is just upset, this is nothing new. You should have seen how he looked after losing to the Jets earlier this season. But that's his way of steaming...so who's to say he can't do it? Everyone knows he respects Dungy and Manning. He doesn't have to give Peyton a hug and have a giant smile on his face after a loss.
    No, he doesn't. But he should have enough respect for them to give them a few seconds of his time to offer congratulations and wish them well on the road ahead. That is what the Colts gave THEM every time they got their asses kicked at Foxboro.

I don't agree that 'everyone knows he respects Dungy and Manning'....his actions say different, and you know how much actions speak louder than words. When you SAY you respect them in the press conference before gameday, and then can't give them one minute of pause after they clearly bested you in a great slugfest, then I would suggest differently...anybody can say they respect someone, but showing it after you didn't have things work out your way is what defines "class"....kinda seems lacking on Belichick's part, and that isn't the first time.

At this point, I don't CARE about what he did. We won. That's what I care about. He can do whatever the heck he wants to, because he has the whole off season to figure it out. We have work ahead, and that is all I (or the Colts) should care about. Doesn't mean I don't want to comment on it, but I do so with a considerable lack of feeling about it...

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

I guess I never understood all this complaining about the losing team's lack of class after a game. Winning is its own reward.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What happened to Belichick's "class"?
    It never existed. He has always been classless. Him and Rodney Harrison are the real reasons I cannot stand the Pats.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

To be accurate, he didn't blow off Dungy. They hugged and had a few seconds of words.

To me, that's even worse. You hug the opposing coach and tell him something, yet when the opposing QB steps to shake your hand/hug you walk right past him?

Like Indy said, he's never had any to loose.